xisto Community
takerraj

Microsoft Security Essentials Free Is Out Now

Is Microsoft Security Essentials made by Microsoft company? Because the software is ideal to be included in all the copies of Windows 7 or Vista and it is a shame to have Kaspersky because I have paid a license of three months and now I have to use it, no way I wll waste my money. Microsoft Security Essentilas have to have the following features to at least make the people to prove it: 1. Have to be light: This is a very important feature that I have to say Kaspersky doesn´t have and that disgust me when my computer crash because the antivirus is scanning a removable media or it is updating and use the triple of RAM memory than usually use.2. Have to be good desinfecting and deleting viruses: The only time I was doubting about Kaspersky was when I get a virus from a USB that reboot my computers all the time and I didn´t get to desinfect it or delete it. And I have to download a software named Malwarebyte to help kaspersky and I understood that sometimes there are some viruses better named malware that act like a virus but sometimes they are more strong than the viruses.3. Have to be free: I am tired of Kaspersky three months ago I have to buy a personal license because I didn´t get to work some of that licences that are jumping over internet and I had no more option than buy my personal licence. Microsoft Security Essentials have to be free.Well this is my particular opinion about this software. When the kaspersky licence expire I will try this software. Bye.

Okay, first off, sorry about the bad grammar. I think I was in a bad mood or my afternoon eDrink crash was setting in. Sometimes I type like I talk, other times, my ideas come faster than I type or care to correct myself. All posts usually edited for spelling after I posted... at times.Anyway, back to the subject. I've be troubleshooting PC's since, well let's just say I've been helping people along time, and have been taking tabs on online protection software, methods, and pricing as it relates to the problems at hand (or in the software vendor's words -- their solutions).My method for an online software solution on a shoe string (no pun intended) includes:1. Grisoft AVG Free Edition (been tinkering with this since v6, other free canidates had performance issues or customization problems)2. Spybot S&D (web browser protection, scanner; since v14, Ad-aware was much to slow and had other sideshow scanning of no real use)3. SpywareBlaster 4.2 (additional provides protection for web browsers)4. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.40 (additonal scanner, the quick scan option is the fastest, and scans the most relevant areas of computer/registry)The above software has been tested on M$ windows 2000, XP, and Vista. I have yet to get my hands on a version of Windows 7.Other useful technologies - help safely conduct online activities.Web spoofingURL verifying (verifiy sites)Firewall (incoming and outgoingblocking ports)Packet analyzinginstant messagingftp/puttyDNS caching

Microsoft can't stop viruses from hitting their operating system and now they've made an anti-virus software? Now that's really funny! Releasing it for free seems a good move because I doubt most people would buy it for a price... Anyone has a good review for this thing?!

You can winsupersite.com site for the MSE review. I know winsupersite has biased reviews but that's all i can say if you're looking for in depth reviews. Other than thatslashdot and some windows fan blogs have reviews for MSE. Do check them out as well.

Ya ya... releasing for free is very intelligent move. Everyone knows that Microsoft failed at paid security market with their Onecare Live and now they are trying their luck by playing with people who cant afford money for their security and depend on freewares. Microsoft stop playing with us and concentrate on bringing a good secure, light, beautiful O.S!

I think it's great that Microsoft released it for free, Microsoft Security Essentials is a good tool. Some friends of mine are using it on their work laptops for some time now and said that it works well, I think I'll move to after installing Windows 7. As I know they can't bundle it by default to Windows OS because of some issues? But anyway, it's free, it's good, it works. Also it's not so annoying and is light as ESET Smart Security, even though I still believe that ESET is much better, but it's not free. :D

You can get it here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14210/security-essentials-download

I have to agree ESET is much better and less annoying. It pops up minimum messages and good with virus protection. I don't know if anyone found and clean viruses or spyware with MSE. If anyone did found out let me know i want to know if they can find viruses which are only found by other antivirus(specific).

At least Microsoft has finally come out with something to protect their own system with. I wonder if they purposely did not create an antivirus scanner in order to not feel like they were monopolizing their entire operating system, and giving others a chance. They've since come out with antispyware and now antivirus software. It's good. I liked Microsoft Windows programs though they are probably just as effective as the next brand. Don't think they work any better or less than others.