xisto Community
MechVegita

I Hate Noobs

I think the term "n00b" is used to describe those individuals who are new to a forum that immediately cause trouble and spam and whatnot. A "newb" or "newbie" is someone who is new to something. That's the difference. But anyways, yes. At one point, we were all "newb" or "newbie". In everything w e have ever done, we've had to start from somewhere. We've had to overcome pitfalls, had to stay strong through failures, and whatnot. There's nothing wrong with being a "newb". It's good to learn new things and to learn through experience and mistakes. On the other hand, being a "n00b" is not a path someone wants to take, especially in real life. And that's my two cents...take it for what it's worth. :P

i understand that if you dont ask the question you wont get the answer but why do they ask it and not search the forum like other people do? (only in forums for this ) If the question hasnt been answered in another thread then it's ok

Lol if a noob asks me for help sure i would... but all i wanted to say is that there are pretty annoing noobs that when they see ur better than them get mad jelous and start swearing at you and any other loads of *BLEEP*.. just tell me that u find noobs like that entertaining and i will shut up forever.. Speaking of noobs im a noob with using mySQL and PHP but Xisto makes it easier to use it and the admins support you too... so 10x for everythin :P

I think I've already posted something here.. but for a person to actually call another equal a n00b is really pathetic... I mean calling another a n00b means one is a n00b aswell for calling some one that.You don't label people just because the are n00bs (newbies) and you don't label yourself *133t* I mean who in the world made up these words.

well i am a noob in lots of areas, and more advanced in others, and i bet we all have some spot where we fall into that category. what i do think is irritating, is when a newbie thinks they know what they're talking about. it's one thing if you know nothing & are asking for help, but to try to impress ppl on a subject you know nothing about is what gets 2 me.

i understand that if you dont ask the question you wont get the answer but why do they ask it and not search the forum like other people do?

Some do, but ... You may never know the answer if you don't ask the question states that it only may be necessary to ask the question in order to find the answer.

Only some noobs ask the same questions, it's the ones who don't whom you never notice because they're not doing anything which will have a permanent effect on the forums / place. Some points here are sterotyping noobs into bad people.

Just trying to display my points in a friendly manner :P

yep, thats what we all are trying to do, apart from some people who just think they're better than evryone else no matter what, I really hate those sort of people who just make other people feel bad and are so full of themselves and I think they're actually full of ****. (Just trying to be polite). I know exactly how if feels to get treated like that, actually quite a lot of newbies do...and I know how they feel, so I try to be nice as I can, some actually are quite cool when you actually get to know them :P

I don't hate newbs either. Why would I? I am also a newb since I joined just under three months ago. It doesn't mean anyone is stupid or anything like that just because they are new. That's just plain ignorance to think or assume something like that. On another forum I used to go to, "n00b" was actually in reference to new users that spammed consistently, users that got angry and vulgar when they didn't get the "answers they wanted", or users that just outright ignored answers to a question but then asked the same question again a few hours later. Now that is annoying. I don't care if they ask a question that was asked many times before a long time ago, it's when they ask a question but ignore the answers and then ask the question again a few hours or a few days later. That's just pure ignorance and is quite childish. The problem with some older users in many forums is that they instantly assume that someone who is new to the forum is a childish, ignorant doorknob who can't think for his/herself.

Well, yes, noobs are rather annoying on msn, they never shut up.. And then they start using ALL the smileys when ever they can, it's even worse now, they nudge me all the time, and the noobs with plus send me audio clips.. :/ But, meh, everyone's a noob at something.

let me just suggest that the term "n00b" is relative...you can say that you don't like n00bs, but how do you know that someone else doesn't think of you as a n00b as well? :P

Newbie's come in all shapes and forms. I try to be patient with newbies. Many forums and such have frequently asked questions for that very reason. I have one forum that I hung out on alot that I started a faq and everytime a frequent question came up we would add to it. That way when a person asked we would say the answer to that question is in the FAQ and probably on this page. It helped some people but you sometimes would get an occational dork or meanie who just came to the forum to cause trouble. Then they are for the moderator to deal with. If you don't want to deal with newbies then don't. There are plenty of people on this forum who are willing to take care of the newbies and steer them in the right direction. :P

*sigh* Okie... sometimes noobs are easy to hate, only because they don't really know how to post in forums. Or chat. But, just give them time and they'll learn the proper way. Theres no reason to hate a begniner ^__^ Unless they spam... but all you gotta do it tell them to stop ^__^. Yes, it will get annoying if they keep on spamming.... but think of it this way... they'll get banned eventually XD haha

I LOVE noobs; so shapely and pert...

n00bs?!

I Hate Noobs

N00bs are the only people who exist. If you are not a n00b you are not real. Only n00bs can understand the created order of n00bs and their total reality...Of n00bs. The government exists by n00bs, for n00bs, and of n00bs. N00bs will be the only thing left after the destruction of the non-n00bs.

N00bs.

-reply by Jarvis

hahahahahahaI Hate Noobs

haha haha hahahahha... Lol I looked this up on the internet to see if anyone was actually stupid enough to complain about some stupid game... Looks like they do exist!! anyway, the real nobody's are the ones who are actually seriously commenting on this retarded forum. 

-reply by youguysuck