xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
toilet95

Anime Or Manga which one is better

which one is better anime or manga  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have to agree with ShetenshiSenshi and St. Michael on this one, I prefer anime. I've seen manga but I don't really have the time to go buy it. Besides, most anime's free and can present the same stuff in manga with more multimedia.

What is the difference? They're both cartoons right?

Anime- Better graphics than the original Manga. Made to be more comical and interesting.Manga- Some strange drawings at times. You'd understand more storylines. You could see the original story and the author's thoughts.I'd go with Manga. I have some Japanese Manga here. I use it to study my Japanese. Plus, in Manga, you'd see those times when the Anime strays far from the original storyline. You see, I'm a big fan of originalism (I'm not sure if there's such a word)If an anime was originally titled Daa! Daa! Daa! (it's true) I'd stick to it. Some people from Italy who translated changed it to UFO Baby. (I was furious)Plus I don't like those Dubbed anime. I'd stick to the original voices. I can't stand people straying from the original. It just might be me, but I believe in this strongly.*hides from alter ego*

Well there is a really fine line you walk between the two. I really like both of them so i guess i will bring it down to the pros and cons.Anime:Pros: Voice Acting - Having voices for the character is always nice, it gives some feeling that that character is real.Music - The must gives the perfect setting, and really engroses you into the show.Animation - Being animated, it explains how the daggar is thrown, or how a sword is turned, so your not left with a blank spot between a sword in the air, and then an arm cut off.Cons: Dialect - Translating from Japanese to english can leave some holes and timing issues. What takes a minute and a half to greet somebody, it has been condencd to a couple of seconds, leaving a dead spot.Story Line- If the manga came first, the Anime doesnt always follow it, so there are sometimes some strong deviations that are really noticiable.Manga: Pros: Story - The stories have to be really indepth, and make you feel like your there, to keep you interested in the story.Art - Well if your going to be reading, there might as well be some preaty pictures for you to look at while your doing so to keep you entertained, right?Cons: Plots - Sometimes the plots leave you wandering what happened, and sometimes if you miss a book or two, your left behind and once again wandering what happened.Animation - the lacking of animation mean just black and white pictures for you to look at, sometimes straining your eyes.I picked Animation...

hmmmmmm i do like anime alot but i would have to say manga i can read them and i don't have to worry about everyone sayin somethin about me watchin it anyways the manga show more of what happends in the anime so ya

Im an Anime person, but I am starting to like like manga because I am practicing rendering comics and anime using Adobe Photoshop CS. So for now no television and anime show, i am busy studying, drawing and redering Mangas. But when I am done doing the rendering I will shift to animation so I will surely be back on loving Anime, because there is nothong more lovely than seeing your Manga drawing come to life through Animation. I will study Macromedia Flash and other 3D programs after learning to render.

It depends on which series you are reading. Like Hikaru no Go. The manga was good, but the anime was ssooooo boring, even though it was based right off the manga. It's more funnier in the manga though. And Ueki no Housoku, the anime is brilliant but the manga was...eh....not that great. So yeah, depends on the series, but in the end, I'd rather watch anime then read manga.

oh my gosh!!! anime all the way! i can't believe anyone would even ask that!!!!!!!! *tear* !!!!! lol nah joking!

hey i kno this isn't the right place to ask this but what does the warn (0%) thing next to my name mean ?

that is SO not the right place to ask that kind of question 0_obut the (0%) is how much percent you have been warned. if you reach your warn percentage to like... 100% then you get banned. (i might have to report you for posting in the wrong topic ....)

If its un-editted(aside from english voices, although subtitles will do) anime then I'd have to go with that, BUT, considering allot of the anime you see on TV is done by 4kids(die plz) or Viz(although they aren't COMPLETELY bad) ect, and they edit out stuff from the manga, anything they find REMOTELY sexual, violent, anything, they take out and add funny cute kiddy .. crap. I'm not saying there isn't a place for that, or that a 5-6 year old kid should see some of the things in the original mangas, but ones like 4kids, will edit any tiny itty bitty thing. As I said I'm not against kiddy shows, but I hate it when people take a good manga, toss it to the americans to make into a looney freakin toons type show and ruin the whole thing(refer to naruto on cartoonetwork).So yeah, overall manga > anime.PS: Don't take that looney toons comment wrong, I grew up with them.

I just started liking Anime a lot, this happened when I saw the trip of Chijiro, which I thought was an awesome movie. I really dont know the difference between anime and manga, but since Ive seen some real good anime movies lately I voted for anime. Does anybody know if Dragonball and Zodiac warriors also count as manga. They are the cartoons I sort of grew up with, which I think are awesome.