xisto Community
iGuest

What's The Best E-mail Service?

What's the best e-mail service?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Me to. Not just because its very-large-email-space, but also because its antispam feature which is better than the others. Beside, you can get pop3 and smtp free. Gmail also doesn't put annoying ads. Compare this with the new yahoo mail page.

10 votes for gmail :(

What do you think?

I've voted for GMail.

I voted for GMail, because it has too much space, better design than other email services. Before i used Yahoo but i noticed that the some email's are not reciving fast as i need, and i moved myself to GMail.

Ad free, free IMAP, was the reason I switched to gmail. Previously I had only one email which I used both for IM and mailing. And for IM, yahoo and msn are the best. Later I created more email accounts used for specific purposes. And hence, now I us gmail for mailing and yahoo for Instant Messaging with friends.

Spencer, do you forget that gmail also supports :
>> labels, archiving
>> forwarding
>> thread view
Lots of gmail features are better than the others' :(

Ad free, free IMAP, was the reason I switched to gmail. Previously I had only one email which I used both for IM and mailing. And for IM, yahoo and msn are the best. Later I created more email accounts used for specific purposes. And hence, now I us gmail for mailing and yahoo for Instant Messaging with friends.

Yes, but those two were the main reason I switched my mailing account to gmail. Yes, there are tons of other features, especially the labs where we can tweak the gmail interface a lot. And then they keep on adding even more features every now and then. And above all, I can easily access other google products with my gmail account.

Here we have a very funny example of a philosophical mismatch.The starter topic question was "Which is the best one ?"And each guy answered "My preferred one is..."And, of course, the reasons why I prefer gmail is not necessarily the reason why it's the best one...By the way, I love the portable version of Pidgin IM, because in a single window you have all your IM accounts receiving and transmitting at the same time : MSN, gmail, etc... So, My MSN mates and my gmail contacts can simultaneously talk with me, I answer in a single interface. That's a second philosophical point : the question is about gmail, I answer about myself (which in my opinion is a very important subject :( )

I voted for Gmail as the best webmail and email service for me too ans I see that everyone here until my post did the same! \o/I tried other services and most of them didn't satisfy my needs, usually gmail is online and working and it's really very fast! :D I used to prefer email clients, but for some years now I don't, as webmail has more advantages than email clients, which was opposite lets say 5-7 years ago. :(

gmail gmail gmail.... I love gmail. Their Ads are not disturbing as the Ads on Yahoo. I also see many sites suggesting to use gmail. Normally when I signup at one site they suggest me to use gmail. Sites like these are growing. Google always work on gmail and try to add new features to make their service more friendly. Others just copy what google do....

I don't need alot of space so Hotmail does it for me, my internet is slow a bit so i suffer from the java or flash thing. Although its annoying to block all those spam sources ...

So why don't you try gmail. Gmail is not only about a huge space, but it also included lots of feature. And if you have slow connection, you still can use html version which is lighter than the usual one. If you're an FF user, have you tried no script and adblock plus addons? Those addons really help me a lot.

I don't need alot of space so Hotmail does it for me, my internet is slow a bit so i suffer from the java or flash thing. Although its annoying to block all those spam sources ...

Apart from these things there are are some other things which would make gmail as the best service.You can for instance use gmail + gears to use it like an email client. There are three modes, 1) One is the online mode as we usually access, 2) The second one is offline mode, which downloads everything (+attachments), so even if you plug out the internet connection you can still browse the mails, 3) The third one is Flanky mode, where you always browse in offline mode and the gmails periodically syncs online whenever the connection is available.

Gmail of course because it´s more intuitive and is not full of publicity like the Yahoo mail. And the thing that I love of Google is the integration with Mozilla ThunderBird.But althougth maybe the Gmail is better functional than the others most of people use Hotmail and Yahoo, the people that I know all use the Hotmail they say the Hotmail is more powerful in the Spam filter and the others services including Gmail are weak in this function.But I don´t care the others opinion I like Gmail more.GMAIL IS THE BEST.Regards.

What do you think?

I've voted for GMail.

Up until recently I've always maintained my own mail server but of late I've switched over to using google's gmail, and I think for general usage it's the best solution there