xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
C2C

Best Racing Game For Pc Opinions wanted

I have just been playing Need For Speed Underground, He will need a good PC to run it for full HD which is what I done. It is awesome! Another game two games that I think are great are PGR 4 & Grid. All three of these games I have said can be used with pedals and a wheel as I have tried this. Good luck with choosing ;).

There used to be this really old game - I don't know whether or not it's still alive, but it was called "Live for Speed" and it seemed to be really smooth. I enjoyed that game a lot but sadly I lost track of it and can't find it now. So I'm now sticking to Need for Speed!

I have recently played NFS Carbon and is very good. It has got better graphics, and gameplay is also pretty much good. The thing which I most like about this game is that the canyon races. The map of the game is divided into four regions and each region have got its own boss and our job is to acquire all these territories. Challenging a boss is not easy! First you have to complete a number of races in the territory and then defeat the boss in a race followed by canyon race. Then only we become boss of that region. Some other features of this game include crew..you can now even hire your own crew. Carbon also allows us to fully customize car but we will have to pay for that customization not by real money but by the money which we earned by winning races. I just hate this thing...This is the only thing which I don't like in this game. But overall speaking this game is one of the best racing game available in the market and will be a good buy for anyone.

I really liked need for speed underground and underground 2 as well, but after playing the same sort of free roaming style through each NFS title thereafter it really gets a bit tedious, despite how well refined it is becoming. That's why I revert back to NFS 4's non linear style sweeping tracks, just to get a change plus i like watching those high speed Autobahn type races on DVD, as silly as they are.

Edited by inverse_bloom (see edit history)

I think in the NFS series hot pursuit 2 is really good. I'm not saying it's the best but that's where all the excitement started in the entire series! Other racing games are good too, but I don't think they'll ever get close to what NFS has achieved.

I have nearly played every version of Need for speed till NFS Most Wanted.Because after that my computer wasn't able to pull the other newer versions as you all would have guessed I don't have a graphics card.I have also played Burnout.But the best I have seen is GRID.I usually play this game on one of my friend's PC. This is an ultimate racing game. It can't look realistic than this. Playing GRID would give you the real feeling of driving the car with all ashtonishing graphics and real scenarios and the real game is the car damage. Yes you can't go anywhere and hit anything you like as you can do in NFS. If you do so your car will get damaged according to the impact of the collision.So all I want to say is that you can not get a more realistic racing game than this one.Its truly amazing but you need a descent graphics card to deal with this game.So final verdict..the best is GRID.

I have played SLRR (street legal racing redline) and I think the options you have to make your car bit by bit is a great feature and the gameplay is great.

Hehe it's been a while since this topic started and that means that any suggestion I give is useless considering it's been 5 years since the topic starter was curious about what game to buy , there were probabily thousands of car racing games released during this period.Over the years I've tried a few games of this kind but after Carbon , my pc (for that period) could not support the new versions of NFS (let's face it NFS is the best Car Racing Games BRAND).I started my NFS journey all the way back to NFS 1 when it was launched and used to play it on a K-5 133 Mhz procesor , 1 MB video card si 8 MB Ram (later upgraded to 32 in order to play Quake :D ).. those were the good days :)). Also I remember about NFS 2 that had multiplayer option to play on the same PC with SplitScreen.. mann that game made me and my brother lose alot of nights just playing , always wining and trying to beat the best time!After then that no NFS really "caught" me until UNDERGROUND got out , it was another revolution in racing games for me , with good graphics for it's time , car tuning abilities and the other cool things about it that everyone knows!.After that I tried Underground 2 and yes it was great too but the fact that it used to frame alot made me give up the game and for that I didn't even try NFS Carbon until I changed my PC!.In my Opinion the best Racing Game of all times will be NFS Underground!!! No doubt. When it was on the market everyone was playing it , talking about new achievements etc....

Some of the best games for racing on PC are Need For Speed: Shift, rFactor, and Dirt 2. But the all time best game for racing on PC within the past 5 years is Race Driver GRID. It is amazing, its got great graphics, it's fun and very easy to get into, its got a fun story mode. The only let down in the game is the inability to customize your car 100%. Overall I rate GRID 9.5 out of 10.

Now burnout and Gran Turismo is for consoles only. Underground 2 us pretty frustrating at best. EA coulk do a lot more. NFS Underground was very good. It had about 100 races to play in Careeer mode, lot's of parts and a fun driving model. NFSU2 has a better one, it also has o0pen city driving, better graphics and so one. Altough it's very boring. You won't even have to concentrate on your driving. So, I'm for NFS : U. There's also a fun game Trackmania : Sunrise, you do lots of sti+unts and tricks with your car, NFS : most wanted is coming. So, do the next best thing, take the next-gen game, no noe knows how it will be, so see for yourself before we do. Hope that helped.

I found the graphics in Underground 2 is not much changed compared to the previous version, but features in the game is great