xisto Community
grim reaper1666

Park Swings they could be used to generate power

who agrees with me that swings could generate power  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

when you think about a swing in a park when people are on them the backwards and forewards movement placed on the swing must create energy (kinetic energy). The only thing is this energy goes to waste you could put a simple generator on the top of the swing where the chains are attached to and then the faster someone swings the more power is generated and this could be sent into the national grid in countries to reduce the amount of power the big fossil burning power plants need to output to keep up the worlds needs. This would also take the Russian need of gas and oil bought from them being less. I am talking about Britain here because if one countries supply is cut of Britain gets cut of aswell because we are on the same line as any other country using that supply. who agrees with me?

I had this on a flash-lamp : you just shake it and the kinetic energy is converted into electricity (it's transparent so you see the small coil and the mobile magnet creating the electricity).So, when you go in the park, don't forget to take along your flash-lamp, put it on the swing when seating, take it back in your pocket when leaving the park, an you have your own light generator for reading your book tonight, or power off the main lamp near your computer while surfing on the web and use your park-swing-reloaded lamp in order to see your keyboard.This is a self-controlled reasonable solution : don't wait for the government taking the decision for you, power off all the lamps in your house, and go swinging in the park with your mobile-coil shakable lamp, and save fossil energy. If each guy in the world does that, a lot of energy will be saved.Only one problem remains : will we have enough park swing installations available?

Nope, sounds like a pretty useless thing to me.1) It's too expensive to create all the eletronics for the swings2) it's too expensive to run all the wires from the swings to a power outlet3) if you want it to create a lot of energy, you'll make it impossible for people to use the swings (it'll become too hard to move the swings)4) the duty cycle for a swing is way too low for this to be usefull.Imho the only way to create a lot of reliable energy is by using large scale solution (like create a swing farm where people are swing and other people have whips so the swinggers don't stop swinging ... or something like that :D )

you could add weight to the seat (say in the shape of a person) with floppy legs and weights in the feet then the swing is pushed and then you have continous motion and you could create a giant swing say 20 times bigger than a normal swing and set it swinging with a weight 20 times heavy than the one on the normal size swing and it would be the same thing but with 20 times more power output and it could be built at the actual power plant meaning its got a direct way of putting power into the grid.

Idea is good but it is not at all for large scale. You can even use walker(jogger cycle) for generating electricity. Some people even use cycle used in gym for generating electricity. But how much electricity it'll generate ?. Very low. IMO, it can be used to glow CFL tube that's it. Besides those who are health conscious will able to contribute in this(if gym cycle is used). So again many will not able to contribute in this and idea for large scale fails. And our requirements for power are very high. We can't think for small implementations in case of electricity generations. It'll be very small in comparison and you've to think about how much it can generate. Take case of producing electricity with swing in home. Let's say all family members are interested initially. Again not all are interested in swings all the time. Some do like to swing every now and then. But again this is depends on mood. So can't take it for large scale production.

A lot of things could generate power if you really think about it. Me typing this post could generate power some place perhaps :D Anyway, that's a very interesting idea you got there. I think that there definitely is some merit to it for sure.