xisto Community
Atomic0

Problem With Mycents

I checked my Xisto balance and none of my earnings had been deducted, except for some hosting plan that renewed automatically. I have noticed that sometimes the myCENTs rises a lot in a single post, while in a post in another section, it didn't quite earn as much in terms of myCENTs. It may be possible that the bonus calculation script may have been fixed by OpaQue.I am not sure why some people had their earnings deducted when their myCENTs where deducted during the bug surrounding the bonus giving script.

Well, I thought the system was fixed, but seems that whenever I post, I go to some positive and negative and there's no logic of how it works :mellow:It would be terrible if I would have only 1$ of balance and it would be the time to pay for the hosting with those ~6$.. :P

OpaQue seems to be quite busy and not very active at the moment, since he last visited the forum on the 26th January 2009 and last posted on 14th January 2009.I have managed to earn the myCENTs needed for a new domain I had been after before problems with the system started to appear.On the topic, I am not sure what is happening behind the scenes with the script, but generally, posting has increased my myCENTs balance. It seems like you are one of a group of people including moderator xboxrulz that have negative myCENT balances. You may try and see if you can post your way out of the negative balance.

I’m still in the negative even after several posts but then again I did start at -350 or so. I’m not very worried about the script because even though I am negative on Xisto, I received an email today saying that account was credited three dollars today. This means that what matters (getting credit and paying for my hosting) is not broken. It’s always nice to see a surplus of myCENT credits but it doesn’t really matter as long as I get credit toward hosting.

I think OpaQue's last post actually explains the issue. Basically, in the past, a bonus was given depending on the topic's popularity in terms of search engine rankings etc. However, since the script was scrapped due to those bonus deciding factor being unavailablem, the forum displayed a negative myCENT's balance on the front. However, if you earn at least 100 myCENTs and are credited with a balance in the Xisto - Web Hosting (Xisto) client area, your myCENTs on the forum display will jump back to negative, like nothing happened before.@Quatrux,Simply earn at least 100myCENTs. Then, your account at Xisto - Web Hosting (Xisto) will be credited with 1USD (or more depending on your level of posting before the conversion), and your myCENTs balance will return to the positive range.

Well in my case it happens again, myCents get negative, but i'm not sure if my earnings had been deducted :mellow: , so, again i want to see what happens after submit this post.Best regards,

I see, so it does not matter if the myCENTS are negative, just by posting I will still receive $ into my balance on the Xisto panel.. I thought I couldn't so just waited for the system to be fixed..I used to have some negative myCENTs, made them positive by some posts.. came back the next day, made some posts and got negative again, so I thought I'll never earn any myEarnings :mellow:

@Quatrux,Since your myCENTs balance is positive now, you should be fine and on your way to earnng dollars into the Xisto - Web Hosting (Xisto) balance.Originally, after seeing the negative myCENTs balance on the forum, I also initially stopped posting in the forum, deciding that it was better to wait and see if the script would be fixed first. However, after understanding what caused the negative myCENTs display, I resumed posting, and now I can confirm that you will be able to earn myCENTs and redeem in for earnings in the Xisto - Web Hosting (Xisto) balance.

Yes, by posting a little I got 1$, but still the problem is that because having negative myCents like -0.98$ to get 1$ into your balance, you need to post for 198 myCents..I also noticed that negative myCents appear after a while if you're inactive, I came back to Xisto forums to post a little and suddenly got negative from positive, but managed to get positive myCents again :mellow:

I haven't noticed any negative myCENTs for my inactivity yet (maybe because I haven't been inactive for more than a few days). But I am sure you should be OK since you have a positive myCENTs balance of 81.55 right now.About my own experience with the negative myCENTs balance, I don't think I needed to post the equivalent amount of posts to offset my negative balance of over -300 myCENTs. Somehow, it stayed around -300 myCENTs for a while, then suddenly one day I discovered it had been reset to ZERO, according to the forum display (that was why I thought an administrator had resetted it, because it is almost impossible to have a zero myCENTs balance unless you have a brand new forum account).

I must say that I have been a bad boy lately as far as replies and posts. My life is SO hectic since getting this job and leaving the stay at home dad position. But I have been able to take advantage of the myCents system. I can post here and there and this is a good example. I am in the office, and am able to post. I try to do this when I can and how I can when time allows.I think it is a great idea, and if someone doesn't have many and is beginning, it will only take a while before they can get what they need.I am glad to hear that you have taken care of this issue, and I have total respect for how much work that has been involved converting over to this system.Thanks all- skedad -

Well, how does he do it? it seems that he does not post so much to gain 13 dollars instantly, heh, as strange as it may sound, somehow his myCents doesn't update? I just get 1$ and it updates to less than 100 myCents value and thats all, I noticed that his didn't update for over a week? ;] just keeps popping in ;]

I personally think that Moderator's myCENTs balances are not automatically redeemed into credit at their Xisto - Web Hosting (Xisto) accounts, since they can get much more myCENTs from 'moderating' the forum. Also, they probably get their hosting packages free anyway, so there is not much use for their myCENTs.