xisto Community
richierich1m

How Do I Send SMS To Mobiles Through My Site

I want to send sms to my users through my website ,is there any way to do it with php or any other sofware,what i want is to help my users get their private message alerts on their cell phones, is there anyway to do it without tieing up with the smm providers on the web ,like they tell to pay you few cents per sms ,is there anyway i can do it free, like cani become a provider just like them ,or make a way like, if a user agrees to pay for alerts ,than whenever an alert goes the amount gets deducted from the user's cell phone , i am a newbie ,so dont know much hoe things work in cellphones and web interface ,any help is appreciated ;)

I want to send sms to my users through my website ,is there any way to do it with php or any other sofware,what i want is to help my users get their private message alerts on their cell phones, is there anyway to do it without tieing up with the smm providers on the web ,like they tell to pay you few cents per sms ,is there anyway i can do it free, like cani become a provider just like them ,or make a way like, if a user agrees to pay for alerts ,than whenever an alert goes the amount gets deducted from the user's cell phone , i am a newbie ,so dont know much hoe things work in cellphones and web interface ,any help is appreciated
;)

Yes, i'm pretty sure that it is possible, but as you, i am a newbie in this especific area of development -never work with it ;) -, so, i recommend you to visit the php classes website where you can find a lot of php classes that will help you to do it.

Best regards,

i visited the php classes website and found a good php script that can send sms messages. Works great! there are also a few others that i havent tried but dont look half bad.good luck-jimmy

I work for a cell phone company. As a user of one though I constantly use google sms (https://www.google.com/mobile/sms/). So you must be able to do this if were accessing google info through sms. Facebook does it as well.Im kind of interested in this myself I know that you can rent a 5 digit cell phone number for calling or sms (dreaded premium messages). Even if you just had a cell phone with a nothing plan (can receive unlm sms on most providers) you could connect it and write a script that uploads the info to mySQL.-Jordan

With verizon, you can send text messages to an email and process them accordingly using a php script. and sending them is just as easy. to send to the number (843)-888-9944 on verizon, the email address is8438889944@vtext.comand it will usually (not always if they have an alias) come from taht address as well. that's what I use.

Which script did you end up using?

How Do I Send SMS To Mobiles Through My Site

Replying to Jimmy89

Which code did you end up using...I am looking for something similar. Do you get to send unlimited SMS messages? and is it reliable?

SMS from my custom websiteHow Do I Send SMS To Mobiles Through My Site

HI,

I want to send bulk sms from my website.Can someone jus guide me on how to carry over this.

I'm implementing it in asp.Net and language C#.

Regards

Raj.

to pass the sms tamil or hindi or kannada to mobile application.How Do I Send SMS To Mobiles Through My Site

I changed from english to some other languages(tamil ,telugu,hindi).I want to send to mobile application as I typed.But I can able to send mobile application.One thing is ,the person(receiver) cant able to see the languages.He can see only some illegal characters.I changed him to the language which I have sent.Example I sent him msg to hindi.And I changed to hindi from his mobile.But the value is not coming.Only the illegal characters coming.Is there any format I should change before I send to sms in php.Pls help me anything I should encrypt or decode som ething..Pls help me

-reply by devaraj

I want to recieve sms on a computer and process them.How Do I Send SMS To Mobiles Through My Site

Hi friends,

I have some work for which I want to recieve sms through a number and then I want to convert them in a form which can be easily processed in any language for certain out comes. I have made everything but m unable to convert these texts in a processable form.Does any one knows anything about it?

/txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley5.Gif

If you know any scripts to put them in a sql database or convert them so that they can be used as text in some place please do give me the link...

/txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley1.Gif

-question by Crazy

SEND SMS THROUGH YOUR WEBSITEHow Do I Send SMS To Mobiles Through My SiteWhat is so unclear... Guys you can not send SMS unless you use some SMS gate way to move your messages from websver to the telecom server. Servage is one of the providers with one such option. You might want to TRY 160by2. They offer a free service to send SMS through e mail. So if you could generate some PHP script to send a email to a specific phone number in a specific format and from a specific e mail address then you will be able to send text messages using your website.I have a sample script slightly altered by me but needs further alterations.-reply by amar

Right to help clarify things and help people to better understand I am going to write a short tutorial here on how to send an SMS from your site using PHP to secure the SMS form, and using Clickatell (UK users visit Clickatell UK) as your SMS gateway.

Sending an SMS from your site will require you to sign up to Clickatell and purchase credits from them. The credits system is easy to understand, you are charged a certain amount of credits per SMS sent, currently purchasing 1-9999 credits will cost 1-1.5 credits per SMS depending on what network you are sending to which is around GBP0.027p per SMS. Once you have signed up for your account with them (it's free) then you will have 10 test SMS.

Next we will create the html form which will send our SMS and the secure login form to prevent those without the password from sending an SMS. The password to send an SMS will be the same as the password you use to login to Clickatell.

Here is the PHP and HTML code for you to copy and paste.

<?php   session_start();   $configusername = 'USERNAME';   $configpassword = 'PASSWORD'; $configapiid = 'API ID'; if (isset($_GET['logout'])){   unset($_SESSION['usesms']);   } if (isset($_POST['name']) && isset($_POST['pass']) && ($_POST['name'] == $configusername) && ($_POST['pass'] == $configpassword)){   $_SESSION['usesms'] = true;   } if (isset($_SESSION['usesms']) && ($_SESSION['usesms'] == true)){   ?>   <form action="http://api.clickatell.com/http/sendmsg" method="post" name="sendsms">   <table width="600" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="#999999" style="border:1px solid #000000;">   <tr>   <td colspan="2" align="center" valign="middle"><strong>Send SMS</strong> </td>   </tr>   <tr>   <td align="right" valign="middle">Mobile Number</td>   <td align="left" valign="middle"><input name="to" type="text" /></td>   </tr>   <tr>   <td colspan="2" align="center" valign="middle"><textarea name="text" cols="60" rows="3" id="text" style="width: 100%;"></textarea></td>   </tr>   <tr>   <td colspan="2" align="center" valign="middle"><input name="sendtext" type="submit" id="sendtext" value="Send SMS" /> <input name="logout" type="button" id="logout" value="Logout" onClick="document.location='<?php echo "http://".$_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'].$_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']; ?>?logout=true';" />   <input name="user" type="hidden" value="<?php echo $configusername; ?>" />   <input name="password" type="hidden" value="<?php echo $configpassword; ?>" />   <input name="api_id" type="hidden" value="<?php echo $configapiid; ?>" /></td>   </tr>   </table>   </form>   <?php   }   else {   ?>   <form action="" method="post" name="login">   <table width="600" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" bgcolor="#999999" style="border:1px solid #000000;">   <tr>   <td align="center" valign="middle"><strong>Login</strong> </td>   </tr>   <tr>   <td align="center" valign="middle">Username   <input name="name" type="text" /></td>   </tr>   <tr>   <td align="center" valign="middle">Password   <input name="pass" type="password" /></td>   </tr>   <tr>   <td align="center" valign="middle"><input name="login" type="submit" id="login" value="Login" />  </tr>   </table>   </form>   <?php   }   ?>

So first of all we start the session. This is essential because we will be storing a variable in the session which tells our page that we have logged in succesfully and are authorised to send SMS from this site.

Now we have three different variables that need setting, $configusername, $configpassword and $configapiid. Change the text between the two speechmarks ' ' to your Clickatell username and password. You can get the API key from the API settings page when logged in to your account on Clickatell. The username and password you enter here is also the username and password required to login to this script and send SMS.

Next up we have two IF statements. These test to see if the user has either tried to login or is logging out. If the logout variable has been set by clicking the logout button, this creates a $_GET variable which we test to see if it is set. If it is we unset() the $_SESSION variable that tells our script we are logged in. Unsetting this variable now means our script will read us as not logged in and take us to the login screen. The second IF statement checks that we have entered both a username and password in the login screen and submitted the form, and also verifies the username and password is the same as those entered in the $configusername and $configvariables defined on lines 3 and 4. If they do match, we create a variable in the session called $_SESSION['usesms'] and set the value to true. This now means with this session variable set, when ever we visit this page it will take us to the send sms page, at least until we either logout or the session variable expires.

Now we can start with our html. Before this we need to know which page we are going to display, is the user logged in or not? so the IF statement tests for the existence of $_SESSION['usesms'] and if it finds it, we can display the html for the send sms page, ELSE we display the login page. So the send sms form has an action which is set to http://api.clickatell.com/http/sendmsg, this is where Clickatell has told us to send all API requests. So the information we submit on this page will be sent to this address and processed by Clickatell.

The key form elements are list below and what information is contained within each one. These are some editable elements and others are hidden elements containing values with ESSENTIAL element names.

"to" - This is the mobile number you are sending this message to. Don't forget to include the area code ;)

"text" - The message you are sending. If this is over 160 characters in length, it will send as multiple messages and cost more.

"user" - Here we echo the $configusername variable with our Clickatell username.

"password" - Here we echo the $configpassword variable with our Clickatell password

"api_id" - And again, echo the $configapiid variable with our Clickatell API ID.

These are the variables that Clickatell will pick up and process. We have all the essential information we need, it should all be ready to go. You can now upload your script to your web host or local server (remember, it needs to have PHP support) and try out one of your free test messages to your own mobile phone. The test message will be processed the same as any other message however it will not forward the message body and will instead be along the lines of "This is a test message sent from the Clickatell server".

So that is how you can send SMS messages from a web page. Be careful not to let your username and password fall in to other peoples hands otherwise they could spend all your Clickatell credits.

Clickatell also provides you with incoming SMS messages as well, and I think they allow you to make a profit from them if you choose to charge for incoming messages. If incoming messages are enabled on your account, there is a way to extract the data and display them on your own web page as well, but since I have never meddled in that side of Clickatell I haven't written any scripts for this feature sorry.