xisto Community
yusri

Creating Your Own Icon

is it possible to set up a Favicon for a Xisto host? i tryed it by uploading a favicon.ico file in the main directory but i think it didnt worked and i put <link rel="SHORTCUT ICON" href="/favicon.ico"> in the header this didnt worked too

I'd say just get a program to do it... there are lots of free ones out there... And also, I think icons have to be 256 colors...

When I saw that F2 thing I was like "that can?t be so easy". :) Anyway it?s not so difficult, I did it but I don?t remember how right now. If I?m not wrong there must be and old tutorial about using a favicon in your website here in these forums. Just use the forum search and you should find it.Of course you can do it with your Xisto account.

It's impossible to change a bmp file to an icon! You can only do that with the .gif extension with some kind of software(forgot name)!

Wrong! I just tried this and it works absolutely fine.I made a 16x16px image in photoshop, saved it as a bitmap and renamed it .ico

It worked perfectly just look at the favicon for http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ If the favicon is a blue blurred circular thing... then there you have it. (my favicon i know its rubbish! but still it proves the point.)

I decided to dig this up now I know it works ;)
Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)