xisto Community
scab_dog

How To Take A Screen Shot Of Your Desktop. A Simple Tutorial

I have a laptop that does not have a print screen button! I am quite literate when using a computer but I cant remember how to copy a screen on a LAPTOP and paste it...Can someone help???

I didn't know how to do this 'till read this thread, however I do know how to do it on a Mac, in Case anyone out there is using Apple's OSX here's the command for Print Screen.Full Screen = Shift + Command + 3Capture Selection = Shift + Cammand + 4

If you hold left alt while using print screen it will only screen shot the active window. This is especially useful if you only want a certain window in your screenshot but don't feel like cropping it, :).Not a lot of people know about that so thought I'd share.

If you hold left alt while using print screen it will only screen shot the active window. This is especially useful if you only want a certain window in your screenshot but don't feel like cropping it, smile.gif.
Not a lot of people know about that so thought I'd share.

great but i want a way that enables me to capture a certain portion of my screen?

i then want to circle a few things, which programs would allow me to do that?

The basic screen-capture button is great but I prefer using screen-capture software for snagit for more effective results. Still looking for a good video-capturing software tho

great but i want a way that enables me to capture a certain portion of my screen?
i then want to circle a few things, which programs would allow me to do that?

Good question. For that I would just use Paint to crop whatever you don't want in the picture. It's probably faster than other methods anyways.

<p>I have a laptop that does not have a print screen button! I am quite literate when using a computer but I cant remember how to copy a screen on a LAPTOP and paste it...Can someone help???</p>

There might be some other OS-specific key combination as someone suggests on Mac. In Windows Vista and XP there is usually a On-Screen Keyboard that you can run from the Accessories >> Accessibility menu or similar. That will allow you to "click" on the Print Screen button and capture the screen just like with a normal keyboard. I know for sure it works on a MacBook running XP.