xisto Community
iGuest

what is your religion?

Sad that only me the muslim..

No, I think there are more.

But there are also more people from other religiens but I think religion is personal and I think it's strange to post your religion in a topic.

true - for many religion is personal and thats fine, i posted this just out of curiosity as to what popular religions were on this board...and the polls are anonymous anyway

true - for many religion is personal and thats fine, i posted this just out of curiosity as to what popular religions were on this board...and the polls are anonymous anyway

Doesn't have to be, there are a lot of tricks to reed it!

um what happened with catholic? Christians and catholics have just aboutt hes ame beleifs but their nott he same, catholics are like one of the most popular religions how can you forget that. Unless you were making catholcis and christians just in that crhistian category thing.edited: welbis and what kind of a christian are you? There are 3 kinds i forgot what they were.

This is a story I'm going to place on my website. It's not only meant as a story, but also as a reflection about religion. I just want to show that you can't be sure of anything in this world. You can't prove there is a god and you can't prove there is no god. So plz don't believe that everything that's written in the holy book of your religion or what millions believe is THE truth. It's just a possibility, with not more chance than any other one.If you don't think it's suited in this forum, just delete it or ask me and I'll delete the story myself."Once, somewhere in some universe, John was annoyed. He couldn't get concentrated. All those stupid exercises! He hated his world. Then he suddenly thought if there possibly could be a worse world? At that moment he got the idea to start a simulation.First he gathered all the information he needed to make such a simulation. He always knew his programming skills would become useful someday. He quickly programmed his simulation as only a few basic constants like mass and energy were needed and some simple input and output. Piece of cake. Just a few moments later, he started his simulation. Galaxies were formed in a few minutes. Stars began shining and planets began to form.But then it stopped suddenly and he received the message that some potential intelligent life was discovered. And it all started here.He already thought a long time about everything that was needed to make this new world worse than his own. His two basic needs were WRONG INFORMATION and EGOISM. Assuming the second one was already formed by evolution, he only focused at the first one.That meant he had to avoid the truth as much as possible. His first idea was that the people he shaped should never know who shaped them. So he created the first of all his lies: RELIGION.He gave a different religion to every group, but to all the same illusion: God. Instead of handling on their own, this believe learned them to trust in God and pray. It's obvious that this will lead to some major problems, and not only a huge waste of time.Every group of religious people thinks they believe in the right God, strengthened by their initial egoism. They start to make war in the name of their Gods (God bless the Crusaders) to capture 'holy' places or just to destroy those 'unbelieving dogs'.But religion was not enough for our John. That's why he created LANGUAGES, knowing this will only unable the communication and thus enforce the wrong information. This will enlarge the group effect, what means more wars.John always wanted to become a writer. The only problem was that nobody bought the book he wrote, being a bunch of funny stories with no logic in it. He called it 'The Bible' and published it on Earth (that's how he called his new world) as a holy book and it became a bestseller.

Ummm.... No offence, but that insults every religion ever created that includes a god, christianity in particular (The Bible?). I personally don't believe in gods and 'area 51 aliens' (Although download keynote and it'll pinpoint area 51... I thought that was classified (If it is true and that is the correct location...) lol) but thats just going to cause trouble. And I'm not fond of the possibility of being a simulation. Even though what you say is possible.

No offense to anyone's religion but this is just a thought that the other posts made me realize. Religion helps people on the short-term a lot in lives.. they had a rough past and religion gives them new hopes, meaning, etc...However do you think that long-term in a persons life, and the human species as a whole, religion is actually detrimental?I am taking this perspective from the point of view of the "born-again" Christians since this is what I have the most first hand experience with working as a camp counsellour for 3 years.By accepting that humans are naturally evil, doesn't this hurt a persons character and what they are able to acheive in the long run? By teaching people that sex before marriage is bad?I think human being are amazing. We have faults, but overall look at everything we have done!! And liek the one post said abotu a person getting a pill, thinking it would heal them, and it healing them albeit only being a sugar pill... that is the power of the human mind and body.Long term for human species by thinking we are naturally is not going to help us excel... and by just accepting something written in a book and not exploring our universe around us, etc...I don't have many good arguments.. it is late. But think about it and post your comments! Just an idea.

Hi!I was born into a christian family, and I have gone to meeting and many church events throughout my short life. I have chosen to become a christian by my own choice. I believe that what I believe is the real truth, which is why I try to live as God wants me to. since my religion includes the hope of salvation from sin and death, I naturally want to preach what i believe to be true to everyone I know. however, everyone else also believes that what they believe is the true faith, and so, I try to preach to people who really want to know the truth, and are not stuck in one religion. I someone were to come to me and prove everything I believe wrong, and prove that what they believe as true, i would believe that. If someone proved to me that one thing I believed was wrong and that what they believed was the same except for that oen thing I would believe that.But what i believe now I believe to be the truth. I don't believe in Evolution as in the evolution of people changing from neanderthals to humans because I believe there is a lack of proof of such a belief. I do not believe in the Devil or hell as in a place underground filled with fire and dead people who were evil. I do not believe that people have immortal souls that go to heaven when they die, or that there are ghosts or that spirits of people leave their bodies when they die. I believe our souls die when we do,and will be resurrected in the day of judgment when the Lord Jesus returns. I do not believe that Jesus and God and the Holy Spirit are the same person,I do believe God and Jesus are the Father and the Son, and the Holy Spirit is God's power. As one very important point, I know with proof that th bible is at least 2000 years old because of the Dead Sea Scrolls. you may google them for proof, they are the bible written on scrolls and put in clay jars 2000 years ago, and they are the same as the bible we have today. There are many prophecies in the bible and some have even occurred recently. I could speak of many that I know of, but i will only mention two. It was prophecied that the Jews would be scattered among the nations and would be brought back to their land, and this has happened. It was prophecied that jerusalem would be a religious focal point. Today it is a religious Holy city for the Christians, Jews and Muslims. These are two of the many reasons I believe in God and the Bible. I do not believe that some sadistic being created us and religion and language to have a horrible world, like the story told by Bondings. I do not mean to offend anyone and if I do by posting this then I am very sorry. I believe in God and Love. I am a Christadelphian, and if anyone has any questions about my religion or wishes to discuss what I've written more, you may post in this topic ( but I don't want this topic to get too off-track) or you may PM me and ask. PSto SSR: Catholics are by definition christians, though not considered christian by some. and there are more than three types of christian, just so you know :wink:

Ummm..... You don't believe in evolution? Do you believe in science? You said you would change your beliefs with proof, so lets see...

Genetic disorders. AKA genetic mutations. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I'm pretty sure this will help you understand genetic mutation, the basis of evolution.

Now, concider there were Neandertals
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Now, say genetic mutation changed them, perhaps once every ten years, in a way that made their DNA closer to that of the *person*-sapien's (ours)

This is as close to proof as posible without visual references and actual neandertal and *person*-sapien DNA over many hundreds or even thousands of years. Even then people would still think it was all a sham.

PS Just a question, does anyone believe this? http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0402/iceage.html OMG! ROFL! All evidence of the ice-age and dinosaurs is false? Against all proof and reason? LMAO!!!

I suppose that site is a joke, because I would like to have such stories on my own website. They are very funny. Not only the ice age. They even have a theory that santa is satan. You just have to change the order of the letters. :)http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news1299/santy.html is the url.
Another theory is that Allah means moon and stuff like that. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
You can even get a free playstation here http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0104/ps2.html . :P

What a website! :)

why do people really believe in religion so much? and believe its true,Here an example-Star wars movies, jedi has become a religion. (man made)