xisto Community
scab_dog

How To Take A Screen Shot Of Your Desktop. A Simple Tutorial

Oh, that's odd, for me it won't let me. But I'm using one of the overnight builds, so that might affect something. You are using firefox, right?

71840[/snapback]

Version 1.0.2 for Windows. You?

@Johnny
Sorry, I missed dontmaimyourself's post...

@thebluekirby
This is impossible to accomplish using the Print Screen key... However, some media players (like "MV2 player", for example) have the possibility to "grab" a frame from a movie file, and save it as an image. Windows Media Player doesn't have this feature yet, unfortunately.

If you are interested, you can download MV2 player from here:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I remember a shortcut key to capture image in wmp, even with hardware image overlay on, I think it was CTRL+I but I doesnt work any more with wmp10

What if you don

How To Take A Screen Shot Of Your Desktop.

I recently changed my keyboard as the old one wasn't working, but this new keyboard doesn't have "print screen" on it. Could I still take a screenshot?

-question by Janet

This is a good way of capturing a screenshot of your desktop or what ever online you need a picture of. I take alot of screenshots running my canasta league, I use my print screen feature or there is a program that I have that is free and it is called neoshooter, it is a very easy program to use and it is free, you can go to Yahoo and do a search for it and download it and again like i sad it is very easy to use Neoshooter.

Here's a manual for doing it in Linux!1. Locate Synaptic package manager using find or by looking in lost and found, system or settings.2. Click it to open it (this requires the root password).3. Click edit on the top task bar, then click search.4. When the box pops up type KSnapshot, then click search/find.5. This should bring up 2 choices, kdegraphics and kdegraphics-ksnapshot, click kdegrahics-ksnapshot.6. Right click it and select 'Mark for installation'.7. At the top on the second from top task bar, click apply.8. Check that the 'Download package files only' box is un-ticked and the 'Verify package signatures' box is checked.9. Click apply, then wait for the thing to work it's magic, if a box comes up, click the close button.10. Hit the print screen button on your keyboard, its to the right of F12 (a little way away (on a PC keyboard)) and next to scroll lock.11. The KSnapshot window should pop-up with your taken screen shot in it.12. Congratulations, rename your screen shot and you have successfully taken your first screen shot!You can also use the drop down menu next to 'Capture mode:' to select Full screen, Window under cursor, Region (you draw a box around what you want to snapshot) and Section of window.You can print it using KSnapshot without the need of further software, save it and copy it to the clipboard, it's free and it's easy.Thank you Linux, Thank you KSnapshot!

HeLp!!How To Take A Screen Shot Of Your Desktop.

I have a laptop, and when I hit print screen, it doesn't work! I've tried it on other computers and it worked, but it doesn't work on mine!

-reply by Lucy

To make a screen shot of your desktop click Alt and then CTRL and delete.Then will open the task manager.Then go in processes and fing explorer.exe and end task.Then your start meni and icons will be gone and then click Print Screen Sys Rq. Now go again in task manager and go in file and new task.Then write explorer and youre start meni and icons will come back.Then go in Paint and click Ctrl C V. Your desktop will be show on Paint. :P

Print screen will always work unless one of a few things happens: You completely destroy your operating system, your print screen key is broken, or you have some weird keyboard that doesnt have that key (very unlikely, its a standard feature)On a laptop you may find that "Prnt screen" or similar is written in a blue/grey colour. In which case you need to press the Fn key (usually bottom left) hold that down and then press the print screen button. Any key with light blue characters on it needs the Fn key (also light blue) to e pressed first

Its true it will be really usefull for those who are new to computers and don't know how to do it. Even in the begining of my career in this field I was amazed at how people take the screen shots and now when I know it, it seems to be very easy. But really its a good aproach, it will really be usefull for many. ?

You can use the tool which is virtual keyboard called On-Screen keyboard.It can be found in Accessories then Accessibility and click on On-Screen keyboard.This is very simple way to click on key which is broken on your keyboard.This is special window,so you can still be focused on your current window while clicking on the On-screen keyboard.It is little scary to end explorer.exe but it shouldn't damage your computer.The problem is if you replace explorer.exe with virus :P So i don't support explorer.exe,but anyway donneo very nice trick-bravo!

A very simple tutorial there it seems for us who are very familiar in how to do this. Though this will get Crawled by bots and I am sure someone who doesn't know very much about computers will Google "How to take a screenshot" and I am sure this will come up for Him or Her and will be of great use to them.

This is a simple tutorial but for many people who dont know a lot of computer this can help very much.i had used this while i am cheking out for somethig to improve that i had paid :P:)