xisto Community
Inty

I don't use notepad for my php programming anymore I use Crimson Editor

I use NotePad++ (Free) and TextPad (Shareware) when I need to see the code only, when I want to see the layout too I will use dreamweaver (actually I hate it, but FrontPage sucks...so there's no other option).

I use NotePad++ (Free) and TextPad (Shareware) when I need to see the code only, when I want to see the layout too I will use dreamweaver (actually I hate it, but FrontPage sucks...so there's no other option).

there are other optins really. myself I use a lot of differnt programs dreamwever included, But as for a free or trail editor try coffeecup. it will let you see the designed page in your browser.

I use dreamweaver cs3 for edit php.I think it is better than Crimson Editor.Dreamweaver has a lots feature to build the website. I think complete one

I use dreamweaver cs3 for edit php.

I think it is better than Crimson Editor.

Dreamweaver has a lots feature to build the website. I think complete one

Definitely Dreamweaver is a good one for designing and development of websites. But thats a paid one. If you want free editor, try Komodo Edit. Its one of the best free editors available, especially for PHP development. :P

I've always used notepad for php. What would be nice would be an editor where you could set the colors of nested loop and if statement brackets.It would be mucheasier to keep track of things that way.

I got it free on a MicroMart CD, but i'm sure you could find it on download.com
It's a great alternative.

Thanks friends as even I was looking for some good editor for php codes and I think I will be helped and benefited with it a lot. Thanks again. 

I got it free on a MicroMart CD, but i'm sure you could find it on download.com
It's a great alternative.

I use Notepad++ for simple editing. It's open-source and there are frequent updates to it. When I have to work on a server with no software installed, I use WordPad instead of NotePad.

I also like EclipsePHP, which is a complete PHP IDE though I occasionally use NuSphere PhpEd.