xisto Community
iGuest

Taiwan belongs to China

Erdemir, by your logic Kurds in Turkey should have the right to declare independence as well as South Osetia and Abhasia. Let's not forget that Mexicans will one day outnumber Americans in Califirnia and Texas. Should they be allowed to declare independence from USA then?

Kurds are not crowded in anywhere in Turkey. They are in every cities not in a few cities. So they are not more than 50% percent each city.And what is this? The situation about Kurds in Turkey and Turkestan in China is different. In 1950s the Chinese leader Mao (when China was at communism), increased pressure over non-Chinese, killed lots of people like Russian Stalin and Lenin or like Adolf Hitler. But Kurds in Turkey has no pressure from anywhere, even Turkey saved them by letting them inside its borders when the Iraq leader Saddam Hussain was killing Kurds. Turkey saved them, isn't this different from Turkestan or Taiwan?

Edited by Erdemir (see edit history)

It's not different. From the legal stand point what happened 50 or 10 years ago doesn't matter here. Either you allow all minority peoples to declare their independence from their states in the regions where they are the majority, or you don't allow any. I don't want to go into what Turkey did for or against Kurds because I don't know the history of the region and you are biased, being Turk, but objectively I don't need to know. Law should be universal and all minorities in all countries in the world should hold same rights. As for repression there was repression all over the world, not just in USSR and China. There was repression against communists in USA, there was repression in India, South Africa and there was repression in Yugoslavia, though it wasn't a puppet state of either USA or USSR during cold war, so repression doesn't bring any additional rights to any ethnic group. And very few, if any, countries' politicians never repressed their critics and political opponents, so no country has higher moral authority based on that alone. Btw Stalin wasn't Russian, he was Georgian

Using that logic, thats just like saying that the United States of America is a "part" of Great Britain, although not all of the USA was under British control back in the 1800s. Also, should some asian countries be part of one another? considering World War I and World War II back in the early 90s.

Using that logic, thats just like saying that the United States of America is a "part" of Great Britain, although not all of the USA was under British control back in the 1800s. Also, should some asian countries be part of one another? considering World War I and World War II back in the early 90s.

I'm not sure I understand. Who are you replying to?

Btw Stalin wasn't Russian, he was Georgian

I didn't know that Stalin was Georgian. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_StalinWhatever he worked for Russians.

Repression, yes, this is in almost every country. Some countries do that aganist etnic groups, but some other countries has no need to do that because of the etnic groups feel the country which they are living as their own country.

Erdemir, have you ever been to China? Do you know much about the whole history of China?After reading your post, I think you don't."East Turkestan (in China) speaking Turkish and their culture is too different from Chinese people"?I don't know what you are talking about.There isn't an "East Turkestan" here in China."China is forcing them like the others to act as Chinese"? What a joke.I don't know how to act like a "Chinese".China have 31 provinces,1.3 billion population,almost 10,000,000 square kms' land, and 56 nations' people around the whole country.So how do you judge a person living in China whether he/she is Chinese or not? Many nations among the total 56 ones in China have their own languages and people in different provinces have totally different local accents and very different living styles and customs.We are a large country, always, from thousands years ago. In this world,some countries have only one nation, like Korea,some have many nations,like the USA, India, and China.So maybe some people living in some country in this world find it hard to understand the situation of muti-nation countries.But all Chinese people have been used being living with many nations together since many centuries ago.China has always been proud of having so many different nations uniting together and living happilly as a huge family.For every single one in China,we are pround of our own nation's culture and language, we are also pround of the other nations' culture and languages, because we are sisters and brothers, we are all Chinese, we are family,we love each other.People love their home country. If you don't want to see your own country in trouble, you should know, the other people don't want to see this happen to them either.

Erdemir, have you ever been to China? Do you know much about the whole history of China?

After reading your post, I think you don't.

I haven't been in China before, yes. But I know Middle Asia history from B.C. 200-300 Hiung-Nu Empire.

"East Turkestan (in China) speaking Turkish and their culture is too different from Chinese people"?

I don't know what you are talking about.There isn't an "East Turkestan" here in China.

You are saying there is no Uyghur, Uyghuristan? No East Turkestan? Let me show you a map. Wikipedia says there is. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Turkestan

Posted Image

What is this? Seems that you don't know your own country China!

"China is forcing them like the others to act as Chinese"? What a joke.I don't know how to act like a "Chinese".
I don't know if they are still forcing. But before, they were forcing!

We are a large country, always, from thousands years ago.
Of course, even Huns didn't overrun and the Mongols didn't overrun, either. And the Japanese didn't captured there in World War II , either. You are right.

China has always been proud of having so many different nations uniting together and living happilly as a huge family.For every single one in China,we are pround of our own nation's culture and language, we are also pround of the other nations' culture and languages, because we are sisters and brothers, we are all Chinese, we are family,we love each other.

If this is true, I must apologize from Chinese.

If you don't want to see your own country in trouble, you should know, the other people don't want to see this happen to them either.
What is this? A threat? :)

1 Since you have never been here in China, so, maybe your information is kind of mistake or not so updated.You said you know Middle Asia history from B.C. 200-300 Hiung-Nu Empire,well I also know Hiung-Nu, an very ancient ethnic group who had been active in the northern part of China about 2,000 years ago.

2 Yes, there is no East Turkestan in China, now.Now, in the area which is shown in the map above in your post, in the part within China,it is XinJiang, a provincial region of People's Republic of China.

East Turkestan, according to the wikimedia and some other resources, is not and has never been a solid exist,some people use it as an term to define some areas of center Asia of a certain historical period. Maybe this method is a little bit similar to the word "asia-pacific",a word with no accurate meaning. So, Xinjuang is not equal to ''East Turkestan''.And we don't have ''East Turkestan'' within our country.XinJiang is part of our family.So it doesn't make any sense to talk about ....stan ....independent...., sure.If a foreigner who don't know much about the situation within China say such kind of things, we think it is a totally joke.

Of course we have Uyghur people.Xinjiang covers a area of 1,600,000 sq kilometers.The population of XinJiang is 20 millions,40% are Uyghur.The Uyghur (also spelled Uighur; Uyghur: ئۇيغۇر; Simplified Chinese: 维吾尔; Traditional Chinese: 维吾尔; pinyin: W?iw?'ěr) are an ethnic group of Central Asia.They are one of China's 56 officially recognized ethnicities, consisting of 8.68 million people.

In China,everyone knows that Uyghur people are good at dancing and singing, as well as some other minority ethnic groups among China's 56 ethnic groups.There are many popular Uyghurian songs in China.In almost every city in China, you can find restaurants owned by Uyghur bosses, I also like their food very much.In my opinion, most Chinese people like our Uyghur brothers and sisters, we are getting along very well.

3 You said ''they were forcing'', I don't know what you mean, could you say something more certain? Who are '' they''?How and when did "they" forcing?

4 Huns are ancient ethnic groups, many centuries ago.They don't exist now. As to Mongols, this ethnic group had been strong several hundreds years ago,today we have many Mongol ethnic people in our country, the same as other ethnic groups within China,they are citizen of People's Republic of China, they are Chinese.Japnese, is another country, invaded China during World War II, but finally they were defeat.

5 It is true. Minority ethnic people now in China have more rights than the majority Han ethnic people.It is the country's policy, to protect the minority and maintain the steady and peace of the society.And people have been used accepting this policy for many years.People from different ethnic groups are getting along well nowadays.

6 "If you don't want to see your own country in trouble, you should know, the other people don't want to see this happen to them either." I said this, of course not a threat. I was telling you, we Chinese people love our country, love every ethinic groups in our big family, no matter what languages they speak, how may people they have.We don't wanna see our country split.We also wish the world peace, wish every country peace and hamony, including your country, Turkey.:)

4 Huns are ancient ethnic groups, many centuries ago.They don't exist now.

What do you mean by "they don't not exist now"? :PI exist.

Hun = Turk

The first Turkish empire is Hiung-Nu. The second is Europe Hiung-Nu the third is Gokturk, etc.... (Hundreds of empires)

We came from middle Asia nearly 1500~2000 years ago. So Hun people are still exist.

2 Yes, there is no East Turkestan in China, now.Now, in the area which is shown in the map above in your post, in the part within China,it is XinJiang, a provincial region of People's Republic of China.

Of course, in your country you never call there as East Turkestan. But historically we call there as Turkistan. Here no attack to Chinese union.

------

Thanks for your good wishes, I am also sending my good wishes.

//Edit:

in the part within China,it is XinJiang, a provincial region of People's Republic of China.

East Turkestan's name has renamed to Sincan(Xinjiang) after 1940s to increase the speed of assimilation of Uyghur Turks. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xinjiang

Edited by Erdemir (see edit history)

well i'm also chinese. from what i have heard, taiwan is a rouge region of china. One country can declare independence it it really wants it to. it just depends on other countries if they will accept and uphold it.and now the emerging china is somewhat intimidating to the west. so let's just see what happenshave heard that taiwan's president wants a deal with china is this true? ( like in hongkong, one country, two states thing?)but on my opinion, taiwan belongs to china but china have made mistakes in the past like abandoning the effort to push the civil war to taiwan making it a little bit blur today

East Turkestan's name has renamed to Sincan(Xinjiang) after 1940s to increase the speed of assimilation of Uyghur Turks. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xinjiang

Well,I think the name of "Xinjiang" has a much longer history. :P

"Xinjiang", literally means "New Frontier", a name given during the Manchu Qing Dynasty in China.

1000 years ago, the area of today's Xinjiang was called XiYu(means "western area") in China.

In Qing Dynasty(from 1644 to 1912) in China,at first,the north of toady's Xinjiang was called Hui and the southern part was called Zhun,and the whole Xinjiang was called Huijiang, also called Xinjiang at that time(not officially).

In 1758 Qing Dynasty put the whole region under the rule of a General of Ili (Chinese: 伊犁将军, Yili Jiangj?n), headquartered at the fort of Huiyuan.

In 1884, Qing Dynasty established Xinjiang ("new frontier") as a province, formally applying onto it the political system of China proper.

In 1912, Qing China was then replaced by the Republic of China in 1912, Xinjiang became a province of the Republic of China.Due to the weakness of the central government of Republic of China,the situation of Xinjiang was very disordered and many countries of imperialism, like Britain,Germany,Russia and Japan was planning to make Xinjiang became their colony or a puppet state(I think that is why East Turkestan's name came out then).In fact, during that period, China was struggling hard to maintain integrity of sovereignty and territory.At that time,Taiwan Province was overrun by Japan, and Hongkong was overrun by Britain, Macau was overrun by Portugal.....

In 1949, the Republic of China(now ruling TaiWan) was replaced by the People's Republic of China(now ruling China except TaiWan Province) after a 4-year civil war.

In 1955,the People's Republic of China established The autonomous region of Xinjiang on October 1, 1955, replacing the province.

Got it?

By the way, it is common that the English information on the website of wikipedia.org is not very correct(depends on who the writer is) when it comes to content of non-English speaking country.To know excact history, you'd better buy some decent history books updated.

Edited by HappyAlex (see edit history)

Taiwan belongs to ChinaNever allow Taiwan to become the independent country
:)
I am chinese.One loves persons of China

Awesome message to start with... I do not think Chinese people go around and do such posting...
If at all you are a Chinese... Please leave Taiwan free.

In all fairness the Taiwanese, truly deserve independent, because they've proven to be a truly hard working and dedicated people, who have managed to function semi-autonomously for a long time.They should be the one to decide their own independence by a referendum, and not the Chinese.However most people dont even know the Chinese have any relationship with the Chinese , because of the way they've function.

Taiwan does not belong to China, because Taiwan fought Japan back then when it took over, and the Japanese people retreate so since then TAiwan had become a independent country!!! Also, why would A country point missiles at itself?