xisto Community
wutske

Disable Annoying Information Bar In Ie Your current security settings put your computer at risk

I.E. wonDisable Annoying Information Bar In Ie

Suddenly I.E. Is disabling links to video or podcasts in web pages. Very annoying but I can't find the setting that allows them again. Any help will be appreciated. 

-question by John

@ iGuest:

You Sir, are a legend. That HKLM setting of yours is the only way to successfully remove the: 'Add-ons currently disabled...' warning in IE8.

Kudos to you! 

-reply by Bryn

Thank you... it worksDisable Annoying Information Bar In Ie

the registry edit you gave works on Vista with IE8. I had to create the keys, but it worked perfectly. I normally use firefox, but I have a project that requires cross-browser usage, and it was driving me nuts! thank you.

-reply by formerly-annoyed

So hereIs the run down;

FollowThis string: HKLMSoftwarePoliciesMicrosoftInternet ExplorerSecurity

RightClick on security and select Creat new DWORD;

Type"DisableSecuritySettingsCheck" Without the quotes...

NowChange the value to equal 1 instead of 0

ProblemGone. I have investigated this for 2 hours now and no luck but the string doesn't exist, You have toCreat it, then set it to active witch is denoted by a value of 1

disable ie8 information barDisable Annoying Information Bar In Ie

for the domain user,

You have to disable the ie8 informaion bar by setting a gpo on the server to disable the seurity feature.  I am not in front of my server at the moment but this is how I would do it.

Create a new GPO on the domain where the users are in AD.

tie the gpo setting to the OU which has the affected users.

all users in the OU in AD will have the same settings no matter where they login on the domain.

problem should be solved.

"To steal ideas from one is plagiarism, to steal from many is research" 

-reply by jason

I would just say Get rid of internet explorer alltogether its rubbish slow horrible design no add-ons at all it's windows default and its a waste of time every computer/laptop i get i go on internet exlorer and download chrome/firefox <-- the best!! lol i used to use internet explorer but it is just awful! I think they really should dump that browser im sure no one likes it in comparison to other browsers!

I would just say Get rid of internet explorer alltogether its rubbish slow horrible design no add-ons at all it's windows default and its a waste of time every computer/laptop i get i go on internet exlorer and download chrome/firefox <-- the best!! lol i used to use internet explorer but it is just awful! I think they really should dump that browser im sure no one likes it in comparison to other browsers!

You should stop thinking like that. If you want to be an IT engineer someday, you most cope with the fact that most of personal computers are currently sold with IE.A lot of important applications (for instance reading your account balance in your bank or asking something to Social Security people) are optimized for IE6, and very often simply stop working with other browsers.
That mean that each website you design must first work with IE6, and then of course work faster and be nicer with more modern browsers.

As I read about statistics somewhere recently, it seems that IE6 got rather very unpopular and it's usage is dropping drastically, there are much more users using IE7 and IE8 then IE6 and I think in a year or to most people won't need to worry about the page being shown differently on IE6 or moreover the page not even work properly at all.It seems that IE6 now is using 1-6% of the market :) even though it's quite a lot of people, but when some unpopular browsers were used in the past and were taking 2% of the market, a lot of designer said, I don't care, but it seems that a lot of whom cares about IE6, even though I don't, with time I guess most of the sites will upgrade their websites.

As I read about statistics somewhere recently, it seems that IE6 got rather very unpopular and it's usage is dropping drastically, there are much more users using IE7 and IE8 then IE6 and I think in a year or to most people won't need to worry about the page being shown differently on IE6 or moreover the page not even work properly at all.
It seems that IE6 now is using 1-6% of the market :) even though it's quite a lot of people, but when some unpopular browsers were used in the past and were taking 2% of the market, a lot of designer said, I don't care, but it seems that a lot of whom cares about IE6, even though I don't, with time I guess most of the sites will upgrade their websites.

ie6 is certainly not out of the picture yet, at least not completely. even in my college there are a few computers which still run the old ie6. i have managed to convince the lab faculty to switch to firefox but there are still a few people who prefer the old fashioned ie just because they are "comfortable" with it! i guess what's annoying for a few people is just a routine comfort for others!

Can you please provide more details? I've got the Group Policy applet open, but have no idea where to the specific setting you're talking about. It's buried within one of these nodes, evidently, but it's not easy to find.

Ever since Microsoft released SP2 I got realy annoyed by the fact the every single click has to be verified because the operating system thinks you are stiill a noob. One of the more annoying "features" is that windows asks everytime I want to open an executable that I downloaded or I want to run over the network. Strange enough, this is not a windows-feature but an Internet Explroer feature, so this is the place where we have to disable this.Now, because Internet Explorer thinks mallware has changed this setting, it warns you in internet explorer with an message in the information bar ("Your current security settings put your computer at risk") taking up usefull space, so I wanted to disable this (and also because I know what I do and my system is still secure even tough Internet Explorer is trying to tell me it's not).

Anyway, I finaly found a way to disable the annoying security check:

src: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It does not work! there are no options. Where do I look once I am in that msc? There are hundreds of options but I cannot find the one with the title you described