xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Huntzoru

How To Play World Of Warcraft For Free! 100% legal

I agree about that what you have written, they don't care if 15$ dollar dose not come come to them because they are getting alot of dollars every month, I have a magazine about PC Games(Games For Windows 2007),in the magazine it was written that millions of players have joined WOW,you can now just imagine of how many money will they get 15x100000 = 1500000$ which is alot -reply by Stirker

Wowscape is unreliable.

How To Play World Of Warcraft For Free!

WoWscape is NOT a great private server for those people out there who are desperate for a good laugh on WoW! Now, saying that its good for some people but personally I don't really like it. It doesn't work for many people (such as myself!!) It works for some people and they say it is fantastic. But, people do NOT use WoWscape as it is very unreliable!!

-reply by wowkid

How do you change from a private server to the normal server for WoW?

I was on the normal server for WoW then decided to play for free through a private server. Now it's gone and I want to change back to the normal server in order to play WoW. But, I don't know how to change back. Can anyone help me?? Thanks, D.

you mean you changed the realmlist file in your WoW folder to connecto to the private server?

if you want to change that just edit that file again, but change the values to this:

set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com

remember to open the game using the launcher, as you will be prompted to download a patch in case there's a new version out there.

If you can't play even after changing the realmlist, then run the repair.exe in your wow folder, that should work, but it takes several minutes to repair your installation and rolls your installation back to 2.0, so you will need to download patches again.

I personally have done a private server and its really not fun at all...theres are like 5 other dudes on the server and its cheap and not worth your time. The idea and concept is good and it does work however just be for warned if you do this you are at risk to get caught and its really worth the 15 dollars you pay for the real game.

Reply to how to play WoW for free

Replying to Huntzoru

Well, you certainly won't be the only person online if you pick a good Private server.
I don't think Blizzard cares much, because they got 8 million people playing, so the couple of thounsands on Private are nothing to them.

They might even like it because some of the Private-players could tranfer to Blizzard.
I have played the official Blizzard serversm and am on a private server now. Approx. 100-200 people online at any given time. It's a PvP server which is trying to stay true to the 'real' Blizzard servers as possible. So no hacks, weird balance or anything.

If you wanna try it; install WoW normally (I won't tell how to get WoW)
And change the realmlist.*** file.
The server I play on (best I ever found) is Aleajecta. 

-reply by Phoenix

Of course blizzard gets angry, they are greedy and want to FORCE you into paying their $15 a month, that is too high for a game like WoW.

I just had to respond to this. I mean how dare a company actually want to "force" some one to pay for their product. Darn Reece's for forcing me into buying peanutbutter cups instead of giving them to me. And darn it all why doesn't Ford just give me the Mustang GT I deserve?

Just thought I would add a private server is a huge and I mean HUGE security risk to your pc.

There are some very large Private servers holding like 5k people.Its true most the time its fairly empty (compared to WOW)On the private servers you get like 300+ people!Finally its not illegal to take a games code like WOW, runescape, Quake, mafiadeath or anything else for that matter... And have a (Private) server!Its only illegal if you charged people to play on your private server!Sean-reply by seany

private server

I don't trust this private server thing it is illegal and it may be boring because there are no people playing on it and it is better to play the original WoW you know and it is no risk of getting court by police or wat ever

-reply by predator

I ve played on a privite server for almost a year and I also play at blizz but I foind I'm always going back to play there, Blizz are not nazis and they understand that not every one can afford to play wow on official servers, hense part of blizzs GMs job is to moniter privite server forums ect, I'm sure if Blizz wanted to get nasty they would be able to close most of these servers down, so my avice is if you can afford to play on Blizz then do it but reseach your server, for example if you speak English going on moulton core server is no good as its full of russians, but if you can not afford it them play on a privite server and don't worry the secret Police are not going to kick your door in-reply by Heiniken

Private server

Haha, I agree with you Darasen, you cannot say Blizzard forces you to pay anything, just don't play WoW!

I disagree on your statement that using private server is a security risk however, that makes no sense at all :D

A private server let you play the real World of Warcraft, only not on the servers from Blizzard. Ofcouse this will mean a lower population, but it's never empty. At least not at the server I play at. (Aleajecta)

If played on the official Blizzard two years before I moved to Aleajecta, and I really like it! You can play WoW whenever you want, without having to worry about the payment.

If you want to try it, use your normal World of Warcraft installtion (no weird cracks or other illegal stuff needed)

And made an account on http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ It's all explained there.

-reply by David

Actually, wow private servers are legal, blizzard just wants you to think they are not, they have tried sueing them and taking legal action but have always lost because they are breaking no laws, as long as you legally own a copy of wow, you are free to do what ever you want with it, Servers like wowscape actually have about 2-3k people on each of their 4 servers all the time, and it OWNS!!FREE = EPIC WIN!

there is another way

I came across this website late one night where you sign up for free and complete surveys and stuff to get points and get rewards one of which is a prepaid wow card but they have others like xbox things wii things you can even preorder games like wotlk heres the link

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

-reply by jesus