xisto Community
kiro

Typing Speed how long

I can type about 95 words per minute when typing from my own head. When copying something that is sitting in front of me, I type about 75 words per minute.

For some weird reason, I type better when the document to be typed is tangible -- as opposed to on screen. When I'm looking at words on the screen, like in that Crazy Phrases test, I go much slower, but when I write up something that needs to be typed, I can go at 80+.

I know i type about 40 words per minute but that's my slowest normally i type around 55 but i really matters if i am sore or not becuase i know now i am not typing so fast but i have blisters on both hands. I am still typing around 44 words per minute though.

My average Typing speed is about 20 words per minutes, but now I am practicing using software called "Typing Tutor 7". I am beginning to achieve some major advances where my speed was hardly 10 words per minutes

I have never tested my typing speed but it does not affect your scripts that you write. What affects how quickly a script is written has to be your planning and you knowledge of the language. If you have planned out what you need to do and how you are going to do it and if you know how you are going to implement it and are familiar with this form of implementation, then they will be completed quicker and with less errors. However, if the implementation is new to you or you just sit down and try to do the script, then if will take you atleast twice as long to complete it.

I got 73 wpm when copying something in English but I get much higher speed as I'm typing something in my own language, especially something coming from my head.-reply by Thao

Replying to beeseven250's possible. I've seen a few people around 200. The fastest I personally know is I think 141. Usually these fast typers seem to be people who are late in or just out of college. I can type about 113 wpm. Yeah, if you use AIM, YIM, MSN, etc, more, then your typing will improve dramatically.

I can only type at about 35WPM when im thinking. I dont like to type too fast, or I know I will make mistakes in the code, and if i do that, ill probably spend more time finding the errors, than i would have done typing carefully.

haha well.. i dont make programs but my average typing speed is like 80 wpm or whatever the letters are, i can go as high as like 120 though [in school we had this stupid program to supposedly improve ur typing skills, but i just used it as myspace time, since like yea i can type fast already haha ;)] and it doesnt help me really, i mean sometimes i dont think as fast as i type, or ill skip words when im typing because, im not even thinking about typing, im just moving my fingers, because i have where the keys are memorized hahah(:

On a typing test, I get about 60 WPM. However, like some have mentioned, coding takes more accuracy and thought. In a normal human English sentence, one could do this: "inn a normol humen inglis sentance" and get by with 99% of English-speakers comprehending it. Funny thing is, It took me forever just to type that example of flawed language. We have more experience in English than any computer language, and a computer doesn't recognize semantics. If I said "yo, wassup comp? Could ya say 'hello world' for us?" in Python, I'd get a long string of red text shouting at me that I was the most stupid coder in the world and that I just made more errors than words. "print 'hello world'" gets much better results in the IDLE, by the way.Sorry for going off on a weird tangent.Yes, coding does affect typing speeds negatively. And no, when you type at 60+ speeds, I don't think it helps significantly in coding. You have to think a LOT. I'm not the world's best coder (I'm quite amateur, really), but I know even good coders take more time thinking than typing.

Replying to iGuestTyping Speed

The fastest typist in this world Barbara Blackburn (Guiness Record holder), types at 172 words per minute. So if you can type at 250 wpm, better call up the Guinness guys...

-reply by Vivek

I can read and type properly about 130 or 140 wpm last time I checked and I think 147 typing my guts out trying to get faster on the typing test but it depends what I'm typing. If it's something tricky with a lot of caps and accents it slows me down to like 110wpm. If I'm just typing my whats on my mind (ie: chatting) and ignoring capitalization it seems like i'd type faster but it's kind of hard to test that. I'm surprised the record is only 172wpm. That's not as high as I would have thought it'd be.