xisto Community
iGuest

what is your religion?

Not too many buddhists around are there. I don't really consider it to be a religion myself, it is a way of life. There is no god or something to live up to, it is a way to create your own thruth, you can fill it in yourself, to the extend you feel comfortable with.

i didnt claim to be (in fact, i very much am not, and even working on an essay about why, but that will be a later post)and i also notice you didnt respond to the points in Leviticus 11:20-21 and Leviticus 11:5-6

I think Welbis already provided convincing arguments concerning those two points earlier

Everythign in teh Bible is true. Almost everytime someone has gone to try to prove it wrone, they have found out it is true.

Some birds have four feet Leviticus 11:20-21The bible says that hares and conies are unclean because they chew the cud but do not part the hoof. Leviticus 11:5-6 But hares and coneys are not ruminants and they do not chew the cud.

im not sure, ill look it up.
those are old testement quotes, plus im only 17 years old, so dont expect me two answer all of your questions.
gime some "stumpers", and ill pass the off to my pastor to see if he can answer them. :lol:

Everythign in teh Bible is true. Almost everytime someone has gone to try to prove it wrone, they have found out it is true.

Some birds have four feet Leviticus 11:20-21The bible says that hares and conies are unclean because they chew the cud but do not part the hoof. Leviticus 11:5-6 But hares and coneys are not ruminants and they do not chew the cud.

im not sure, ill look it up.
those are old testement quotes, plus im only 17 years old, so dont expect me two answer all of your questions.
gime some "stumpers", and ill pass the off to my pastor to see if he can answer them. :lol:

I think i provided a convincing answer to hares chewing the cud.

weakly, but i'll let that pass. esp. since there is no posted answer about micah's children, or lack of. also, for my personal views, seehttp://forums.xisto.com/

for the majority I wasnt 'proving' the situation, merely illustrating a possibility where by the bible could be true.

Contradictions come in the form of 'a' = 'b' and, 'a' /= 'b'.

I.E. That i provided instances where things could be true, debunks the theory of absolute contradcition with respect to those instances.

The only point that i argued scientifically was the hares chewing the cud - that is quite simply just not an argument against the bible for the reasons i already posted. Hares do 'chew the cud' in the context of how 'chewing the cud' was defined at the time of writing.

this is not to my usual style, but if you want a contradiction

Therefore Michal, the daughter of Saul, had no child unto the day
    of her death.
    - II Samuel 6:23

The five sons of Michal, the daughter of Saul.
    - II Samuel 21:8

and i will again point outthis one (of many) contradiction

I'll look them up.Rejoice said something about the chronology but ill ask my vicar.^obviously i dont know everything! - would that i did, but i dont doubt that there is an explanation, because in my experience, ive seen countless 'contradictions' that once read in depth just wernt there.

since you are going to be asking your vicar anyway,.... here's 2 passages to mention as well

Acts 1:16-1916 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus. 17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry. 18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out. 19 And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

Matt 27:3-83 Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, 4 Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that. 5 And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself. 6 And the chief priests took the silver pieces, and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood. 7 And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in. 8 Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this day.

and ask the following questions:
1) What did Judas do with the 30 silver pieces?
2) Who bought the potters field?
3) How did judas die?
4) Why is the field called the "field of blood"?

I am Zoroastrian. It's an ancient religion from Persia.for more information visit or Google search it!

Notice from saint-michael:
url removed on request.

i have my own faith. its the faith of [no name yet]this faith is about believing in yourself and what you see and about making the world better by keping to increasing your knowledge and stopping fights and trieing to be perfect

This may sound weird, but I just found out I was Jewish. My mom has kept my from my biological dad, whose jewish, all my life. So I got some time and went out to LA and met him, and I was born Jewish. Out of the list, I picked agnostic, because I believe in religion, but I don't think anyone has gotten it right. I think that there is a god, and some kind of :evil: , but not like it has been written to this point. I think that people are touched by god everyday, but it's how they use it that matters. I think Jesus was touched by god, and others like Moses, but also people like Hitler, who did things almost super-human, he just decided to use what he had negatively. I'm sure I'm gonna get ranked on for the Hitler thing, but thats what I believe.

i choose Christian - through individual choice I'm also thru birth, and i'd rather not explain, long story :) people have to have somthing to bealive in, otherwise Humans would get depressed without something to bealive in (i know i was there)

i have my own faith. its the faith of [no name yet]this faith is about believing in yourself and what you see and about making the world better by keping to increasing your knowledge and stopping fights and trieing to be perfect

you just explained what a Christian - Baptis is :)

I choose not to belive in religion. Science overpowers religion in every way.Take Adam and Eve for example... There is strong evidence humans evolved from primeapes (sp?), yet religion states Adam and Eve were the "first normal, modern, human beings."That is the main reason I choose not to belive. I have a few more reasons but this topic is a HUGE firefight starter, so I will not list them. Your life is your path.//By posting this I am not bashing anyone. Your religion is entirely up to you and I respect whatever you choose. I do not look at religion before creating friendship or any form of communication. Please do not bash me either. Thank you