xisto Community
iGuest

Who Uses A Yahoo E-mail

I have been using Yahoo mail since forever. (great english that! :)) A friend recommended it to me many years ago, so i signed up and have been there since. The new version of Yahoo Mail is very nice. I especially like the weather updates on the homepage. The streamlined looks and fast response times are very nice when I'm checking my mail on the run.The keybaord shortcuts are also very nice. Makes it feel just like a desktop app. The yahoo calender is also useful for dates and reminders (though I use my PDA for most of that stuff). The news is a nice touch to the homepage, I can find out whats happening as soon as I log into my mail (though, sometimes I get distracted and forget about the mail :))I think its just as good as Hotmail/Live Mail (whatever they want to call it) if not better!

I have an account but I don't use it much.I have to say it's probably the best free email provider you'll find! I love the design, best spam filter ever and unlimited space! I've always liked Yahoo mail, I just never use it! I also like the chat thing, way better than the Gmail one too!I might start using it a bit more, I get loads of spam on what I use now!

well I used to use it a couple of years ago but for some reason I could't open for about a month and all my emails and imp documents were deleted and my account got deactivated, since then... I hate Yahoo...and Im very happy that google ate yahoo in search engines and advertising solution and now by launching Gmail, it is going to finish yahoo

I never really used Yahoo webmail for my personal usage, I preferred to use my own email clients all the time I was on computer, especially when it was 1999 and an Internet connection through a modem was slow, using an ISP pop3 and smpt accounts with an email client was a better choice and it just became a habit to use email clients, even though Today I use Google mail quite often as my webmail.. And I don't like most of email clients on Windows, Thunderbird and/or Evolution sucks! on Linux KDE there are some good ones which have their simplicity and power, in my opinion the best ever email client was YAM (Yet Another Mailer) on Amiga operating system.By the way, I have an Yahoo account, which I and some guys from the university, we use it to send some stuff, like documents, presentations and other files we can share.. and all of use have access to it :)

I use Yahoo email, but I also use Gmail and Hotmail, too. I guess I used Yahoo so I could use geocities. At the time I really liked what Yahoo geocities could do for me, but now I basically work on Xisto, so I only use Yahoo as an email client. I also use Yahoo for the movies section. A long, long time ago there used to be this phenomenon that is called chat rooms, haha. I used Yahoo Chat for a while, but only to go along with MSN Chat. So I don't have huge reasonings to why Yahoo was over anything else, because I just use them with other programs.I liked at one time using Yahoo Launch, it was used along side what I was doing online, and I could customize my music lists. I guess it is still going, but now I use project playlist for my music. So if something new would come along, I wouldn't replace Yahoo, or Yahoo email, it would be something to go along. I have different contact lists on each provider, so it's not like I have everyone on each email account.

Well, I was kinda force into using yahoo, cause I own a geocities account before geocities was bought over by yahoo. Actually all I wanted to keep is the geocities email, because I've been using it for a very long time. But slowly I move over to gmail, when yahoo decided to remove pop3 access from their free email. No doubt there are tools to over come the pop3 problem, like ypop (it was called yahoopop before getting into legal issue), but it's slow and some what having glitches from time to time, especially when yahoo change something. Don't really like the old and new interface also, it's not as productive as gmail's. So from this point onwards, never like yahoo anymore. It doesn't seems to take care of it's users interest, but instead, concentrating on squeezing money out of the users. What a shame :) . No offense for those yahoo lovers. :)

my very first email add was from Eudora, my 2nd email add was from Yahoomail which I signed up 5 years ago. Unfortunately, I lost my email address from Yahoo I was really really wondering what had happened. Was it because someone hacked into my account and changed my password? I don't think that may happened my password is a combination of 'non-standard charcaters', I mean it isn't a usual combination of characters. Could that be because of Yahoo's mail server that will not accept different kind of password combinations?..my password worked fine afterall, just 5 months ago in was gone I could not log on anymore, I don't think I forgot my username or password coz I kept a copy of it.

I got my Yahoo account about 10 years ago more or less, basically i use it as an alternate email of my hotmail account.Honestly since i got it i almost don't use it, just only a few times, but recently i start using it more and more, because i notice that Yahoo has made a good effort to make it better which is true. Now, Yahoo email is better than ever, it is more easy to use, and all the GUI has been redesigned to become a really good one, in my opinion it turns to be one of the best emails, and beleive it or not you have unlimited storagem good by to quota settings :).Best regards,