xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kahat

War Who would win in a war, China or the United States?

China is supposed to take the lead in the world economy in 2018 and they do have well trained troops and there weapons are more advance then ours I think it all depends on how we would fight the war that determines who wins technology and manpower doesn't win war strategy does-Zipzap

Every side loses in war, it's just a matter of which side loses the least, that's victory in war. In all truth, I think China could win. It's not just a simple matter of who has the bigger guns, or who has more people. China trades a lot, a LOT, with the United States, and the United States economy would suffer a lot from it. The same could be said for China though, because the prices for everything would fall as the previously export items flood the market. Then again, China with its' government could simply order the companies to close, something the US can't do.It's way too troublesome to even get into the first layer of what a war between China and the US would be like, but in the end it would be horrendous. I wouldn't doubt it if allies of both sides were drawn in.

I dont think neither would win, they would probably destroy each other for a while then end up signing a peace treaty or something, it would have to be a really huge war involving many allies, and I think that in this situation the United States would most probably win, but it would cost the country a lot.

USA vs CHINA

War

The USA would win without a doubt if it was an actual war and not an occupation.

Whoever the guy(s) was that claimed China's weapons were more advanced was an idiot.

China spends roughly 20-50 billion USD on defense and military every year, the USA spends well over 500 billion and some think it's upwards of a trillion.

The USA designs weapons and gear so that one soldier can defeat 10+ others if need be without a scratch, making numbers irrelevant. Numbers were proven irrelevant in the first Gulf war, where 500,000 US and coalition troops obliterated Saddam's army of 1.5+ million soldiers (with Soviet weaponry).

Also, how would China get to the USA? China has no navy to speak of, and what they do have would get obliterated by 1 carrier group in about 40 seconds flat.

Also China has no allies to speak of and the economic sanctions brought on by a war would send their economy into the toilet and the people would no doubt rise up against the government and topple it from the inside.

This is coming from a member of the Canadian Forces, the USA would win beyond a shadow of a doubt.

The Chinese airforce is huge, yet they have pathetic bombing capabilities and the air fighters they have are Russian designed Migs, refitted for Chinese use.

We all saw that in the gulf war, those same migs didn't shoot down a single US pilot, not even a Saudi Arabian pilot using a US F-15.

Air and Naval superiority dictates who wins wars, not ground forces.

The USA has a larger and more capable airforce, and the world's premier navy that can attack any country any time, in fact there are at least 2 carrier groups stationed between China and Taiwan right at this very moment, where as the Chinese have no aircraft carriers and only a handful of outdated submarines.

Lets also not forget, that if CHINA declared war on the USA, half the world would rise up and fight the Chinese, NATO alone would be enough to bury the Chinese military for good.

Also, the US has an infinite amount more resources to wage war, IE: Fuel.

If the Chinese wanted enough fuel and supplies to wage a war of that scale, they'd need to invade Siberia first and that would not be easy given the size of the Russian military and the weather conditions.

Also the standing army of the Peoples Republic of China is estimated at 2 million men strong, the VAST MAJORITY of which are poorly equipped, poorly TRAINED and are GROUND FORCES that would be completely useless in a war against the United States.

-reply by Alex G

Have to say it'll be close, but it would be a stalemate. It's not fun speculating about a war, but points that were brought up by another poster.

1. USA does not have the capacity to occupy china

China, does however have a lot more population than the United States/North American continent. The baby restrictions however was brought into China to control population

2. China does not have the capacity to occupy the united states3. Both have very sofitocated armies and weapons (not to mention nuclear weapons)

I'll agree there. Both indeed have powerful Army forces.

4. Both sides have very different ideologies and socities that are also very proud meaning that they would not surrender to each other

Both have different types of governments, esp in China when it was heavily a communist state before some restrictions were eased down a bit, considering the Beijing Olympics is not too far away.

5. we have something called the Un where people go before they respove wars and search for compromise.

However, that didn't stop the USA from waging War on Iraq over the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" controversy. Considering GWB was originally after Bin Laden before the Iraq debacle.

6. the only reason why they might go to war is over taiwan, which is an issue that will be resolved.

I hadnt followed this one much, although I do remember the Airline naming controversy where the major airlines had to create a separate subsidiary for flights into Taiwan, but I'd have to agree they will eventually sort things out, whether if its lateral or through other means (even if it does degenerate into a war for a little bit :\)

Thank you

War

Replying to Trap FeedBacker

Thank you for saying the first intelligent argument I have seen on this website. Anyone who has studied military history, social history, modern politics, or even have ever played a strategy game can see that the US would not lose in a war against China. I want to point out that while the Chinese Hegemony is consolidating power in south-east Asia and building a shaky alliance with the old dinosaur/flowering dictatorship called Russia, the US is rebuilding the NATO alliance to become easily the most powerful and important alliance in history.

Oh and don't get me started about technology. I admit I may be biased though. My wife and I are studying theoretical physics and are very aware of science and technology. I in fact hope to someday work for an agency called DARPA. If you want to end this debate now I suggest going over to their website and checking out some of the stuff they are working on. While China is still trying to figure out the definition of Capitalism we are working on stuff that would make E.T. Get nervous (well not quite, but you get the overly dramatic point).

By the way I do want to point out that this is an almost pointless debate because asking who would win between the US and China is like asking whether the Empire (from star wars) or the Federation (from Star Trek) would win. In the end you are dealing with a hypothetical event set in a hypothetical time, between two powers without taking into account allies, geographical distances, resources, or moral resolve.

-reply by United_Federation_of_Me

Your prediction sucks

War

Replying to Sprnknwn Dude, The US has the strongest navy in the world, most advanced tanks as well as the largest amount, The US dominates air space,China have a lot of people but there navys crap so yeah.

By the way what would Britain do in a war anyway there navys crippled and the troops either drop out of training or get killed by the US in friendly fire incidents.

-reply by Miliatary expert

USA vs China

War

USA would win no matter what, we have better leaders, experience, determination and weapons! if we go to war with them we have to make them come to us, because there navy sucks, so they would get bombed to **** if they tried. SO what if they have 300 million soldiers, we have better trained and more determined. Plus our allies would help.

-reply by kyle

Replying to kahatActually there is a lot wrong with your statements. China is almost caught up with the US as far as military technology, and they have WAY more young males available for service. Also they have bypassed our security and gained access to our military secrets and they have the ability to rage cyberwarfare. They could basically take away any advantage we have. They also have much larger production abilities, and in less than a decade they will have a larger navy and air force. Not to mention they also have nuclear capabilities, it doesn't matter how much you have its where you send them. And they will have nearly 1,000. And as far as training they have better trained soldiers because many people are forced to commit their life to nothing but military service. The only advantage we have is our allies and the fact that for now China's economy relies on us to by their goods. But in the Chinese military handbook they do state that a war with the US is the most possible future. Lets just hope it doesn't come to that or everyone in the world is screwed.

you dont no anything

War

The consequence to such a war would be entirely Armageddon. There would be no winners, losers, or even survivors. Either of the countries have a big enough nuclear arsenal to wipe out all of man kind. If it came down to a war without the use of nuclear or other super weapons(bio-agents,radiation techniques) the United States would easily defeat the poorly armed Peoples Republic of China. You truly have no significant stance on this issue.

-reply by youran idiot

That's a war I would not want to be around to see. Fighting China would mean fighting North Korea, that's is quite a challenge... and honestly I believe the U.S. is not prepare to face such a War.

you know?

War

You understand what I am Chinese, really ridiculous if China and the United States will fight again this is the third world war, you have to wait for go die. You pray or not to bar such things happen.

-reply by a chinese