xisto Community
miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG

New Custom Bbcodes For This Board

Cool new things thous admins have and that highlight thingy too nice thingy :(.. Keep making such things but bad thing I don't have any ideas about new BBcodes =/..But still cool that Xisto is making new things all the time.. :(

Good work m^e. I know that these things were around before I joined, but it's still worth congratulating you for. You mentioned SMF uses a BBCode parser. How could I add my own BBCodes to SMF? (Or even Simpleboard for Mambo?)

To make custom BBCodes in SMF, you need to have some extra mods installed, Faster Parsecode and Custom BB Code. You might also need one called ModSettings Textarea.

Once you have those installed you need to the Edit Features and Options page. There will be a box where you put your Custom BB Code tags. you can add as many as you like, one per line. something like:

google <a href="http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; target="_blank">$1</a>

will give you a google tag, where the $1 is replaced by whatever the user puts between the tags. I could go into greater detail, but that might mean it would be easier to make a thread in the tutorial section. :(

Edited by brandice (see edit history)

jlhaslip, you may need to check the link you just posted... I clicked it and all it did was open a new window with the same page.

have looked over and over in google and cannot find anything that will allow music to be played using BBCode, i think you would still have to use HTML...just because BBCode is the effect of the page and not what happens on the page

Id like to get BB codes like this installed into my phpbb forums, if anyone can help please pm me. for give me a suitable link. Thanks.

Id like to get BB codes like this installed into my phpbb forums, if anyone can help please pm me. for give me a suitable link. Thanks.

i do not know about the Colsole one, but i managed to find where miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG posted the link for downloading the Note Tag information, and it can be found by clicking Here or by downloading it by clicking Here i havent put it on my site, but he posted it there, i am sure you can edit the images and make your own form of another BBcode

still not really a good explanation of what I am looking for. I mean how d you install it into a phpbb forum? Thaks for the link though.

i do not know how to add it to a PHPBB forum, or any forum for that matter, i would imagine that you would need to add it to the CSS because when you download it...it gives you a CSS file, maybe you should try adding it to your CSS file for the forums, just go into the forums directory in you FTP Client, and make sure you back-up the old one.. and just add the CSS that came with the download to the current CSS and save it to the server....but i dunno if that will work

alright I will try that, but first I need to upgrade to 150mb space. Need 10 more credits. :)

no problem, but like i said i do not know if it will work like that, you might need to make another post in the Hosted Members Section asking where to put it etc.... maybe someone else will know, and you shouldn't need 10 credits anymore, i just transfered 10 to ya

Thanks serverph.. You got some cool avatar .. BTW I forgot to mention about another pretty useless BBCode - the Horizontal Rule. Once again, similar to HTML HR tag, this one inserts a page break line - to neatly divide your content into multiple horizontal sections. This one, takes options like "noshade" or null option - and draws the line accordingly. The "noshade" option makes the line thick and solid and devoid of the standard 3D Shading.

Here's another line followed by a "noshade"-ed line.
[hr=noshade][/hr]
This is the last line of text !

majd

Notice from serverph:
what's the BIG idea of copying, and of all people, a moderator's post... WORD for WORD? <_< placed in quote tags.
copied from: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/9475-new-custom-bbcodes-for-this-board/
beating the hosting credit system eh? :lol: warning served.