xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kvarnerexpress

Bands That Shouldnt Have Broken Up

of all the bands that broke up over the years, or members that have died causing the band to stop playing, which one do you think was the most bullshi't/ shouldnt have happened?i'd have to say the Dead Kennedy's, or sublime...idk another op ivy record wouldve been cool

Definitely SOUNDGARDEN. And well there are others like Smashing Pumpkins that I would like to keep making records and giving concerts. And there are others like Pixies (rejoined), Jane?s Addiction (re-joined and re-splitted) or Dinosaur Jr. that I wish never had split.

Two of my favorite bands ever have broken up. Mr. Bungle and Faith No More. But I don't think that they shouldn't have broken up... I think the time was up on both of them and they would have started to put out junk if they'd stayed together, maybe.

One band that I enjoyed listening to was The Presidents of the United States of America (PUSA) who broke up, reformed for another album but only to break up again. I haven't heard anything about them for a few years but they made some good alternative music back in the late 90's.

SUBLIME DIDN'T BREAK UP, BRAD DIED. Same thing happened to another great band, Snot.BIGGEST BULL OF THE 90's: SMASHING PUMPKINS BREAK UP...forget blink, they suck.NEWEST BIGGEST LET DOWN: Maynard and TOOL & APC..good for him though, I guess.

Definitely, PINK FLOYD, THE PIXIES, BAUHAUS and PAVEMENTThose bands really deserved a much better future, just a shame :)

Death brought a premature end to a lot of premier acts, including the Doors, Lynard Skynard, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Sublime, Pantera. Of course, some were reincarnated with surviving members, but they would never be the same band we know and love.The Beatles, Beach Boys, Pink Floyd, Guns N' Roses, and the Smashing Pumpkins are all bands that would've had better futures together. It's a shame that conflict had to exist, because each of them brought something unique to their respective genres.Bands should model their relations off of Kansas and ZZ Top. These guys have been playing together forever, and they never cease to crank out some kick-*bottom* stuff. They've had wildly successful careers, and they are the epitome of what the business should really be like. Kudos to them.

I think that it sucks that kurt cobain died. I agree that guns and roses was better before. lot's of good bands have broken up or members have died. I wish led zeppelin was still together.

For the record, Maynard was just kidding. Hes still very much involved in Tool and APC. I think the Jesus thing was a play off of Head leaving Korn for Christ or whatever.I definitely agree with Soundgarden. They broke up just because they decided it was time to. No arguments, no failing record sales. They made amazing music and then just kind of stopped. I guess it was smart though, since Pearl Jam was around at the same time and now they're kind of touring endlessly and not many people care anymore.

idk if system o a down broke up or not, what with serj going off and doing his own album, they are good tho!>_<

Edited by hotchick2121 (see edit history)

SOAD is on hiatus. Doesn't really matter to me much.As for bands I wish never broke up, hmmm......this is a toughy.Anthrax....The Joey Belladonna line up, that is. Not technically the original line up, but the best one. Now don't get me wrong, John Bush is a great singer, but Belladonna does Anthrax tunes much better than him and I think it s*cks that he left after they toured a little bit (one of those tours was with Judas Priest and I went...twas amazing). And yea, that's all I can think of right now.

bands that shouldn

Bands That Shouldnt Have Broken Up

I think that Blink-182 was a great band that shouldn't have broke up, the lead singer is in the band Angels and Airwaves though. Creed is another great band that shouldn't have broken up but Alterbridge is a good band

-reply by kingjake53