xisto Community
karlo

Do You Think That Friday The 13th Is Bad Luck?

Hello, I do not think that Friday the 13th is bad luck . This is just a superstition developed by many young people, who have nothing else to do with their time, but come up with rumors. These people may also do this because they feel that they need something to justify for their bad luck on a certain day. People are also superstitios about black cats, but that stop does not some people from keeping them as pets. Also, they may also do this because they believe in a thing called destiny. I, personally do not believe in destiny, and I think that if a person has enough will, they can get anything accomplished, just with the help of hard work. In conclusion, I am not a believer on such superstitions a Friday the 13th and believe that believing in these superstitions is pointless and will not get you anywhere in life. Thankss aDDie ( =

I don't really think that Friday 13th is unlucky... I mean nothing uber-bad has ever happened to me (that I remember) on that day. It's just superstitions like it's unlucky to walk under a ladder or something.

My house number is 13, and you'd probably expect something crazy to happen every friday... but nope :(. I agree with the majority here, it's simply a superstition that provokes spooky thoughts.Halloween is great thow.. Nothing like pulling out all the stops to freak out the kids visiting the evil #13 house.. mwahahahaha!

Well, here are some well known things about the 13th for all of you.On April 13, 1970,after two days into its misson, Apollo 13, 213,000 miles from Earth had an terrible explosion that blew off a panel that was 13 feet by 13 feet. Thirteen minutes later the astronauts realized that the spacecraft was leaking oxygen. The misson was launched at 13:13 hours, from pad 39 (a third multiple of 13)A religious one:When Jesus ate with his 12 disciples on his last supper. There were 13 at the table. And of course, after dinner, a bad thing happened.Here?s a mythology lesson: The fear of 13 allegedly came from Norse mythology and a dinner party at Valhalla, home of the god Odin. Odin had a party with 11 of his god friends which makes 12. Then Loki came uninvited which made the fateful party 13. Balder, one of the gods there tried to kick Loki out of the house. It is said that he was killed by Loki by a spear/arrow with a mistletoe tip.

I read somewhere that one of the reasons that thirteen is considered an unlucky number by Christians has to do with witches. A circle for a coven of witches measured nine feet in diameter, comfortably seating/standing thirteen people. So thirteen became considered the 'traditional' number for a witches coven. Of course, if you're a witch, or not Christian, thirteen should not be considered unlucky, unless the superstition spread to other cultures.I generally don't really notice when it's Friday the thirteenth. It's just another day for me. Although one year, I had extremely good luck with several things on a Friday the thirteenth. Since I never had really bad luck on one, I tend to consider Friday the thirteenth lucky for me because of that one day when it was.I read somewhere that airlines drop their rates on Friday the 13th, because a lot of people are superstitious and don't want to fly on a Friday the 13th. Silly people.

I think Friday the 13th is a busted myth. I have no bad luck that day and besides the the devil is the god of luck. I don't think theres anything to fear of Friday the 13th. Its just a day that the Americans decided to say that that would be another stupid holiday that is comepltly pointless. This day should be erased form the calanders, if you are experiancing bad things happening to you that day, it could just be that your just having a down day. Lets say you leave your keys in the car and you have to call the Locksmith on Friday the 13th. This doesn't neccassarly mean bad luch, havn't you been locked out of your car several times?

Edited by William91 (see edit history)

There is no way that Friday the 13th is bad luck. I have heard pretty much all of the myths that are supposed to occure on this day. Many of these myths I have tried to see if they work. None of the ones I tried have had the intended effect.

I don't believe it at all.As the Chinese saying goes " It will be real if you believe it and it will not be real if you don't believe it".May I translate is not good, but the mean is that if you believe friday 13th will brings you bad luck, you will get some impression of it and will do something wrong.

Edited by faund (see edit history)

I don't believe it either.

As the Chinese saying goes " It will be real if you believe it and it will not be real if you don't believe it".

That actually makes a lot of sense. If you think its bad luck, you will think about it too much, and be cations, and you may think that every little thing that happens is bad luck.

My birthday falls on the 13th and when I turned 18, in 1987, it fell on Friday the 13th and there was a full moon that night as well. I really played that night low key and it was kinda spooky, but nothing remarkable happened to me that night and I took no chances. I always consider my birthday number, 13, to be good luck. Since it's a choice, that's what it is. Good luck. As a matter of useless trivia, a full moon won't happen on my birthday in conjunction with a Friday again until the year 2082. How's that for good luck?

As snlildude said, it's only due to a nice little thing called he placebo effect that Friday the 13th brings bad luck to people. If you truly believe you'll have bad luck, then you will because your subconcious will force you to drop that milk in your lap or whatever. However, friday the 13th is nomore special than, say, hamsters. If you felt that hamsteres would bring you bad luck, the placebo effect would do the same thing.

I dont think friday 13th is bad luck it is just all in everyone head. Cause everything happens for a reason it will never happen just because it is a certain day. Most people think that when July 7,2007 came everyone will have a lot of luck but nothing really happen it was just a regular day. Some may have said that a lot of good stuff might have been happening to them but that stuff happen cause they wanted that stuff to happen. I have stepped on a lot of cracks on friday the 13 and when i came home my mom was alright.LOL It is all in our head.

haha yeah.I think that if you think it is unlucky you will have bad luck, maybe, but if you don't care then your luck will be fine. Luck, I guess, is all a matter of perception. I mean, whether you're a lucky or unlucky person is really a matter of whether or not you think you are.

Hmm well, I heard from someone the reason friday the 13th was labeled a day of bad luck was because some person was killed on that day, then again I'm not really sure if what he say is true as just as it is, its superstitious thinking.