xisto Community
kiro

Typing Speed how long

[Action]Deposits two cents into the talkbox.[/Action]

I found a site that not only tests your wpm, but also tests the accuracy of each finger! It's quite fascinating!

http://www.programmingart.com/free/utilities/typetest/

It is free to use. They also invite you to download it (also free), and implement it on your own site if you are a webmaster! I thought that might spark a bit of interest around the Trap. :(

And as for my personal achievements... I type anywhere between 80 and 130 wpm depending on what the content is. :angel:

Edited by Fractured.Logic (see edit history)

Barbara Blackburn is the worlds fastest typist at 250wpmTyping Speed

The worlds fastest typist is Barbara Blackburn and you are no Barbara Blackburn at all and I don't believe that you can type over two hundred and fifty words per minute either.  She is in the Guiness Book of World Records so I know that this is not correct here. I can type from eighty five to one hundred and four words per minute and that is not bad at all. I have been practicing and doing this for over thirty years now and I am nowhere near her record wish I were though. There are some good typing websites to visit for speed and accuracy they are entitled or the url is http://www.typingmaster.com/, learn2type.Com, and one of my favorites is powertyping.Com.  Go and use some of these websites and practice and one of these days you will be able to type over 100 words per minute. I can now say that my speed is around 104 words per minute with accuracy as well.

-reply by Danny

does age count?Typing SpeedUrr,does age count? I mean, once a person gets to their teens, will their typing skills still improve? Everyone here types so fast!! I myself find it lucky if I can type 67 words per minute, and the fastest in my class can type a little over 70 I guess, but all the people here have an average probably double mine!! It's kinda sad really...-question by No asterisk?