xisto Community
Deranged Gamers

Byethost Doesn't Work i couldnt get this going.

i tried using byethost but nothing on it worked, not even ftp. i really don't recommend it. the ftp gave me an error message that said it couldn't connect, i cant create user levels for the databases. it doesn't even have working web mail. tell me if I'm wrong but this byethost doest work

A while ago i had a site hosted on bytwhost and i had no problemsMaybe it was your account or something or something wasnt set up right...

Yeah you just got to remember that people and places can't have everything perfect all the time, you may have just gotten unlucky.Try contacting them and see the problem can't be resolved eh?

I don't like Byethost free hosting, for what I remember it was really slow, and I don't like the new control panel. (VistaPanel) Since then I started searching for free hosts with enough features for a long time, and found this place and now I'm hosted here! Xisto is way better than (free) Byethost.

This thread seems a little old. These days Byethost free host is getting better. But still with slow speed. That is one thing make me disappointed. And last month the uptime rate is not good, and they replied that because their free server was being attached by hacker. But later it seems ok and runs normal. Anyway, Xisto is better than (free) Byethost, just mentioned above like MediYama.

I'm not sure if you guys are still having issues with Byethost but I signed up to an account with them about 5 days ago and have yet to have any issues. FTP and everything has been working perfectly fine so far.I don't use it extensively though, just for testing scripts and stuff before making them "live" on my real site (I already used all my SQL accounts so pretty much I'm just using Byethost for free SQL, lol)

Its all good.Byethost Doesn't Work

To be honest I've never used the Free Hosting.  I first started with the 2.99 monthly, got a free .Info domain, and then eventually moved up up to the 6.99 monthly.  I've been with Byet host for like going on...  I think six years now and I have only ran into one issue ONCE.  And that was when I was trying to get objects from second life to a PHP program on the server.  I filed a support ticket and it was resolved in two hours.  Thats the ONLY issue I have ever had with them.  Its fast, They have only went down on me once or twice the entire time I've been using them.  I have a website monitoring service set up to watch it.  I've tried other hosts and was not satisfied, it cost me much more to get the same level of service.  

Now I will mention, that I do run into connection problems trying to get to my C-Panel from college.  But I think its something to do with the schools connection and not Byethost.  Any other place and its just fine.  So yeah, give it a try and you will all be pleasently suprised at how well this hosting service works.

-reply by TehHusky

I used Byethost for over a year as it was the best php and mysql host on the web I had found up to that point (let's face it, all the other free hosts suck), the problem with others was incompatibility issues etc. like one, it wouldn't upload css files because they were barred, yet it was on the allowed list, and I never got a response from support no matter what.Byethost were great except their php extensions for free users was very limited, the SMTP extension and GD2 extension weren't included in free hosting and their smtp filters were a major pain in the *bottom*. Also I had trouble using GreyBox (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/), basically it wouldn't load up. Also when I tried to run flash apps I had made on my website, the page containing the app would redirect to one of their sponsors instead.What Opaque has envisioned with Xisto, ks etc. is truly incredible and I not only have the utmost respect for what he is doing here, but found it to be probably the greatest webhost yet.Forget byethost (I started with a 0lx sub-account but then realised byethost was the main supplier and not a reseller option), Opaque has given you something unique and not widely broadcast, make the most of it because he is losing money but gaining respect and his dream from what he is doing here!Then I discovered this website and have not looked back since.

I used bytehost and X10 hosting once. This was just for checking the script installation. I managed to get script rolling but the issue was with the uptime. Byethost and x10 host suffer a lot from bandwidth and shared host space. I don't know if they can't keep up the bandwidth then why they offer it at first place ?. Besides that the support that they offer is very poor. You'll notice it if you ask them about your domain or hosting issue. I don't know if free hosting means getting support on our own or anything different. I think there is no point in wasting your time with such hosts.

If you can't afford posting here at asta or Xisto then you can always check other hosts where you can get hosting for monthly minimum quota. This is what i'm going to plan for sure for some of the test site that im going to get in future.

What Opaque has envisioned with Xisto, ks etc. is truly incredible and I not only have the utmost respect for what he is doing here, but found it to be probably the greatest webhost yet.

Well there are some other notable hosts like ks,asta but they differ in posting features and space/bandwidth etc. But the way these two hosting sites are made it's simply awesome. I can't think of managing such huge project with single employee that easily. Hats off to opaque for building such large empire like this.

I've never used any hosting service before Xisto - Web Hosting (fueled by Xisto and KS forums) and I've never really gotten a chance to complain much over here. There have hardly been any issues at all and although some people have complained about their support tickets getting answered late, I've somehow been lucky enough to get them answered very fast always and they solve my problems in a flash. Right now I can't afford to move to any other host, even if I had real money to spend, but I've already made up my mind that in the future, when I don't have to depend on myCENTs for paying my hosting fee, I will still stick to Xisto - Web Hosting for as long as the company and I exist :) Regarding byethost I can't really comment because I haven't used it before, but I'm sure compared to Xisto - Web Hosting, it won't be superior - we're with the best!

Well I can definitely vouch to the fact that while Byethost isn't the worst, it's also so slow and tempermental that it is only a hairline above the other rubbish free hosting sites...to be expected though I guess....Astahost all the way! :P