xisto Community
karlo

Do You Think That Friday The 13th Is Bad Luck?

Nope. I do not believe in any superstition and that includes chain letters. Superstition in my opinion is to scare little kids so that they'll behave but other than that, it's just a hoax to me.

I'm not superstitious but for those ppl who are, if you really are superstitioyus and you believe in something (unfortunate) hard enough, you'll end up sorta making it happen for yourself.

I don't really believe in bad luck or good luck. For me it's like if it happens then it happens. I don't believe it happens for a reason at all. My answer for your question is no. My reason being is that I've never had an unlucky Friday the 13th in the 17 years I've lived. I have yet to hear of any bad luck cases from people that I know happening on Friday the 13th either. If people set themselves up to think that something may happen on that day then it may very well be that something bad happens only because they were to worried about bad luck then to think of anything else.

to me anything unlucky in the superstition world is lucky to me. I think 13 is lucky and I think friday the 13th is lucky. I know about two pople born on a Friday 13th and both are extremely clever and talented people.People only notice it more on Friday 13th because it has a reputation. The same things could happen another day but you wouldn't really care because it's not "the bad luck day" so it's all in the brain, I reckon.

I believe that in some buildings that have 13 or more floors, skip floor 13 and go to 14 because they think that it would be bad luck.So it would go:Floor 1Floor 2.........Floor 12Floor 14Stupid really...

to me anything unlucky in the superstition world is lucky to me. I think 13 is lucky and I think friday the 13th is lucky. I know about two pople born on a Friday 13th and both are extremely clever and talented people.

People only notice it more on Friday 13th because it has a reputation. The same things could happen another day but you wouldn't really care because it's not "the bad luck day" so it's all in the brain, I reckon.

184272[/snapback]

You´re alrigth, and I believe the mith started with Jesus Christ and followers in the last supper, 1+12 = 13 ! the polemic number!

I don't believe that Friday the 13th is bad luck. It's just a normal day like all the others. If anything bad happens to anyone on a Friday the 13th then it's just a co-incidence. Bad/unlucky things can happen on any day of the week, just like good or lucky things can happen at any time.I think it's silly too, some of the things that have been done to accommodate for those people who do have a superstition about the number 13. Sonyguy mentioned about the missing 13th floor in some buildings. They also do this on planes and trains...they will skip the 13th row of seats and go straight to 14. I remember once when my family was coming back from a holiday, everyones seat was in row 14...except for me, I had row 12. We all thought there would be a row of seats between us but when we got on there and I was just in the row in front of them. For the whole trip, I kept looking at the aisle numbers and it was annoying me that whoever made the plane couldn't count properly.Now, if we all develop a fear of the number 12, then 11, then 10, they'll have to skip those numbers too and pretty soon there'll be no rows left. *nods*

Hmm, I've answered this question before.. somewhere!? Anyhoo, it was, in fact, originally supposed to be 'the' most luckiest day of the year, for many thousands of years, but some muppet religion came along and decided to change it to the unluckiest day, an ideal which is still lasting now.

Actually no.

I don't think that friday the 13th is bad luck for me.

It might be for others... but not me. The odd thing is, friday the 13th's are my lucky days! :)

Yeah. I know, weird right? But I kind of do believe in bad luck, but not the kind where you walk under a ladder thing. More like karma. What goes around comes around? That kind of thing.

Maybe you can do an experiment and just walk under a ladder or say Macbeth in a theatre? What's the harm in that?

Friday the 13th to me is not a big deal. i've worn black on that day and nothing happened to me. I guess its if you believe in it or not. Like if you believe in it enough it does happen and if you don't than you just don't. It so happens tomorrow is Friday the Thirteenth. I hope nothing goes wrong. Well just the ocassional school to burn down but nothing else. lol.

So it is going to be Friday the 13th tomorrow. I think if you go into the day thinking that unlucky things are going to happen, anything unlucky that does happen will be blamed on the day. But it's usually stuff that happens everyday , Like I remember once when I was little I was sewing and I kept dropping my pens on the carpet and having to pick them up. I blamed Friday the 13th until someone reminded me that i was clumsy and I would have dropped them anyway.My sister was married (her second marriage) on a Friday the 13th- It was in February and the church was booked up for Valentine's Day the next day. While we were about to go out she asked me, worried, "Do you think it's a bad sign getting married on Friday the 13th?" and I told her that there was no way it could be as bad as her first marriage. :blink: I think this year will be their 8th anniversary and things are still fine.

13th Friday, black cat, passing under a ladder, breaking a mirror etc...These are all... stupid :)Probably some of them made up to scare kids, then people started to take them serius. People in past didnt have much for entartainment so they came up with many weird things ;)By the way, you know... Friday is holy day for Muslims :)