xisto Community
Eclipse1405241548

How Many Think You Get To Few Credits Here? Just post it

The posting credits are fine...You got .5 probably because your post was too short. You have to be posting and replying with good feedback. The more content in your post the better your chances of recieving more credits. Plus you do know that once your credits reach a certain number it becomes harder to increase your credits right. For example, if you are very low in credits say you have less then 1 credit in your hosting day, if you make a post even a short one I believe that you recieve 1 credit for that short post. But if you post to a topic with good content then you will probably recieve 2 or 3 credits for that posting. But once you reach to the amount of 10 credits I believe that you posting credits becomes harder to attain, so more content is needed in your post to recieve more than 1 credit a post. Like they mentioned in the rules the content of your post determines the amount of credits you recieve. More importantly, the categories that you choose to reply to also affects your posting credit. For example, games is worth less than say science I believe. Becomes I guess games is less informative and I believe less of an intellecutual topic category. Plus I understand why they lessened the posting credit for games because its rather easy to post for games than it is for science because not everyone knows a lot of science. Any noobie in this forum usually go to the games section to post, because its the only topic category that they feel comfortable in.

The credits system doesnt bother me really.And eclipse, once/if u get hosting, they will go down 1 credit each day.the credits also goes on the size and quality of the post.

Eclipse, if your posts are only as short as what you posted above, you are bound to get hardly any points. Writing well structured and longer replies will enable you to get more points. Read though the announcements and help posts on this board and you will see how work has gone into the credits system! For most members, it works well!

Yeah that is true, I am getting a bit low for the first time in over a year (maybe 2 or more years actually I think), but I haven't been able to get around too much with my ISP capping my speed barely a week within each month (down to 64kbps, although seemingly slower).Other than my own problems lol, I don't see anything else wrong with the crediting system, although I have noticed some lengthy-ish and content filled posts of mine in the post get a very low credit in-take, but I don't really sit around here worrying about it.But overall I would say it's fine, and short posts certainly won't attract much at all, as others have said.

There are no problems - Eclipse just thought that the amount you get for each post doesn't change, but is always 0.5 credits. I just hope everybody knows how wrong that is - credits are calculated by checking your post length, allowing you to earn even 10 credits for one post!

Just a question, slightly off-topic, but is there a limit on how many points you can get per post? Just made me think reading this! :P

Hi, OpaQue, nice to see you back !@Jimmy : there is no real limit to the number of points, except that there is a limit of the total lenght of a single post. So, if you want to talk a very long while, you will have to cut your post in two parts.
However, if you want to really write down a long-long-long text, this would mean that you know a lot about a given subjet. Then, you should consider posting a tutororial.
The tutorials are worth more than a simple answer to a question. However, they need to be reviewed. So, this means that, for a turtorial, you cannot just input useless blah-blah, because the guy who will review your paper can become angry and consider it as simple spam.
So, as a summary, I will emphasize what all other people here said : if you want your post to be worth something, write down something interesting, with standard English sentences.
And, by the way, may I hope that the present post will be worth more than O.5 credits ?
Regards
Yordan

I don't post an incredible amount...but I've never had a problem maintaining sufficient credits to keep my hosting working. Besides, I've found that the less you have to do to maintain a hosting account on free post2host setups, the sooner they go out of business (thanks, FusionXHost...for selling off my account information to a paid host) and send you running to a new host. So I'm actually kind of glad there's a little bit of work involved in maintaining hosting here....I like this host and I don't really want to have to find a new one.

You can earn a lot of credits for just one post; it all depends on how much you write in that post. A post doesn't have a single, fixed value for credits, or else there'd probably be a lot of people who just post one-liners and get a whole bunch of credits that they don't deserve.I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with the credit system; it does reward people for the right kind of things. Although I wouldn't say that length necessarily equals quality (after all, it's very easy to bloat up your post by adding extra (big?) words here and there), but it's certainly a better measure of quality than post count.Just try to find some topic you're interested in and reply to it with lots of explanations and perhaps your insight. Or you could always write a tutorial. Of course, sometimes it's annoying when I discover that I've written something especially long in a section that doesn't count for posting credits, but that's just me not being careful enough to check the category title.

Luckily the boards have the wonderful staff that it does to make sure that most big, bloaty, pointless posts are removed so that people stick to only making big posts if the information is relevant :P Actually excluding the odd person that is new and just trying to get credits fast, people here are really good about post quality usually, I think the system in place has been honed to a point it works very well. Keeps people posting and in line so that the boards operate smoothly and keep people active.

I actually have no problems with the credit system here, I never have really really short posts, because most of the time I have a bunch of things to say, so I get 1-2 credits per post sometimes. But if I do have something short to say, I tend to extend it more by giving examples or something to prove my point. If everybody got tons of credits though per post, then this board would be totally dead, with nobody posting.

I never really had any problems with maintaining my credits when I was hosted here. As a matter of fact, I went with out posting anything for around three to four months - during the time I was planning to move over to Xisto - Web Hosting.This is as close to perfection a system can get.

Well I'm certainly not the best at maintaining my hosting credits.. Usually my longest posts are about three lines, just because I simply can't stretch my post content that much, unless I really start thinking of the longest usable words and such. Either that or maybe I should just know more things to post. So now I'm trying to work my way out of negative after a week of inactivity.Even though I'm having a hard time keeping them high, I think the credits system is really fair. Certainly not the easiest though, but... Ah well, I like this place, so no problem. The people are nice here, so that makes it a lot easier.