xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kahat

War Who would win in a war, China or the United States?

(WAR) CHINA VS USA

War

Replying to kahat

The united states in a war with china would be costly the usa has never had a war in the last 70 years or so where there opponet was nothing more then an army china however now has a airforce and navy that has to be dealt with true that todays date 2008 the you.S. Would win the war because of our technology sheer naval and air power would cripple the chinese airforce navy and there army doesnt matter how many troops they have one bomb could kill thousands of there troops with out loosing a soilder on the americans side and we have alot of bombs plus with the bases in korea japan and tawiian the supply of the you.S. Military and its allies would be hard to beat specially if the chinese would no longer have a airforce or navy after the americans have bombed all of that tho you still would have to watch out war with china could mean war with north korea and we would have to take that into account and then that means there is another frontier that the united states would have to guard and if north korea attacks south korea you are looking at world war three then if we start using nukes then it will be the apocolypse in which in that case no one wins becuase a nuclear war cannot be won

-reply by matthew

replying to aotlo

War

Britain, only one "T" matey, but I agree wiyh you, training is everything

-reply by marcus86

todays world war

War

America spend over 300 billion euros on millitary forces and weapons, china not even 50 billion, china may have manpower but don't have the arsenal to do nothing. Uk would beat china, america would not win a world war as the europion union and all its members army would over power the usa.

-reply by thorpe

Victory in numbers may have worked in the Dark Ages, but not today. Most of the battles are at long range so numbers wouldnt matter when you have enough ammo and precise smart weapons which the US has. Also, we have a ton of allies that would help us. -reply by WIL MCMILLIAN

I'm gonna say... China.I mean, if you guys think the USA can win, I want you to justify the USA's position in Iraq.-reply by Guest

UK beat china? have uk beaten egypt? check your history. isnt it numbers that have won the war in ww2? i know that weapon technology can kill 1000 with just one bomb but isn't it enough?not everyone is an ally of the us, if you look at the iraq war, how many countries have soldiers there?in my opinion, who will attack first will lose.

Allies

War

Replying to Saint_Michael

Yeah... I think this is the side:

China side:

Russia

and. Korea

( I hope angry Japanese)

Iraq, Iran and others Middle East country

Southern Asia, Thailand, Indonesia and etc.

America side:

Great Brition

Some European

Australia

New Zealand

China have the most allies (and man power), America have more advanced technology, but compared to Russia, Russian are quite good.

I don't know, who will win but I know it is going to be good to see...

-reply by muhammad

China vs US...hmmm!

War

Ok...Let's get one thing out of the way. NUKES. Stupid...Don't even need to bring them up. Nukes won't be used...Will never be used. They are a waste. No country would win...Why use them...Why bring them up.

(However, with regard to nukes...The Chinese may be inclined to use theirs. If they did so. We would retaliate TACTICALLY. Meaning only targeting their missile sites. Not cities.)

The war would remain conventional. Now this is where it gets difficult. No one can deny the US has the most advanced weapons (as I former US infantryman I can relate)...China has more of everything. Tanks, Men, aircraft, and ships (though much smaller and less advanced).

The ratio of kills would be drastically in our favor. Because of our weapons advantage, quality, and defensive capabilites. However, the problem with numbers...We would need to ensure a constant flow of supplies to keep our armies supplied. That may be a little difficult. But in the end...It would be a tie. Our goal...Would be to deal enough damage to their forces to make them quit first. We can do this. Hard, but we can. Which brings me back to the MOST important factor in "victory"...Our public. Our public would not agree with the war, they would protest, cry, stamp their feet, and demand we back out. (Look at what our public is saying now...And our casualties our minimal...Less then 5000). As a former infantryman I went to Irag (twice) I am glad to be home. I only came home because of serious family problems that arose while I was away.

I, and my fellow soldiers would not wish to come home in DEFEAT. That would be like telling us...We died for nothing.

IF our public did the samething they are doing now in a war against China...We would probably lose because of our PUBLIC...Not OUR MILITARY.

And one other point...Remember the fervor on 9/11 and afterwards. Remember the PUBLIC outcry for WAR. Down with Saddam. Down with IRAQ. Kill them all slogans. Now the view has changed dramatically. Those same citizens calling for war before...Are yelling to bring us home. And placing blame on everyone else but THEMSELVES, for being cowards. I served...And I say we should come home in VICTORY in every war.

Americans will lose at everything...Everything...If they don't have the stomach to stick out a fight.

So...China against US...I hope it never happens.

-reply by SGTMantic

regarding britain and nuclear warfareWar

Replying to kahat

biscuit I don't agree, and aolto I do agree somwhat, but with the numbers are still preposterous... By the time the war was over millions of people would be dead, chinas army numbers some where in the 300,000,000 and Americas is somewhere in the 500,000's, now with these odds would britains 100,000 even make a difference? and don't start with the nukes because the ignorance of that statement is obvious and goes way over my head why anyone would think that, just because we used them in Japan (who had no nuclear arsonal) doesnt mean we would again...

We saw there descruction and unless fired upon by a nuclear weapon congress would never allow it, not to mention china (who does have a nuclear asonal) would blow every state in America to itty bitty little peices, war with china would be disasterous, the death count monumental, I have no doubt we seemingly be the victors but with that much loss of life noone really wins, Chinese or Americans, dead people are dead, nukes will not do, because the land is uninhabitable and land would be the only reason china would war with us (so they can ease the suffering of there starving citizens) and if they nuked us, the land coudnt be cultivated thus they would have lost all of those men and all that equipment in a war for nothing, please before posting any more of this uninformed nonsense, do some research, don't post unless you know what your talking about

-reply by saint0fwar

The United States of America with out question has the greatest military force ever assembled since the Roman Empire, with that said the United States have ground, aeronautic, and naval superiority. First lets say that war breaks out between the United States and China, in a ground engagement you could argue that the Chinese could overwhelm you.S. Forces if you recall when China sent 1 million troops to the North Koreas aid in the Korean war forcing you.S. And allied forces to retreat back to the boarders we now have today between the North and South Koreans fortunately for the you.S. Military, new technology has changed ground engagement in our favor meaning the you.S. Would have air support that the Chinese would not have due to you.S. Air superiority which would make any attempt to engage in large ground engagements with you.S. Forces foolish. Second naval engagement, the Chinese have yet to add an Aircraft Carrier to their Navy, the United States boasts 10 Nimitz-class Air Craft Carriers, the Chinese literally could not get close enough to see us before they where sinking. Third aeronautical engagement, the you.S. Air force has been estimated to be 10-15 YEARS MORE ADVANCED then any other aeronautic military in the world, that includes are allies, the Chinese simply just cannot come close to competing. I am tired of the debate between which nation has greater military might the facts are that their is no nation that could in a conventional war stand one inch of ground against the you.S. Military.

Facts instead of opinions. :)War

China has in FACT the largest number of SERVICEMEN which are poorly equiped and trained. The chinese military has no modern military experience.

Basically to find it out who would win a conflict between China and the U.S.A. We should look for 6  major KEY factors:

Army: The United States Army is the BEST army in the world, with hundreds of bases located all around the globe, it wouldn't be a problem for them to reach any country in any place, in any time.

China have indeed a large numbers of soldiers, but in modern warfare, numbers plays a smaller role in the battlefield ( A single bomb from an american jet could rip apart an entire team of enemy soldiers ) . The PLA ( People's Liberation Army) is in FACT inferior to the U.S. Army.

The PLA's soldiers are poorly trained and equiped. They have vehicles back from the 90's which are no match to the hight tech vehicles  from the U.S. Army. = U.S. Control of the ground.

Air Force: The U.S. AirForce is the most modern airforce in the world , and the largest. They have the high tech "Stealth", so that means they can bomb any place in the world without even being shot at.

The PLA's Air power is also inferior to the U.S. AirForce, so basicaly the United States would maintain the air control over the chinese air space. = U.S. Control of the air.

Navy: The U.S. Navy is FAR! more advanced if compared to the PLA's Naval force, which doesn't have a single carrier. They can deploy elements from the U.S. Army or the Marines with a massive speed and effect.

The PLA's Navy is maDe of "ancient" ships, which are as usual INFERIOR to the destroyers and other ships from the U.S. Navy.  = U.S. Control of the seas.

Marines: The U.S. Marines might be one of the smallest branches in the U.S. Military, but they can be quickly deployed to any place in the world with the support from the navy.

The PLA's Special Force, are INFERIOR to the U.S.  Marines and other U.S.Special forces (Navy Seals, Army Rangers, Delta Force, etc..). = U.S. Control of the ground.

Economy: The U.S. Economy is in FACT far stronger than the chinese.

So, here is the thing guys, we all know that the United States have in FACT the BEST military in the world and that we are the second largest military ( number of servicemen and vehicles ) in the Earth, and with a military experience that few countries currently have.

China has in FACT the largest number of SERVICEMEN which are poorly equiped and trained. The chinese military has no modern military experience.

Basically to find it out who would win a conflict between China and the U.S.A. We should look for 6  major KEY factors:

Army: The United States Army is the BEST army in the world, with hundreds of bases located all around the globe, it wouldn't be a problem for them to reach any country in any place, in any time.

China have indeed a large numbers of soldiers, but in modern warfare, numbers plays a smaller role in the battlefield ( A single bomb from an american jet could rip apart an entire team of enemy soldiers ) . The PLA ( People's Liberation Army) is in FACT inferior to the U.S. Army.

The PLA's soldiers are poorly trained and equiped. They have vehicles back from the 90's which are no match to the hight tech vehicles  from the U.S. Army. = U.S. Control of the ground.

Air Force: The U.S. AirForce is the most modern airforce in the world , and the largest. They have the high tech "Stealth", so that means they can bomb any place in the world without even being shot at.

The PLA's Air power is also inferior to the U.S. AirForce, so basicaly the United States would maintain the air control over the chinese air space. = U.S. Control of the air.

Navy: The U.S. Navy is FAR! more advanced if compared to the PLA's Naval force, which doesn't have a single carrier. They can deploy elements from the U.S. Army or the Marines with a massive speed and effect.

The PLA's Navy is maDe of "ancient" ships, which are as usual INFERIOR to the destroyers and other ships from the U.S. Navy.  = U.S. Control of the seas.

Marines: The U.S. Marines might be one of the smallest branches in the U.S. Military, but they can be quickly deployed to any place in the world with the support from the navy.

The PLA's Special Force, are INFERIOR to the U.S.  Marines and other U.S.Special forces (Navy Seals, Army Rangers, Delta Force, etc..). = U.S. Control of the ground.

Economy: The U.S. Economy is in FACT far stronger than the chinese.

U.S. GPD Rank: 1.

Chinese GPD Rank: 4.   = U.S. Control of the economy.

Tactics: So, it is very obvious that the U.S. Military branches are far supperior to the PLA. 

Based on the facts, we know that the United States would be on the OFFENCIVE during the whole war.

The U.S. Marines and U.S. Army supported by the U.S. Navy and AirForce would be unstoppable  and they would, in union, crush the PLA and consequently reach Beijing in matter of months if not weeks.

All the factors led to the fact that the United States of America would surely defeat the PLA, which is in FACT inferior to the U.S. Military.

The U.S. Victory would consequently bring the overtrow of the communist chinese government and the adoption of democracy in China.

Cpl. Joe Miller - 2nd Infantry Division, U.S. Army.

-reply by Joe Miller

China would probably winWar

It all depends. If the U.S were to invade China, then it would be one hell of a battle...It would be hard to take allof China, or at least enough to force a surrender. Sure, their men carry pitchforks, but their military ratio (if in a draft), would be like 10:1 to the U.S military forces. Nuclear, hydrogen, and other warheads, or other types of large scale bombs would probably be impossible, because we don't want to kill civilians. If they invaded us, they would probably easily win, if they get all their men in at once. A large percentage of our military is spread out throughout the world, so it would take time for our forces to gather and fight. They would mass us and it'd be difficult to put up a resitance. They would probably launch warheads like ruthless fools, knowing those damn Chinese. In conclusion, I believe the Chinese would win either way, they invade or we invade. Technology and tactics has no meaning when it comes to numbers.

I also believe that the Chinese or the U.S wouldn't be alone. 

The Allies (or whatever the U.S and their friends would be called) would consist of, I believe:

The U.K, France,  many other nations of the NATO (such as random western European countries),the Japanese (they were helping us in the recent missle awareness with the North Koreans), the Canadians, Australia, South Korea, and maybe India (India is slowly expanding and could become similar to China).

The Other guys: (what the allies consider bad)

Russia, China, North Korea, possibly Cuba, some eastern European countries fueled by Russia to fight western European countries, India (if they choose this side), and maybe some Middle Eastern countries. 

Those other guys sure do have less nations, but they most of them are very powerful.

I just hope this would never happen, this would be the worst and last war the world would ever see, either ending in peace or in death. 

-reply by thatdude

View of an overseas Chinese based in Hong KongWar

Just went through the news of  China's navy's parada of her 60th anniversary.

A lot of interesting comments here. A war between the US and China...? Well...

I think no one on earth knows better the true power of the Chinese military. We know good enough how big the gap and I can honestly tell you that China would never ever want to have a war with the US. That, however doesn't mean that China is scared to get in war with the US.  And with the billions of money the country is making each day, it is still preparing for a possible war.

I agree with many of the above, nukes would never been used. U can get away from that cos once those will be used,  it will be the end of our planet. Perhaps, its about the right time to look for another planet to emmigrate then.

I see there are many posts here saying how advanced the US military is amongs its navies, air-force fighters , bombers etc.  And...We all know that!

The gulf war was a wake up call to the leaders in Beijing, who noticed the importance of a country's air-force in a modern war.  And that's the reason, alike from India who just knew to buy buy and buy modern fighter from Russia, France and the US, Deng Xiapeng asked for the su-27 fighters . But he didn't not wanted to buy them only, but insisted to buy the  license of 'how to make one' from Russia. The negotiation lasted for years but due to the fact with the Russia Collapse and the Russian needed the case, eventually agreed to teach The Chinese government how to make the su-27 , which at that time was one of the only fighters comparable to the F-16 Block A/B.  At the same time, China never stopped to develop its own intelligence on R&D on its J-10 Fighter, which was intially a cancelled Lavi Fighter project from the Israelians. 

Today in 2009, china has already X batches of J-10 fighter and over hudreds of SU-X fighters in its air-force.  Enough to fight against the US?  You would be laughing your mouth out if I'd say yes.

We know that the gap is stilll big and while the US is sending 8-10 of its aircraft carrier to China's front door at the South China Sea,  with all its Raptors and other fighters, our fighters are still not enough to stop you.

How about our missiles then?  Even I don't know how many missiles are been placed all around the seacoast, already years being prepared for a day that 8-10 us carriers would arrive. Over a thousand or even 2000 missles? Possible, cos no one knows how they are deployed.  Accuracy of those missiles?  Well perhaps I can't hit your right leg but I might hit your left arm...

How about submarines . I think that's one of the only field that the PLA can be proud of themselves and which they believe they are confident to at least standup with another nation.

Back to the air-force,  since 1991 till now,  China has never non-stop to put in resources into its R&D in order to make its own fighters.  There are dozen of Russian and Ukranian engineers being (some secretly ) employed in the chinese labs to assist with those newest secret project.

Since the start of the Opium War in 1842, china has never stopped being bullied by the west. Being raped again and again and again by foreign nations (especially Japan),  what they are all trying to do is avoid history repeating again.  China may never, ever defeat the US.  But the point is you gonna stop, China may be another Iraq or Bosnia or Afghanistan. And China surely wouldn't let that happen.

The US, having a war thousand miles away from home is not easy. Defence, though ..Which supplies would be easier , good make a difference in a possible war between the US and China.

However, I can tell you a fact that is China would never surrender. Neither could the Japanese do that to us in the Sino-Japanese war, which the Japanese said it would only take the 3 months to conquer China, which eventually lasted for 8 years till they surrended , thanks to US who finished the final chapter with the nukes .

Oh yes...  I almost forget, the Chinese and Americans... They were alies once upon a time during wwii  . War between us ? Please don't...I would rather see peace forever between our two nations.  You want to be the world cop,  go ahead.  But please leave us alone.

The Great Wall was build at high cost only because the Chinese people want to leave themselves alone, not to go outside.

p.S.  Most Chinese people actually like the American people and we actually never really hated you.  If you want me to find a true enemy,  that would be only  ~ Japanese Empire.

-reply by Fatcow

who wins in a war between China and USA?War

This leads to another question,that being,How does China supply it's millitary in battle?They would end up with millions of starving soldiers,because the logistics of maintaining an army of that size is mind-boggling! They are real scary on paper,but I am willing to wager a tidy sum of money that the Japanese military would hand them their asses on a modern battlfield.The reason they have no experience in modern warfare,is because they cant supply their troops without starving their support system ie;the folks back home.Look the bottom line is that we have a symbiotic rlationship with the Chinese,and Russia and Brazil wont buy goods in near the amount that we do.Therefore they are stuck with us and we are stuck with them like it or not.What are they going to do with thousands of ships full of goods that they cant sell?The only thing I can come up with is Give them to our military and let us take target practice on them.Wrap that up in your blunt and smoke it homey!

-reply by kerry

War between the US and China,who wins?War

Our troops would make it very difficult if not impossible for them to supply their troops on-theatre.The reason no one can fight our troops (US) is because we have full spectrum domination,and numerical superiority is not an issue if you cant supply your troops.They cant make an air-drop if they cant fly an aircraft without it being shot down.They cant use road transportation if our air force is in the skies.They cant use naval means of supplying their troops,because they wont get within a continent using naval power.Even if they team up with the other nations that are possible suppliers and extra combatants,they still have to have a sound logistical means of delivering supplys to front line combatants.If you have the (US) military adopting viet-cong tactics,and using various means of harrassment to keep supplies from getting to their (China) troops,how can they hope to win a battle much less a war.Only an un-educated person would look at such a thing as this without knowing what logistics that the Chinese have or (lack).They can gosse step through Tien-anmen Square and impress the heck out of some of you lackeys,but as for me I'll just sit back watch old John Wayne movies and laugh at you.

-reply by kerry