xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Huntzoru

How To Play World Of Warcraft For Free! 100% legal

FailureHow To Play World Of Warcraft For Free!

Blizzard knows about the **** that goes on with private servers. They could care less, because regardless, they make money. More people play on 1 server of WoW than all WoW private servers all together.

-reply by Easan

Private ServersHow To Play World Of Warcraft For Free!

ALl in all, private servers may be fun and enjoyable fo ra set period of time (as well as free) but neither of them have what the real game has to offer (obviously). For instance, many bugs may be present on a private server and will most definetly hinder gameplay.

Furthermore, scripts are a lot different which takes away the overall experience and challenge players seek in WoW. I for one am one for raiding and find it outlandishly boring to fight a boss that only does auto attack...

Closing thought: Private Servers are just not worth it. Your best bet is to either get a job to help pay for the fees or (if you're a bit younger) help around the house and see if your parents can repay you in game time. 

Stuff To Think AboutHow To Play World Of Warcraft For Free!

Blizzard isn't one person incapable of changing his/her behavior or views.

Blizzard is hundreds of people, all with different views on what should be done to/about people on private servers.

World of Warcraft is/was no easy game no create, expand, and retain (Fixing bugs, copyright issues, stuff like that)

And you can get the full version of WoW on their site for free, or borrow a friend's disc and install from it. (These methods require a guest pass key to use however, but they are free (To give away.))

Or just buy the disc.

But none of those give them justice for the money involved in all of this, so most people at Blizzard aren't just going to go "Yeah, steal from us en masse, who cares?"

If Blizzard will be mad, knows about it, (Remember, blizzard isn't a person) or will take action on you, is mostly a grey, just like the legality of it all.

hey, it's only illegal if they catch you.

after reading all of the previous comments I understand most of what to do but I'm not sure if I would be able to copy the server thing because I'm not that great with computers so could someone please shed some light on that part (because I don't want to go out and buy the game if I cant do this)

and even if blizzard knows about this has anyone ever been fined or anything?

-reply by clipp

Play WoW for free?How To Play World Of Warcraft For Free!

Well, it isn't all that hard to change your original WoW server into a WoW private server.

Once again, it is legal and Blizard does not care. Personally, I use a private server at home called worldcraft:: "worldcraft.Info" is the site. This can be one of the only normal-like servers that are private for WoW. The rest have crazy high rates and stuff...Which get boring after around a week, because you max out your character.

Just go to that site, "worldcraft.Info", and then press the link that says "how to play". It will have a download client ready, and for free.

When you follow the instructions, everything should be fine.

To bring up your "realmlist.***" as it says in the instructions, you need an app on your computer known as "notepad" EVERY computer has this already, so it will be there. Bring up Notepad, find the realmlist file, and drag it into the Notepad.That's how you edit it. Remember, one small mistake and your game could be screwed.

Have fun :)

This is illegal it's only really good if you allready play wow so you can see some of the really good weapons then again half of the weapons are fake, and half quests are and there is no auction house well there is but you lose your item when you put it in there! And they all make you stats go crazy and all drops crazy you can get to level 80 in like a day which is pointlessly annoying its only £10 a month.. theres no point in world of warcraft private servers they are like a really really bad copy of a game, there is no point trying it.If you want to play world of warcraft just pay for it!

This is illegal it's only really good if you allready play wow so you can see some of the really good weapons then again half of the weapons are fake, and half quests are and there is no auction house well there is but you lose your item when you put it in there! And they all make you stats go crazy and all drops crazy you can get to level 80 in like a day which is pointlessly annoying its only ÂŁ10 a month.. theres no point in world of warcraft private servers they are like a really really bad copy of a game, there is no point trying it.If you want to play world of warcraft just pay for it!

while it's true that it's always better to go legit and pay for what you want, i feel the better option here is to stop playing world of warcraft altogether. in the beginning it was really fun as it offered an escape to a virtual fantasy land and when it was introduced the concept of mmorpgs was just starting to get popular, and so the game appealed to a huge audience. but today everyone from a school kid to a retired person has a busy schedule to fill and fitting world of warcraft in that seems to be an utter waste of time. that too paying a monthly fees for playing the same kind of game every month isnt a very appealing idea. sure they introduce new quests,etc into the game but its monotonous if seen on a large picture.then there's the battle for the private server versus the paid server. some players get ahead of the legit players and show off their characters proudly and all this fills the legit players with guilt and remorse. why all this mess just over a video game?! so don't you think its better to stop playing altogether? its a much better option and although in the starting it might be boring and difficult to get rid of the addiction, in the long term the players will feel much better not having to keep up with the game world.

while it's true that it's always better to go legit and pay for what you want, i feel the better option here is to stop playing world of warcraft altogether. in the beginning it was really fun as it offered an escape to a virtual fantasy land and when it was introduced the concept of mmorpgs was just starting to get popular, and so the game appealed to a huge audience. but today everyone from a school kid to a retired person has a busy schedule to fill and fitting world of warcraft in that seems to be an utter waste of time. that too paying a monthly fees for playing the same kind of game every month isnt a very appealing idea. sure they introduce new quests,etc into the game but its monotonous if seen on a large picture.then there's the battle for the private server versus the paid server. some players get ahead of the legit players and show off their characters proudly and all this fills the legit players with guilt and remorse. why all this mess just over a video game?! so don't you think its better to stop playing altogether? its a much better option and although in the starting it might be boring and difficult to get rid of the addiction, in the long term the players will feel much better not having to keep up with the game world.

I suppose any way world of warcraft is boring :) its really only good at level 80...

I suppose any way world of warcraft is boring :) its really only good at level 80...

yeah a better thing is to play the pc game - warcraft instead of the online world of warcraft. online play is fun but only for a brief time. and after reaching level 80 in world of warcraft you'll still be feeling a sort of emptiness, and a desire to do something more. of course there will be a sense of achievement but it will be shortlived and you will always be wanting more and the addiction will never stop! :D so if you haven't already started its better not to start only

I donHow To Play World Of Warcraft For Free!

Blizzard just sued a guy for 88 million dollars for creating a free server.It is not legal at all, they just done have time to go and stop themAll. It's funny how people just decide on their own that something isLegal. Duh, it is obvious copyright infringement. Blizzard has anEncryption on their packets so in order for the free server to existThey would have to reverse engineer the game client to steal theEncryption code and the encryption key to make their server work. SoRight there you have stolen copyrighted material and that makes itIllegal. 

-reply by rockstylex

On the contrary my friendHow To Play World Of Warcraft For Free!

This forum seems to be quite against private servers. The ones you havePlayed are obviously terrible ones infested by idiots. From experienceI have found that the servers near the top are horrible monstrositiesThat no one with half a brain should play. However, look down the top100 list and you will find servers called "Blizzlike" servers. TheseAre servers that are designed primarily for vanilla WoW with the optionOf having custom content. Onto the argument of there being "No players"In private servers, there are 200,000 in Molten WoW alone, so that isNot true. Finally, the legitimacy of Private Servers...

There is a lotOf controversy about this but technically, most of them are legal. ThisIs because most private servers are based in Mexico where it is legalAnd they are outside of United States law. IMO, these days PrivateServers are the way to go, you just have to find the right one. $20 aMonth for a game that looks like a Saturday morning cartoon simplyIsn't worth it and clearly Blizzard is charging far too much.

-reply by james

Replying to iGuestThe guy who got sued for 88 mil was making money through microtransactions - in effect stealing potential money from Blizz, thus they frowned big time and got their greedy hands on the poor felows livelyhood... Well done blizzard, just go and make poverty.

First off, there is no such thing as "legal" that would have to do with the law, since were an end-user (and unless your copy-writing).Against a companies rules is not the same thing as being illegal with the law. But yes, private servers are completely against Blizzard'sEULA - and they can, and will ban your main account on their servers for doing that. Private servers get shut down all the time,because blizzard's lawyers go after them. Next time, it would be good to read your EULA (end-user licensing agreement), insteadof guessing. =)

Edited by xamire (see edit history)

First off, there is no such thing as "legal" that would have to do with the law, since were an end-user (and unless your copy-writing).Against a companies rules is not the same thing as being illegal with the law. But yes, private servers are completely against Blizzard's
EULA - and they can, and will ban your main account on their servers for doing that. Private servers get shut down all the time,
because blizzard's lawyers go after them. Next time, it would be good to read your EULA (end-user licensing agreement), instead
of guessing. =)

it's dumb, i mean if everyone get's their own copy of WOW... why can't someone setup a server for free use be made available?

blizzard's EULA for WOW is really stupid and selfish... maybe if they were offering the game copies for FREE and make their money through Online Service would be fair...

but they are really making big time bucks on WOW, their most successful product so far

it's dumb, i mean if everyone get's their own copy of WOW... why can't someone setup a server for free use be made available?
blizzard's EULA for WOW is really stupid and selfish... maybe if they were offering the game copies for FREE and make their money through Online Service would be fair...

but they are really making big time bucks on WOW, their most successful product so far

While I wish they were more free, and open with their policies (like diablo II was) wow cost blizzard around 800 Million so far, between upkeep,
expansions, patches, and the initial 5 years before the game came out in 2004. Now I know they have made fortunes off of it, but it's intended to
be a pay for service only video game. Quite honestly though, this expansion (cataclysm) is lacking for my taste, so to me, I simply won't pay, or play that.
Rather play things like Just Cause II, or something equally entertaining.

Still though, just because a company makes millions, billions, or trillions, doesn't mean you can steal from them, no matter what the company is.
The service only 15 bucks a month, and it's just the fact that they have an insane amount of subscribers - that's where they get their income. Between
that, and transfers / changes / etc. If blizzard had started out bad, they would have ended up like many other "dust in the wind" massively multi-player online role playing games.
It's the truth that stands out - Blizzard created an awesome game. Better than anyone had ever seen, or imagined. It was smooth, fluid, completely open world. These guys poured their
hearts and souls into this project for 5-6 years, before it was ever purchasable. Not to mention spent around 86 million in costs (just on wow) before it ever hit store shelves. (ouch)
This game was not easy, and not cheap to make - not by a long shot. And yes, now Blizzard gets rich, because they worked hard, and put out an epic product that everyone wanted
to buy. ;)

While wow is their most successful, Blizzard has been making games since the 80's under the company "silicon and synapse" and they built an entire company from making gameboy games, and
a few Nintendo games (lost vikings). They were successful at making the first, second, third warcraft, and then surpassed that by making wow. Starcraft I, and Starcraft II are big, big sports in Korea, and many other countries. People get paid to play it, and they show it on many channels in Korea alone. It's the top sport there. Then we have my favorite - the Diablo Series. The Diablo series was
actually created by a company named "Condor Games" and they showed their starting work on the first Diablo, to Blizzard, to help them get published as a game, and on store shelves. Blizzard worked
with them, in collaboration, to get their project looking good, and to Blizzard's publishers (they had another company handle their stuff back then). Well when the first project was looking like a masterpiece (Diablo I) Blizzard purchased Condor Games, and renamed them to "Blizzard North". Just like all of the Starcraft, and Warcraft series of games, Diablo I was selling like hotcakes. It was the same exact thing for Diablo II, and now they're almost complete with Diablo III - which will be the new "wow" this year (hopefully). Although Diablo III isn't created by the main designers of the first, and second one, It still has that sharp
Blizzard's shiny polish, and the game play looks fantastic!

This company has gone through quite a bit, and still is very strong, because they're good at what they do. They have the best artists, coders, designers in the world (give or take).
Even though this company makes a ton of money, a majority of that goes to the stockholders, and they would shut the doors on the company if margins fell too much, even if they're
still making decent profit. We don't want that to happen.