xisto Community
FirefoxRocks

Top 10 Ways To Break Your Laptop

Yeah, get a durable laptop... something with a metal like case. And if it has a rugged rubberized skin for it, get it. Also something new now days are laptops coolers. This may help absorb the impact of a dropped laptop if it is the heat dispersing gel heat types which can be affixed to the laptop like a clam shell.Another thing that cannot be stressed enough is get the warranty or extended warranty for intentional laptop damages/theft damage. Or purchase it with a credit card that covers such damages.I had an iPaq pda from staples that went bad, the screen cracked and they replaced it. It was so simple.Right now I'm getting a HP G60 repaired from HP manufacure for +400.00. It was a laptop that someone broke and considered a loss. Besides being out of their budget to fix something that's going to be dated, they just decided to get a newer laptop with the features they wanted. Rich people.Yeah new replacement keyboards can be as cheap as 29.99 a pop and I've purchased LCD screens for as low as 109.00 + shipping. Go figure. If you are up to challenge to repair a laptop. Search eBay for something broken... like a laptop with a broken screen that can still boot, or a laptop with just a damaged keyboard/spilled. You can easily get functional one going for less than 200.00, provided it just need one part replaced.The 400.00 scenario, required a replacement LCD, a keyboard, and a factory image restore on the hard drive. If worst comes to worst. I would be sent an equivalent refurbished laptop or 400.00 plus the depreciated value of the laptop in credit toward a new one. Cool huh. :)levimage

HuH..! There's no way I'll break my laptop unless it's really can't be used anymore.I'll just keep it on my drawers or somewhere else I can always see when I want.Well, that's just for my treasure... :)

Don't forget spilling a beverage over it. My friend accidentally spilled water over his laptop and his keyboard stopped working. He had to get a replacement one.

You cannot forget closing the laptop lid (and forgetting that it now doesn't sleep when you close the lid) and letting it overheat and cook while in a bag. Not a personal experience, just a story from a friend.

I have one to add :) I asked one of my friends if I could see his laptop and as he reached for the laptop, he hit his head against the edge of the wooden desk. He got a teeny bit agitated and accidentally threw his laptop across the room as he was acting hastily and his hands were sweaty. It was an Asus Eee PC so it was pretty small. The screen cracked and some of the hardware was damaged so he just bought a new one. Estimated Cost of Repair: $350

i know another way how a laptop can get broken, you notice that your table is wobbling you look under the table and see a laptop size chunk missing from one of the legs so you put the laptop under it and the wobbling problm is solved. then you realise it is a heavy glass table and you hear a load smashing coming from the under the table leg. then you get angry throw it in the car boot, then you get an idea you check your warranty and it says car accidents accepted. you close the boot jump in the car find a disused car park then drive as fast as you can while being able to stop and slam the breaks on and listen for the smash.

Don't i repeat dont' ever get your lady mad when you have your laptop out, when your laptop on, and especially if it's within her reach. Also othering common sense thing which is probably overlooked, don't use your laptop when you are drunk, drinking, and when you having or at a party. Believe me... I heard some stories.

You could definitely punch the screen like below.

Posted Image

Leave it out in the sun for too long, or in the freezing cold weather. Perhaps forget it in the rain! Or leave it in a field! Muhahaha! Never happened to me! But I'm sure someone's done something similar.

My sister went through the classic.. spilled orange juice all over it and killed it immediately. Asked me why it wouldn't turn on anymore.. or if she could just wait a week until it dried out. Yeah.. might work for a cellphone, but definitely not a laptop, hehe ;)

Worst thing I've done is dropped a laptop, but it was my Mac laptop and it survived somehow without any damage at all, not even a sign of any physical damage. I got lucky there!