xisto Community
iGuest

what is your religion?

Everythign in teh Bible is true. Almost everytime someone has gone to try to prove it wrone, they have found out it is true.

Some birds have four feet Leviticus 11:20-21The bible says that hares and conies are unclean because they chew the cud but do not part the hoof. Leviticus 11:5-6 But hares and coneys are not ruminants and they do not chew the cud.
God curses the serpent, making him crawl on his belly and eat dust. Genesis 3:14 One wonders how he got around before -- by hopping on his tail, perhaps? But snakes dont eat dust, do they?

just in case you thought 'everything' in the bible is true

Some birds have four feet Leviticus 11:20-21The bible says that hares and conies are unclean because they chew the cud but do not part the hoof.  Leviticus 11:5-6 But hares and coneys are not ruminants and they do not chew the cud.
God curses the serpent, making him crawl on his belly and eat dust. Genesis 3:14 One wonders how he got around before -- by hopping on his tail, perhaps?  But snakes dont eat dust, do they?

lol...i still do.

If i can offer one possibility that says 'it could be true' for each of these suggestions then i am perfectly within logic to believe it is true. Im not trying to prove it true (proof is an impossible concept)...i believe it true, if you are disagreeing with me, then you'll have to offer slightly better arguments than those to sway my mind.

If you want to say the bible is not inerrant, then please find a contradiction. Bearing in mind that contradiction means:

contradiction in terms (noun) -
1. (logic) a statement that is necessarily false
"the statement 'he is brave and he is not brave' is a contradiction"
Synonyms: contradiction.

Anyway...Firstly, hares do chew cud:

the Hebrew phrase for chew the cud simply means raising up what has been swallowed. Coneys and rabbits go through such similar motions to ruminants that Linnaeus, the father of modern classification (and a creationist), at first classified them as ruminants. Also, rabbits and hares practise refection, which is essentially the same principle as rumination, and does indeed raise up what has been swallowed. The food goes right through the rabbit and is passed out as a special type of dropping. These are re-eaten, and can now nourish the rabbit as they have already been partly digested.

It is not an error of Scripture that chewing the cud now has a more restrictive meaning than it did in Moses day. Indeed, rabbits and hares do chew the cud in an even more specific sense.

Also, Some birds may well have had 4 feet. Indeed, if you believe birds came from reptiles perhaps you should believe that to.

Perhaps he did eat dust, or perhaps the context is using this as a metaphor - which is a definite possibility, afterall... you ever heard any one say 'eat my dust'.

Also if he got around before with legs - perhaps...then wouldnt this agree with the evidence for evolution?...and infact, suit evidence from the fossil record even better than it.

You'll have to do better than that...sorry :)

Hi Welbis,A quick correction would be appreciable. There's not religion like HINDI, Hindi is one of the principal languages of India. There are Roughly 350 millions Hindi speaking people around the world. The Religion you were intend to LIST in the choice of poll must have been HINDU - Hindus have thousands of gods and idols are worshipped with reverence........... Hindi is just a language... Please modify it. Thank you.

Very sorry about that.I did notice after i wrote it cos it was an honest miss type. Unfortunately i can no longer edit the poll. So can an admin please help with this. Thanks.

this is not to my usual style, but if you want a contradictionTherefore Michal, the daughter of Saul, had no child unto the day of her death. - II Samuel 6:23 The five sons of Michal, the daughter of Saul. - II Samuel 21:8

I voted Other: I don?t have a religious/ideological becouze that i don?t believe in god or a higher power...but i believe in the Human Rase & Aliens 8)

Hey geancanah,I am going to look into this but I believe that the explanation is that from that day on until her death she had no childrenhope that helps :P

I hate discussions about religions - Frederick the Great, King of Prussia (1712 - 1786) once said: "Every one must find his salvation in his own way." That's my philosophy, too. And that's why I don't argue about religion!

im christian.i agree with welbis(or whatever) on the no body has "no religion", everybody believes in something.next, i hate it when people say that we started as slime or as a small cell or something, thats the stupid thing i have ever heard. EVER!anyone who i hear say that loses some of the respect i have for them.lots of the time i make fun of athiests.lots of scientists are completely dropping the "big bang" theory now, because of the many errors and very low chances of it ever happening(there making up some other theorys to partially match other religions timelines).and i also have a sort of story.THIS STORY IS 100% TRUE: i dont care if you believe itthere is a man.... lets call him bill.bill's job is coming up with % for chances, (eg. 39%chance of earthquake in Victoria, in the next two weeks, hes not a weather person thier always wrong.), well bill desided to make a percentage on the chance of God existing.for his whole life he created a simulation of as much posible info that he could.after inputing starvation, pain, poverty, etc. and the FACTS from the bible, he came up with a percentage.acording to his simulation, and tests, the chance of God existing are 64%.but personally he believes that there is a 100% chance cause bill is christian now.THIS STORY IS TRUE!

Everythign in teh Bible is true. Almost everytime someone has gone to try to prove it wrone, they have found out it is true.

Some birds have four feet Leviticus 11:20-21The bible says that hares and conies are unclean because they chew the cud but do not part the hoof. Leviticus 11:5-6 But hares and coneys are not ruminants and they do not chew the cud.
God curses the serpent, making him crawl on his belly and eat dust. Genesis 3:14 One wonders how he got around before -- by hopping on his tail, perhaps? But snakes dont eat dust, do they?

#1:
yes.
aperantly serpants or snakes did have feet or something simular.
mabye like a catapilar.

#2:
when it says the serpant eats dirt, it means because its on the ground with its face in the dirt. like if i shoved your face in the dirt and said "YOU EAT DIRT!", it dosnt mean you go home and enjoy eating dirt!!!

#3:
the bible is based on what jesus, and god tell us so if you listen to geancanach, and think "uh, im christian, but i dont believe certain parts of the bible, than i think your dumb, because if you dont believe that EVERYTHING in the bible is true, than your not christian(or not a very good one).

i didnt claim to be (in faact, i very much am not, and even working on an essay about why, but that will be a later post)and i also notice you didnt respond to the points in Leviticus 11:20-21 and Leviticus 11:5-6