xisto Community
iGuest

Whats the most recent movie you watched?

I had watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Those kids are really grown up now and it is really time to end the series. Good ending but I can't find extraordinary or a "wow" factor. It is a good movie for me but not great.

My most recent movie was Fast Five. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would -- the movie seems to be like a rollercoaster, some are good, some are bad. But with the latest one I was pretty impressed.

Don't laugh at me because that is not a recent movie. I watched The Book of Eli.Without telling you the story that movie made me feel thankful for every drop of water and every piece of bread I enjoy in my life.Although the message is so religious but it's not imposed on the movie.

Edited by mamer (see edit history)

well the most recent film I have watched and am still in the middle of is called sex drive its good and I think I have already watched it

but that is not going to stop me watching it again.

Star wars, the whole first trilogy!! this morning!!hehehe:shock:

I watched all six movies from the Star Wars series last month, and it seems to make more sense to me when I watch all six of them in order. The last time, I watched them in the order in which they were released and with several months to a few years between episodes, so I never could really figure out what the story backdrop was, though I was familiar with the characters from the previous films that I had watched.
BTW, I think there are some spinoffs of the Star Wars series too, or at least I remember reading about them. Some of the characters got to have their own movie, just like Wolverine got to have his movie as a spinoff from the X-Men series. Among the more popular spinoffs among television series is the Angel series that branched off from Buffy The Vampire slayer. A lot of people who I got to watch Buffy were totally freaked out after watching the first episode and decided that they were not going to watch it any more - apparently, it gave them nightmares, and we didn't even watch it on a large screen home theatre with surround sound... all we had was a portable DVD player and a DVD pack that somebody thought would make a great present (which it did, considering that Buffy was all the rage back then).

I watched "VHS2" which is series of found footage movie. It has some of the interesting movies in it. I didn't get the way things are being portrayed there but surely the movie is not bad. I just didn't understood the way movie was made yet it was interesting enough for me.

I am watching a lot of horror and scifi lately. I hope to see few more soon. :)

The last popular film that I watched is The Internship. It is about two salesmen who lose their jobs because the firm that they work for shuts down. Interestingly enough, they work for a wrist watch manufacturer (or is it a dealership) and because of the popularity of smart phones, everybody just looks up the time in a smart phone instead of strapping on a watch to their wrists. Anyway, so after trying their luck at a couple of odd jobs that pay peanuts, they finally decide to enroll at a university and apply as college students for an internship at Google. Now, Google looks at getting the best of the candidates on board and these two were the worst possible choices. However, one person on the internship committee says that Google is all about diversity so why wouldn't they take a chance by getting these two on board as interns. These two sales folk were ridiculed, mocked, and belittled, but they remained determined, brought the team spirit into their team, and managed to land full-time roles at Google. In the film, you get to see parts of the Google office, and although Google did not agree to all of the views in the film, they decided to play along anyway and that's how The Internship came about.

I actually watch part of a movie last night just before bed. It was Steven King's Rose Red. The movie is about three and a half, four hours long and had to be put on two DVD's (hence why I only watched part of it). It's a good movie. If you've not seen it, I recommend you do so.

I watched Elysium last night. While the storyline seemed pretty much what one would expect, the visual effects and the portrayal of future technologies is what were the positives of the film. Androids, exoskeletons, plasma rifles, flying space ships, and technomagical healing devices are within the vision of the future that the producers and directors of the film had.