xisto Community
Plenoptic

A World Without Math

Well the other day in my study hall after math, our teacher or watever his real title is, started talking about his course in "The History of Math." He brought up the point that at one point, math wasn't really used. If they were trading a goat for two cows but they wanted 4 cows, they would make two different trades. They wouldn't just trade 2 goats for 4 cows because math didn't occur. I don't really know if I got that story right but I think you see the point. So after hearing that, I started thinking, would life really be all that simple without math? I mean we don't really know what we are missing until it's missing. But there wouldn't be equations or anything to figure out problems. Proper dimensions when building something wouldn't really be available. Systematic systems in factories based on precision wouldn't really be available. It's sort of hard to imagine or even for me to explain. There wouldn't really be a currency, just trading one thing for another maybe. That'd be one less course to learn in school, in fact a lot less. You wouldn't have physics, not really much of chemistry, or other equations in science. Anything in which math is involved in the creation of will not be existant. But would we miss it? Of course, even back thousands of years there was a math of some sort, just counting is math. Someone would come up with something eventually because it makes our lives easier and that's what people strive for.

Without math we'd be reduced to simple huns, if that. Without math, there is no architecture, no computers, no currency, and possibly even greater complications due to the lack of even simple arithmatic.

Yeah, pretty much everything nowdays is based on math. I mean, no math means no measuring, which means no delicious cheezy puffs sold by weight, and so they'd have no way to sell cheezy puffs fairly. Plus, you couldn't design cheezy puff making machines with out math (as Tetraca said, architecture) because you couldn't design any type of complex machine, so there wouldn't even be delicious cheezy puffs in the first place.Basically, no area of life would remain the same.

There?s no World without math, it is the language of nature, everything can be explained by numbers. It explains it all, and everything can be explained by it even grammar or art.Like, why do we like DaVinci?s paintings? Because it matches the Fibonacci Mask...If you apply number variables to classes of words, you?ll be able to create a formula to sentences, and it would be always 100% correct...Don?t take math for granted, it?s in everything and everywhere...Cheers.

Well the other day in my study hall after math, our teacher or watever his real title is, started talking about his course in "The History of Math." He brought up the point that at one point, math wasn't really used. If they were trading a goat for two cows but they wanted 4 cows, they would make two different trades. They wouldn't just trade 2 goats for 4 cows because math didn't occur. I don't really know if I got that story right but I think you see the point.
So after hearing that, I started thinking, would life really be all that simple without math? I mean we don't really know what we are missing until it's missing. But there wouldn't be equations or anything to figure out problems. Proper dimensions when building something wouldn't really be available. Systematic systems in factories based on precision wouldn't really be available. It's sort of hard to imagine or even for me to explain. There wouldn't really be a currency, just trading one thing for another maybe.

That'd be one less course to learn in school, in fact a lot less. You wouldn't have physics, not really much of chemistry, or other equations in science. Anything in which math is involved in the creation of will not be existant. But would we miss it? Of course, even back thousands of years there was a math of some sort, just counting is math. Someone would come up with something eventually because it makes our lives easier and that's what people strive for.

Well the way I see it, life would be impossible! ok now I hate math so much and I wish it wasn't there at some points when my teacher starts talking about stuff I just can't understand... but we have to admit that math is the mother of all other sciences. everything needs math to complete it and make it better. physics and chemistry wouldn't exist without math. houses would fall on our heads if there wasn't such thing called math. alot of things would've changed. our life would be very primitive as if we were cavemen! moreover, math equals logical reasoning, so without math we won't have logic and without logic even our values and principles would be messed up.

Math is simply a way for us to translate and categorize the things that occur naturally. People had houses before the discovery of simple arithmatic. Yeah, so they didn't have skyscrapers or the Internet, but they eked out a living.On a side note, one of my math instructors talked about the usefulness of numbers as opposed to Roman numerals. Can you imagine having to multiply XLCIII by M?

I don't like math, but, if there was none at all, I mean, what would life be like?So yeah, basically without numbers, equations, etc, we would be hundreds of years behind technology, possibly thousands! I don't get what you ment by the 4 cows 2 goats thing though lol :D

i commend you for this wonderful topic. !:P!What will be the world without math? (Although its inevitable for humanity to not discover math, it still is a good question.) We'd be reduced to just being savages. We'll only live to eat and be eaten. We'd only be like a pack of animals looking for ways to survive on earth. And also, w/o math we wont be having this thread thinking what the world will be w/o math... :D

A world without math.. Hm. That's hard to imagine. Everything would just fall apart without math. Or, they wouldn't be there to begin with. Most of the things we have today, like technology and such inventions wouldn't be here right now if there wasn't such a thing as math. And as much as I hate math, because it's so difficult, I can see why the world needs it.

hello friends,the topic started by my dear friend plenoptic is, i can say, quite awry..... quiet sort of inconceivable... why??? because mathematics is so much entrenched in our life that it is tough to even think of a situation when there is no mathematics...by the way i am a firm believer in the fact that mathematics is not just the language of the world but the whole universe.... again yuo can ask why??? because of the fact that everything around us in the universe fits so well in terms of mathematics, after we discover in mathematical terms about that particular thing, that i feel that mathematics is not something invented by us humans, but it is some sort of inherent property of the universe that we just discovered and are still discovering in certain areas.... because if mathematics would have been something invented by us then i feel that each and every region in the world must have been having there own form of mathematics, like we have different languages... but since mathematics was discovered, therefore whether it was calculus discovered by newton in England or value of pie discovered by aryabhatta in India, all are consistent... because mathematics is the common language throughout the universe... that is why one of my favorite pictures is "contact", because the same point is used in there....by the way i feel that, as in the topic, if there would have been no mathematics in our lives then i feel that there would have been no difference between a human being and say aaaaaaaaa rattle snake...ok bye friends.... keep writing..

Yeah, no math would be sweet for the people that sucked at it and hated it...But if it didn't exist well..the computer and well built houses and anything else that we know and love would either not exist or be built poorly. But thats if we never learned math... If it never existed the world that we know now would probably not exist, but it might because the world doesn't know numbers :/ Anyways... yeah people would be very retarded without it.

World without mathametics how is u r feeling?

A World Without Math

Hi sir could you send me the answer sir?

-reply by suseela

Its strange how the most simple things, such as Maths, are relied on by the world so much. Without Maths Technology would be at a stop, a very slow development, or it wouldn't exist at all...I love Maths at school. Its hard, but theses rules and reasons for things. If we didn't have Maths I'd be dissapointed :)

Now, we can't even imagine a world without mathematics. No Mathematics...No Technology, so No Development. This development would be impossible. So......without mathematics, there is no computer, no mobile, no internet, no astronomy and simply no physics. Everything needs mathematics....even biology. If there is no computer and no internet......so no Trap....and finally no discussion on this topic.... :)

a day with out mathA World Without MathA day with out math would be a pretty ugly day. The weather forecasts would be wrong and construction sites will end up coming out sloppy. Then the planes will get lost because there will be no coordinates and they will fall in the water. Imagine a day with out shopping. The malls and all the other businesses will go bankrupt because they can't pay the bills and other stuff. With out math, you won't be able to drive. You won't know how fast or to slow your driving or you won't know how much gas to put in your vehicle. A day with out math is a day with out shapes and angles. You won't know what a cube, sphere, triangular prism or a pyramid is. You also won't know what a 90 degree angle is, or an obtuse angle. You won't know how to measure so you can't cook because in order to cook, you need to know how much of something you're putting in the recipe. If you wanted new Nikes then you would have to wait because you can't buy new shoes. In order to buy new shoes, you must first measure your shoe size. You also won't be getting paid. Your boss won't know how to count and how much to pay you. If an earthquake hits Tokyo then people won't know how strong it was or how many people died or got hurt. The hospital won't know how much medicine to give the patient and many people can die. In Iraq, the planes would be crashing and no one will make it back. The ships would get lost because they wouldn't know where they are. Some people might forget where they live because they won't know their address. Almost every thing today is based on math. Most of the things we have today, like technology and such inventions wouldn't be here right now if there wasn't such a thing as math for a day. No math would mean no video games, no television, no money, no nothing. Math is part of our every day lives. If you like it or not, math is every where. It's in your address, in your school and in your head. Some people don't even know that their doing math in their head every day. When you go shopping. When you set your alarm clock, and when you are counting money.-reply by manny thaciasKeywords: a day without math