xisto Community
iGuest

The So Called "vent"... Yeah, ok.

Ok so as you all know my posts got closed (2 of them mind you) for "bad" language. Or for "taking an issue up with another forums member, without informing an admin first about my problem"....Below is the Pinned:Read First section located at the top of the subforum list, which you see as soon as you enter "The Vent""The Vent is a place for members to have a yell about whatever they want. This forum may contain high-impact explicit language, controversial discussions, and other such content that some members might find offensive and/or disagreeable.Please be aware that anything goes in this forum (within reason), so expect to be offended.If you have an issue with something that another member has posted here and want to take it up with them, then by all means go ahead."What bothers me about this, is that even though I did use the so called "explicit language" it was covered by the bad word filter, and for some reason my post was closed anyways. While I understand the admins are doing there job, and I respect the fact that this is a large site, and it takes a lot of attention...I do not feel it was just.I read the rules, I followed the guidlines, I payed attention, and I re-read everything in my post before submitting....If this is "The Vent", why do I need to conceal myself? :o

Good question - but you've to keep one thing in mind, i.e. this forum is visited by a LOT of young kids and thus using foul language isn't advisable. I understand your point, but still if you think of it as I said, doesn't it strike you that it's for the better to exercise some restraint. If absolutely nothing works out, why don't you try what most ad-flicks do.. e.g. What the <beep> is wrong with you, you <beep>. :D lol.. think about it !!

Besides as of now, the Vent's description reads as:

Vent out all your agression, and have a rant about what's bugging you. The same rules go here as for the rest of the board, do not use language that has to be bleeped out. The TOS is part of this forum also and I do not tolerate bigot remarks or plain stupidity, nor will I accept "prosecution" in venting.

So there :o

I think closing the vent is the thing to do.

I don't feel like arguing with you and I definitely don't feel like reading some of the idiotic posts that are "Vented" here.

I don't understand why you can't let this thing fall, if you think that arguing makes your actions any better you are wrong. Right now you are acting like a 4 year old laying on the floor kicking their feet screaming because they can't have what they see.

Yes, I closed the first post because it was useless and the language was not to "MY" liking. I closed the second post because I told you in the warning to contact me using PM so we could let cool you down a little.

I explained to you in the PM why I did what I did and unless you have an IQ the same size as your shoe size you would have understod that this was a closed topic.

So the vent is closed, I'm leaving it open to answer any treads already created. When I feel like it I will close that ability also.

NIls

Sounds good Nils. Venting should let off a little steam, but we don't want to offend potential new members. We are a webhost, after all, and frankly, that comes first.Sorry Skooter. Guess you'll just have to scream out a window or something. :o

You can explain your anger or whatever without profanity. It is not needed.Even if you are very angry there is no need to swear to prove you are really angry at something. Even though I do swear a lot, I still try to cut it down. You could at least replace it with words that mean the same.

AAAAAAAAAARGH!!! errr ok joking...

I don't want to oppose the admins on this but I once posted a topic in the vent n wich there was some swearingPosted Image... But those words were censored by BLEEP right?

Becca is right though about venting your issues without swearing and screaming out the window can be fun too, especially when your neighbours are outside :o

Anyway it's too bad the Vent is closed, was a fun posting in here :D

Peace

AAAAAAAAAARGH!!! errr ok joking...

I don't want to oppose the admins on this but I once posted a topic in the vent n wich there was some swearingPosted Image... But those words were censored by BLEEP right?

Becca is right though about venting your issues without swearing and screaming out the window can be fun too, especially when your neighbours are outside :P

Anyway it's too bad the Vent is closed, was a fun posting in here :D

Peace

129928[/snapback]

Hmm... closing the Vent, huh? Hopefully the new message for it shows what is clearly not accepted in it now. Some of the most interesting topics are most easily found in the Vent, but, no great loss, I figure they'll just be put in General Talk now when they'd have instead have been put in the Vent.

no big loss here, i think the vent was more of pain then beneficial to the members, mostly the vent was used to bash mods and the admin anyways.

I originally started 'The Vent' to give members a place to yell about things, and I did state in the warning for this particular subforum that explicit language may be encountered - i.e. young members or anyone offended by such content, stay out. However, I do not and never have encouraged the use of profanity, and in my honest opinion, it makes the user look immature and foolish.

The idea was that The Vent would perhaps stop the number of agressive posts made in other forums - whether or not it ended up working against Xisto I don't know. I'm obviously not a part of the 'staff' here anymore, so it doesn't really matter what I think, but I don't feel that members should be punished for doing what they are lead to believe they can do. So perhaps my original 'warning'/'rules' thread should be removed.

When I feel like it I will close that ability also.

Control issues, my friend? :)

close the vent? a http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ loved reading the things in here and venting myself...it can be a good thing so people can get things off they're chest but peole do need to follow the guidelines, and cursing just isnt good anyway

AbstracT, the vent is open. Feel free to let out what's annoying you (within reason).

Spectre, agree with you 100% there. Instead of removing the thread, how about rewriting it (taking out the content that is now void). * Edits *

Okay, the rules are written. I have a back-up copy of the old bbcoding on my hard drive if anyone wants it restored.

NEW VENT RULES

Edited post, see reason in post 14.

Edited by cmatcmextra (see edit history)

I would appreciate it if you would remove or unstick the thread I originated and post your version as a new one. Regardless of whether or not I agree or disagree with what you may be saying, it isn't me saying it, and I would rather it not be represented in such a way.

Thanks.