xisto Community
Inspiron

Dell Or Hp ? Which is the best computer brand you prefer ?

Which is the best computer brand you prefer ?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, I'm still young and my dad runs a computer software company. And he's always told me that DELL sucks... So I've always listened to him. But that's not my official opinion until I have the oppurtunity to actually try a DELL computer, myself. But I voted HP, anyways. :)

What are you guys talking about locking up hardware?!?!?!?I have owned both Dells and HPs, and have always upgraded them one way or another, whether adding disc drives, changing the hard drive, etc. In fact, the HP I currently have has really neat mounting solutions for the disc drives and hard disk - no need to unscrew, everything is latched in place with specially designed holders.

If you absolutely must use a branded pre-built PC I would suggest a Lenovo PC. Lenovo purchased IBM's PC dept and, in conjunction with their own technology, are making good computers at good prices. Honestly though, I'd rather build my own =)

If it was out of the 2, then Dell all the way. I use Dell branded PCs at University, and their service, especially after sales is quite good. HP lock their hardwares, not suprisingly, because it got bought by compaq which does a similar thing.. and to be honest, its a good tactic, but wont get any sellers that knows computers very well.But personally, I'd rather build my own computer if it comes to a overrall preference.

Both companies are quite similar in what you get and price but from what I hear Dell is more popular. You don't lose much from choosing one over the other. If I had to choose I would go with dell.

We currently have 4 HP computers in the house. One of them is almost 8 years old and still chugging alond with both Windows and Linux on it's paltry 4 GB disk. Our newer computers are state of the art, with Intel P4 processors, 512 MB - 1 GB RAM, 80 - 160 GB hard drives, and one (mine haha :lol: ) has a LightScribe DVD burner, which I have to say, is state of the art. I haven't really had any problems with our HP computers that weren't my fault (I make almost any computer I come in contact with like mine). Only HP computers come with LightScribe drives preinstalled. I also like HP's systems better. Dell's Media Center PCs are the regular models with XP MCE instead of the regular versions, while HP has it's Photosmart PCs, and their Digital Entertainment Center living room style PCs.

Edited by michaelper22 (see edit history)

I prefer hp, beacause they have nicer looking desktops and laptops as compared to dell. I mean do you see all the styles that dell has to offer for under a thousand? The cases are all crappy and gloomy looking, while hp has nice looking cases. hp also has lighscribe techolongy which I use all the time to burn my dvds. My desktop from hp cost 1,500 but I just go it recently and has no problem with fixing it or upgrading it. Hp never locked the comp to make it un upgradable

Both made with pretty average/cheap components, with limtied uprgrade ability. . . . and not to mention hearing bad thigns about boths customer service , for when these average components fail.

Lol. I bought a HP case, I put two pentuim 2 slot 1s in it. and when I put that thing that the hard disks and cd drives back in *bump* it only went in halfway..... So it had looked weird. <_< Also.In that same case the psu when !BOOM! and when i tried to put another psu in it wouldn't fit! The screw holes were in the wrong place since the psu wasn't made by HP. :lol: All of those bad experinces make me definatly choose dell, they don't compress everthing like HP :lol:

... You can't upgrade HP PCs yourself? :-O My brother just ordered a new power-supply box, will he be able to replace his old one?I have an OLD HP PC and it's still running well after 6 years. But I hear a lot of bad things about HP... I'm going for a Dell next.

I like the flexibility of Dell computers and how they look. There's nothing wrong wiht HP, they just don't appeal to me as much.Of course nothing can beat making you own computer.