xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

What Is Best? Byethost Or Astahost? Just want to know

They are very similiar services, however, I consider Xisto to be a little better, the reason being that Byethost is lacking some of the speed that Xisto has, plus byethost sometimes redirect you to their ad ridden pages, though this problem isn't common, fortunately. Xisto does require posting at a forum, however posting here is more like your standard posts at forums and less of a chore.

The difference is that we also provide cPanel, the industry standard control panel that is favoured by many webmasters across the web. This is another advantage that we have over other hosts like Byethost who use VistaPanel for their free services and cPanel on their paid services. At Xisto, we provide cPanel to all accounts regardless if they are free or paid.xboxrulz

yup I use both, byethost for mikeflash.com and Xisto for mikesoft.com.ve.The only bad thing you could say about Xisto, is that requires forum posts to earn credits. But everything else is professional, like a paid service.About byethost, well, for starters, vista panel, which sucks. Also the speed isn't so good, and you get limited services, like few mysql databases and stuff like that.----byethost: free services that you get for free.astahost: professional services that you get for free

To the topic starter: Which would you rather have a half rate site that you can make for free or a professional site where all you have to do is be active on there forums? I think the better choice is here at Xisto but its up to you. This place is the only place I know that has Cpanel as one of there free features and if you have never had a site with Cpanel before it is awesome and I would never make another site without it.

Byethost is the worst free webhost I had ever seen. Hosting at Xisto - Web Hosting is really good and its professional. Byethost is really bad, and their redirections for mistyping or removed links are annoying. They will redirect to two new different pages and the visitor can't understand what is happening. Finally the visitor never return to your site.

Blargh, Byethost is terrible.I hate how every one of their users get only a tiny tiny part of what they can offer. Also, a lot of ads.Cannot really understand why it's so popular. I didn't try hosting at Xisto here yet (no myCENTs), but judging the reviews I can say I already start to like it more. :P

They don't have cpanel for free users which is acceptable knowing it all costs money. Why they should suffer if they are on low funds. Even tripod and angelfire doesn't give you cpanel or similar control panel features, does that make them bad ? Hell no. There are some dedicated users over there and they use it for paid and free feature.Even Xisto - Web Hosting/asta has it's issues. Technical support is non-existent here in CH, so it's similar to byethost situation here as well. How come tech support is supposed to be from forums when there is no official employee answering our questions in forums ? Isn't that unprofessional ? It is.

Every question I have had so far about Xisto has been answered within 4 hours or so on the forums. I have never used bytehost so I dont know anything about it. I used xtreemhost first and it was a good free webhost with the cpanel control however I could not use some php functions that I needed to on it

i know this is an old post, but i just feel like throwing in my opinion as i have already used byethostastahost is by far the best that i've come across for a Post to Host Free Hosting Service... i've also come across alot of other sign-up hosting services as well and they are just terrible!

I agree, I think if you want free hosting, Xisto is very good, even though it seems that the forums aren't so active as they used to be, but posting on both Xisto and Xisto to earn mycents is the best method and if you don't have time to post, you can always pay with real money as it's quite cheap, even though depends on your selected package. ;)