xisto Community
aloKNsh

Science And God! Will they ever reveal themselves

people on youtube trying to say your beliefs are wrong

There lies a nice philosophical problem.
Then cannot say that your beliefs are wrong, because your beliefs are really your beliefs.
They only can say that your beliefs are not mine, because I believe in something else.
That's the funny thing with faith, one guy can only say that he believes in God, and he is right when he says that he believes in God. And the other guy is also right when he says that he does not believe, or he believes in another god, from another religion.

i just hate when people say that i am wrong for not believing in any sort of a god, this has made me categorise these people close to nazis telling you what to do based on a book. i hate the guy on youtube who says that the bible is evidence of god because god wrote the bible. well that can't be right if you think about it didn't a whole bunch of different people write different parts of the bible. also the bible is a secondary source (the new testemant side) since the people who wrote each part did it many years after this jebus character. isn't their enough time to forget things and also to exagerate some of what happened.

Science and GodScience And God!

We exist on a scale between two extremes (+ve infinity to -ve infinity). Both the infinities are not knowable areas. We occupy a relatively very small area on this scale, somewhere in the middle( even that is not clearly known.). If God is defined as the absolute, the absolute must lie at the infinity and hence not knowable.Even otherwise, a mind that is capable of verifying the existence of God, makes God finite and hence not worthy of worship. All that can be humanly known is that absolute is infinite and not knowable.

ASHOK

Science and GodScience And God!

We exist on a scale between two extremes (+ve infinity to -ve infinity). Both the infinities are not knowable areas. We occupy a relatively very small area on this scale, somewhere in the middle( even that is not clearly known.). If God is defined as the absolute, the absolute must lie at the infinity and hence not knowable.Even otherwise, a mind that is capable of verifying the existence of God, makes God finite and hence not worthy of worship. All that can be humanly known is that absolute is infinite and not knowable.

ASHOK

I quite agree that any God worth believing in would not be knowable in the sense of a scientfic specimen which you can define, measure and manipulate. But I don't think that captures the totality of the meaning of the word "know". Another meaning of the word has to do with how we know another person which does not neccessarily have anything to do with defining, measuring and manipulating them though I acknowledge that this may indeed what it means to some people in that context. I would suggest that what gets closest a person's identity, more than anything else, is the choices he makes -- what he chooses to see as important and what he devotes his life and time to. It is not in the circumstantial things that have been handed to someone, that we find the real person, but rather in what he decides to do with all of that.

In any case, if you can understand what I mean by knowing another person which does not require such things as measurement and manipulation, then I would propose that knowledge of God is possible in that sense. In fact I would suggest that God has a purity of choice, purpose, motivation, and integrity as well as a lack of inner conflicts, confusion that makes him in some sense more knowable than human beings are. It is why many people find Him so reliable and well worth "knowing".

There lies a nice philosophical problem.Then cannot say that your beliefs are wrong, because your beliefs are really your beliefs.
They only can say that your beliefs are not mine, because I believe in something else.
That's the funny thing with faith, one guy can only say that he believes in God, and he is right when he says that he believes in God. And the other guy is also right when he says that he does not believe, or he believes in another god, from another religion.

at the end of the day, one has to be right and the other to be wrong... and that's my belief hehe

but delving ourselves deep into science there is not enough evidence still to confirm that we weren't created without a master designer... you can search up some youtube videos on debates about this... very interesting stuff