xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
googlue

Best Content management system? PHP Nuke, Post Nuke, mambo....????

From my experience I have to say Drupal is the best!!I started off in Joomla! because it's very easy to use and back in the day..almost all of its extensions were available free of charge so it was just a breeze using it at 16 years old. I understood it easily. fast forward a few years later...its no longer as rosy and easy to use. I guess it depends in your web development/design skill now but getting it to work for you is a process since most of the addons are now being sold :(Compare with Drupal..haha. its learning curve is a bit steep but once you understand it and can do just the basic stuff, you'll be hooked. it's what an open source platform should be..most of its addons are free and it's so scalable. Check it out mate. But if your knowledge is limited and you want a quick fix to your problems...joomla! might be the thing for you.I know nothing about Wordpress atm but i'm told it's not as good as Drupal or Joomla!

I know nothing about Wordpress atm but i'm told it's not as good as Drupal or Joomla!

Yeah right. Thats why many newbies are switching to wordpress after using it and comparing it with joomla and wordpress. You know how many membership and private content sites are using wordpress. Not just that, even many commercial content sites with transaction pages are using wordpress. I doubt about the sources who said wordpress is not good enough like drupal or joomla. I ask you what you find in joomla and drupa that is not available in wordpress ? what are those modules or add-ons ?
I'm sure your limited exposure to wordpress makes you say this.

Joomla is the best for content management system. If you are familiar with the Joomla then you can do more faster.Joomla manages content according to his own way. So better way to manage content with Joomla start becoming familiar with Joomla. Joomla it is an easy and open source content management system for online data.

Wordpress works best for people who don't like to spend too much time over learning how to handle the CMS. Joomla and the likes have got a huge learning curve and this makes them an unattractive option for some. Wordpress is simple but some people underestimate it to be too simple. With the proper modifications, Wordpress, Joomla, PhpNuke can produce almost identical sites, but of course that depends on how they are used.

Wordpress works best for people who don't like to spend too much time over learning how to handle the CMS. Joomla and the likes have got a huge learning curve and this makes them an unattractive option for some. Wordpress is simple but some people underestimate it to be too simple. With the proper modifications, Wordpress, Joomla, PhpNuke can produce almost identical sites, but of course that depends on how they are used.

And thats EXACTLY what they get at a OpenCMS Convention as a Project by Joomla, Wordpress, PHPNuke and everyother major CMS/Blog system developers. They were to told to create a website with a given niche and they were given a week. After a week, when they compared everything, Joomla's Website was able to handle the best designer and had more modifications and cool things than Wordpress or any other. Joomla can be modified into ANYTHING, thats why its the most powerful and it has even won awards for it, the only kinds of awards the Wordpress is FAMOUS for is the set up time and simplicity.

I personally like WordPress for the above reasons, for people like me, Joomla is only good when you order a theme or buy it, other than that -- making your own Theme is too complicated. That's why i prefer to stick with WordPress, for NOW :)

And thats EXACTLY what they get at a OpenCMS Convention as a Project by Joomla, Wordpress, PHPNuke and everyother major CMS/Blog system developers. They were to told to create a website with a given niche and they were given a week. After a week, when they compared everything, Joomla's Website was able to handle the best designer and had more modifications and cool things than Wordpress or any other. Joomla can be modified into ANYTHING, thats why its the most powerful and it has even won awards for it, the only kinds of awards the Wordpress is FAMOUS for is the set up time and simplicity.
I personally like WordPress for the above reasons, for people like me, Joomla is only good when you order a theme or buy it, other than that -- making your own Theme is too complicated. That's why i prefer to stick with WordPress, for NOW :)

I'll agree with you about good Joomla templates being hard to find. Unless you get a premium template, there are very few free ones that are very appealing and offer a lot of modifications. In this case Wordpress wins, as it's got a lot of good-looking themes for free. But trying to bring a Wordpress site out of the "blog" look could take some time.

I remember when I first heard about a CMS, the only name everyone was talking about was actually PHPNuke, but nowadays it's all about Joomla!

actually i think the best cms is just wordpress because it's very light weighted and very easy to use with many , many plugins which makes it the best cms. but currently i'm using joomla in two of my websites and wordpress in one of them. i'm using joomla because i have used it for many years so working with it is just easier for me than wordpress but i think wordpress is the most used cms now and number of plugins and gadgets are just getting higher every day.another cms wich i use as a alternative to joomla is drupal which is not as great as joomla but it's good if you have problem with joomla.

actually i think the best cms is just wordpress because it's very light weighted and very easy to use with many , many plugins which makes it the best cms. but currently i'm using joomla in two of my websites and wordpress in one of them. i'm using joomla because i have used it for many years so working with it is just easier for me than wordpress but i think wordpress is the most used cms now and number of plugins and gadgets are just getting higher every day.
another cms wich i use as a alternative to joomla is drupal which is not as great as joomla but it's good if you have problem with joomla.

If we try to see as lightweight then wordpress may not be the first or even close to lightweight. There is thread by another user on CMS where he listed some lightweight flat file CMS which are much better than wordpress. But learning curve and database dependency is what makes wordpress a better CMS than any other so-called hyped CMS (joomla and drupal).

If we try to see as lightweight then wordpress may not be the first or even close to lightweight. There is thread by another user on CMS where he listed some lightweight flat file CMS which are much better than wordpress. But learning curve and database dependency is what makes wordpress a better CMS than any other so-called hyped CMS (joomla and drupal).

yes i know i was saying in comparison of joomla and drupal. a cms should have many plugins which isn't available in very light weighted ones like "Get Simple" so if someone wants to change and add some features to his website he can't do much if he is using one of the none popular lighweighted ones.

There is no solid answer to this question.. It all depends on what kind of website your're building. Though for most small business/websites I'd recommend Wordpress and Drupal for larger sites.They're both great content management systems and yeah..Built for different purposes so