xisto Community
iGuest

what is your religion?

There is one thing that nobody wants to know about:We cannot ever reliably prove anything metaphysical, and murphy's law screws us over when it comes to phisics.Think this way. There is no infinity, a kaleidoscope can only make so-and-so amount because it can only have so-and-so atomic-level arrangements. The universe cannot be proven to be infinate because noone has even been to alpha centuri.EDIT: Hey! I'm the first on the fourth page :)Or am I? lol :)

lol yeah you are :)... and yeah, the concept of infinity is impossible to get your head around...the only way you can get close is if you make assumptions....but we arnt in a position to make assumptions...cos we simply cant know.That we exist suggests that somewhere along the line something came from nothing....which 'doesnt make sense' ...but has to...somehow.So... if whatever made us is actually infinite...then infinity could exist....technically.Its very hard for us to imagine a world without walls... everything we know, see, touch, think... is contained within something, and has its boundaries set. We observe things by their boundaries... on a deeper level, and recognise things by the space they occupy..whether that be logic patterns or physical orientation. And yet, whether you believe in science, or religion...you will come to a set of beliefs that counter this - that somewhere along the line, we were made from nothing. Indeed, as i said above ...the simple idea that we exist at all should completely upset our logic.How then can we ever 'prove' the concept of infinity scientifically...How then can we ever 'prove' anything at all. All we have our theories, and our own individual perceptions give rise to our beliefs. Someones perception could be correct...theres no reason why if one is wrong all have to be wrong. Everyone believes their own perception is the truth - even someone who says all perceptions are false.My life experience has given me cause to believe in Christianity, and since i believe it, i have to believe it is the 'correct perception', and is open to anyone who wants it - theres nothing wrong with that since everyone who believes anything believes they are right. ^deep huh!

In a world where you can't proof anything, you have to think that the most likely possibility is the truth, unless proven otherwise.If you find a fossile, you can conclude, that it was an animal, that lived like a million years ago and that there is evolution. Or you can think the devil made it, to let us think there was evolution.
To me, the second one sounds the same as blaming the devil that you got a fine for driving too fast; he just pushed a little bit on your foot.
That's why I choose the first one, which I think has the most chance to be the right one.
If you believe in god, can you please tell me why he invented the mosquitos? Their only purpose is to suck blood out of our bodies!
And what do you think of the story of the arch of Noah? Let's compare. A scientist who doesn't like what he created and just drawns all his creatures (except 2).
And how, btw, did they populate the whole world? I smell some incest.  :)

well first, If I find a fossil, I conclude it was an animal that lived many years ago, how long, I cannot say. as for your argument that either theres evolution or the devil tricking us, I believe neither since I don't believe in the devil as a supernatural being. And I cannot explain everything since I was not told why mosquitos were created, but they do add to the food chain and are food for many other animals. And as for God being a scientist who drowned all his creations except for two, that logic is flawed because in Genesis 7:2 we read "You shall take with you seven of every clean animal, a male and his female, two each of animals that are unclean, a male and his female..." so not every species was limited to two, and God never "did not liks his creation" because God loves us, he caused the flood because the people of the earth were rebellious and sinful, he told them to repent and they would not so he made a fresh start with a righteous man and his family. and in any theory I have heard about how the world came to be, the population always started off small, involving siblings to marry to reproduce. About infinite and such, it is beyond our finite minds to comprehend it, because our lives start with a beginning and end, and nothing is infinite, everything is defined and has some limit, and so it is impossible for us to grasp the idea of an infinite universe and such.

Isn't that basicly: 'He was sick of things not doing what they were supposed to and just picked up a few animals and chucked the rest down the toilet (metaphorically)' rejoice?

That's a good one Netdroid9!And I thought we had a free will in this world according to your theories, rejoice. How can you rhyme this with god crushing us? Let's hope he doesn't do this again. I don't like to swim. :)

lol...But think about anything long enough and you'll go insane at the amount of assumptions you make.How do I know this isn't the matrix? WHAT DO YOU MEAN THIS ISN'T THE MATRIX!?!?!?!?!SH*T! I've jacked into the wrong thing again :)

I am a born-Christian(third generation), who holds onto the same faith by choice and faith in Christ Jesus the Lord.To make it simple, I'm a born-again Christian having Evangelical Background. Like many of my fellow Christians I'm jealous for His Kingdom. 8) "Without God life is incomplete".............

Is it not a sin to say "Without God life is incomplete"? I think it's in the book. I'm not calling it holy until someone creates some valid tool to create a scientific analisis of holyness.

Religion is always a difficult theme.However: I'll choose strong Atheist.Because no one could changed my thinking until now (although they didn't stoped talking)Any religion is okay if you don't hurt anybody.

Bondings its called faith, lol how do we know your not a *BLEEP* sucking *BLEEP*? you cant say that you not becuase what if your are! I mean thats what your saying and i bet that was in an insultt o you so.. you gotta be respecftful to other peoples beliefs. And i mean you cant beleive evertyhing, that is 100% true, im catholic and i know that just about eveyrthing in the catholic bible isnt true, (there is a name for the types ofs torys in the bible i forgot the name but i know that it means like teaHCING A LEASON OR SOMETHING). All the stories in the bible were made up and wee only made up to be taught lessons. beucasse if someone really believed that adam and eve were the firs people on earth and if they didnt eat the apple we would live forer and neevr sin omfg you better goto like some *BLEEP*in big time person to explain EVEYRTHING.

Bondings its called faith, lol how do we know your not a *BLEEP* sucking *BLEEP*? you cant say that you not becuase what if your are! I mean thats what your saying and i bet that was in an insultt o you so.. you gotta be respecftful to other peoples beliefs. And i mean you cant beleive evertyhing, that is 100% true, im catholic and i know that just about eveyrthing in the catholic bible isnt true, (there is a name for the types ofs torys in the bible i forgot the name but i know that it means like teaHCING A LEASON OR SOMETHING). All the stories in the bible were made up and wee only made up to be taught lessons. beucasse if someone really believed that adam and eve were the firs people on earth and if they didnt eat the apple we would live forer and neevr sin omfg you better goto like some *BLEEP*in big time person to explain EVEYRTHING.

With regards to the NT, all of what you said runs counter to the evidence....acheological and historical evidence support the historicity of the NT countless times better than they support anything on Julius Ceasar..or anyone else, for example.

With regards to the OT, things like the dead sea scrolls are available

That gives us at least some evidence that 'i know that just about eveyrthing in the catholic bible isnt true' is a completely unfounded position.

I can back this position up - ive written a few things up on my website under articles, but im not going to dilute this board by writing a lengthly response here.

I believe that everything in the bible is true. I think the word you were thinking of is parable, and that is really only relevant when Jesus tells a parable, and thats only in the new testament... and in response to the questions about free will and the flood, God decided that he would warn the people to repent, and that they were to watch Methusaleh, because when methusalah died, the flood would come. Noah preached for hundreds of years and noone listened; Methuselah is the oldest man ever, he was 900 something when he died, this shows God's mercy, they were a wicked and sinful world, and so God warned them and told them to repent or else... but they did not listen. and we do have a free will, that is how God created us: it's a simple choice really, we can live our lives for as long as we live in sin, doing what we want, or we can repent and try to follow him and we will be granted everlasting life and sinlessness... if we didnt have free will we would all be sinless and live forever, but we would just be drones, not thinking ourselves, with no choice." The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Rom 6:23 if we sin we do not deserve to live, but god has given us a lifetime so that we can choose, but once we die, it's too late, and we've either chosen to obey him or chosen death. It's like an amazing sports car thats pointed at a cliff.. we can take a ride in it and it could be the best ride anyones ever had, wed look cool and the car would be really fast, but once we start the car we know we'd have to go over the cliff, thats the price for it.