xisto Community
karlo

Do You Think That Friday The 13th Is Bad Luck?

:P Friday the thirteenth is considered the unluckiest of days, unless you were born on Friday the thirteenth. If you were born on this day then Friday the thirteenth is your lucky day. The origins of Friday superstitions are many. One of the best known is that Eve tempted Adam with the apple on a Friday. Tradition also has it that the Flood in the Bible, the confusion at the Tower of Babel, and the death of Jesus Christ all took place on Friday. Long before the Bible was written, Friday was considered an important day. Primitive people set aside Fridays as a special time to worship their deities and ask them for good crops, health and happiness. Those who worked on this day were told not to expect "good luck" from the gods. The day Friday was named after Frigg (or Frigga), the Norse goddess of marriage. Later she was confused with the goddess of love, Freya, who in turn became identified with Friday. When the Norsemen and Germanic tribes became Christians, Freya was supposed to have been banished to the mountains as a witch. Friday came to be called "witches' Sabbath." For it was believed that on this day, each week, twelve witches and the Devil met - thirteen evil spirits up to no good! This is just one of the explanations for our superstition about Friday the 13th. The Bible is often considered a book of numbers. In the Bible the numbers 7, 12 and 40 appear throughout the Old and New Testaments. The number 12 is considered a lucky number. As a result, the number which follows 12 was thought to be evil. Known scientifically as "Tridecaphobia," fear of the number 13 is probably the most common of all superstitions. Buildings avoid numbering the 13th floor. Airplanes avoid the 13th aisle. And most common of all, Friday the 13th is considered a bad luck day. Psychologists believe that Friday the 13th will become a day of bad luck if people focus on the day because people will create their own bad luck by paying attention to the superstition. Feeding energy into anything - especially a superstition - can cause manifestation of the event - as the consciousness grids are reacting. Remember the grids and the universe are mathematical. They respond to geometry - numbers - the primary language of the Universe. When many people believe that an event is negative - dark - evil - based on a date - or number or sequence of numbers - this can cause disruptions in the grid harmonics - and cause the event to happen. It is not unlike believing that a curse has been put on you - or your family - or someone you know. The more you believe that it is real - the more you will create that reality in the grids. You maybe simply looking for the drama of events linked to a specific superstition. If you do not play within the parimeters of that energy - you won't even give it a second thought. You can tune into the frequency of the superstition - fear - and experience the strength of it. If you believe that everytime there is a Friday the 13th - something bad will befall you - then you will manifest an event of that type. As far as digits go - they do have meaning as they are creational. It would follow that some digits are triggers - some are lucky - and some will signify the polarity - negative energies! Number 13 has had its share of troubles. It is 1+3=4= completion for many things. But haven't bad things happened on other dates? In ancient civilizations - Egyptian, Sumerian, Assyrian, Hebrew, Christian - people believed in Magik - the power of the Magician to caste a spell - the power of the Gods to create, etc. Much of it was all based on control by fear! We are giving up fear, right? B) We have seen the tricks - the illusions - the magic - the clown - in all of the cultures we have looked at in recent months. It is in the program. Number 4 - the final trick! The main event for the trickster - or he just part of the illusion. Trickery makes us believe creation is external to us when it is quite the opposite. The trickster challenges you. to think to question things ,to get past negative emotions until you finally see the truth in what is occurring. Superstitions are linked to myths and prophecies. A superstition is a belief, half-belief, or practice for which there appears to be no rational substance. Those who use the term imply that they have certain knowledge or superior evidence for their own scientific, philosophical, or religious convictions. An ambiguous word, it probably cannot be used except subjectively. With this qualification in mind, superstitions may be classified roughly as religious, cultural, and personal. Every religious system tends to accumulate superstitions as peripheral beliefs,Often one person's religion is another one's superstitionIf Believe in superstition like as Friday 13 ,you will fall for anything in Life .There?s many myths of Life cycles ,different cultures that gets handed down and Taught to each of us ,some myths just stay as Truth but again is it really Truth or how one may believe in ones own mind. The Money makers of Television has brought many Great shows concerning Friday 13 ,that as growing up ,We all learned to relate Friday 13 in some form or myth in our minds to bring out Fear or associate this day as unlucky, as many other days ,Fear is one the Greatest Tools that creates myth's as Friday 13,as real as it can become in How a person relates to it ,as part of How they Believe in one's own mind. B)

I believe no, at least to me. I do see why most would though.If everyone says that running would kill you and someone ran and just by coincidence died, people would most likely develop a fear of running.It is a bad analogy but I think you get my point.

I don't really believe that it's unlucky. I actually feel as excited during Friday the 13th as people gets too cautious during that day. In our country, most people believe just the number is unlucky so they don't have 13th floors (which I find weird, considering that the 14th floor is technically the 13th floor). I think they were so attached to the superstition that's attributed with the number. And I find it even more humorous that our country has the largest population of Catholics compared to other religion, yet they believe in such stuff. As far as I remember, Catholics aren't supposed to believe in superstitions in the first place, well for those devout ones anyway.

Wow so many people replied to this post.Well i personally think Friday 13th is probably one of the best days in the year.I was born on a Friday the 13th.Actually i was born on St. Patrick's day till they decided to move that holiday to the 17th.Look at an old calender from the year 1992 and you'll see I'm not lieing.Many people think i lie because they believe St. Patrick's Day was always on the 17th.I was born at 3 in the morning and according to the movie "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" thats the hour of the devil or something like that.You see i always seem to have one of the best days every year on every Friday the 13th.So no, i don't believe Friday the 13th is a day of bad luck.

If you think about it realistically... Friday The 13th is on a diff day every year. Its on same date, and the wed/thurs/fri.... doesnt matter but the actual day, so it might be on the 33rd day of the year one year, and then on the 34th the next year.How can it possibly give you bad luck? Its like an email giving you good luck, or a magic cookie appearing on ur screen from an email.I personally say NO, and theres no way it could!

Replying to karloI used to think that the number 13 was bad and badluck. But then at a track meet I beat this girl in the mile by .13 seconds. So Really , every Friday the 13th passes like any other day. Its all superstition.-reply by stephie

thats bogus

Do You Think That Friday The 13th Is Bad Luck?

Well, I honestly think that friday the 13 isnt bad luck at all...Totally ..I say that if you believe in it that chances are thata you are jixing yourself and youll have bad luck but then I think again 2nd thought ..If you don't believe it it wont happen to you.

-reply by ...Kerlz...

I think Friday The 13th is not bad luck. I don't understand why people believe it is. I guess it's what you believe or whatever but I personally think it's just stupid. Like that whole 666 day - June 6, 2006 - was totally dumb: nothing significant happened. In general, I think that superstitions are fake and that things we come across in life are both positive and negative.

*rolls eyes*Do You Think That Friday The 13th Is Bad Luck?

totall superstition, all invented by the brain...If you want bad luck, you get bad luck(and vice versa)...Its just like bloody mary...If you want to see her your brain makes you see her, totall hallucination.  

-reply by Idontbuysuperstitions

Sure it is.... Thinking back, some of the worst days of my life were on Friday the 13th. o.oBut it's probably only unlucky because you get worried for something bad to happen and you don't really watch out like you normally would.