xisto Community
Murphy11211

Need Help Changing MTU Settings For XBox

G'dayIm trying to get my xbox 360 work on xbox live and I'm using a rather hybrid connection. Instead of buying the extra wireless adaptor I've connected my laptop to it (via an ethernet cable) and then bridged the laptops wireless and wired connections.All the network checks work fine on the xbox EXCEPT for the MTU settings, the 360 says it should be at least 1364, but mine is set too 1500, I called up the xbox live tech support and they said it might be to high, but I cant for the life of me figure out how to change the settings.I have a Buffalo Airstation Access point (model WHR-G54S). I've searched around a lot but I cant find anything usefull. And I can't seem to get in contact with their technical support.Thanks for any help.

Hi, First of all welcome to the forums,I have a dig around and it seems that this router is some kind of Linksys clone.I would go have a look at thier forums and have a browse.I would point out tho that that range of routers comes with one that you cannot change the MTU on..but I am pretty sure that the "S" variable router is changeable.Good Luck and post back any findings so we have them on our forum..thats what we are all about you see :PMarky;)

well this number G54S is also a linksys model number..they change the first part like WHR or WDR but they are all based on the same G54S chassis.

So look up Linksys G54S MTU or something like that,
Heres a bit of text i found on a linksys page about changing MTU size..

You can change the setting on the Setup page of the software by putting a tick in the radio button for MTU "Enabled". Then change the default number to 1492 for DSL, leave it at 1500 for cable. Save settings at the bottom of the page. So far so good with this change. You might contact online chat support for more info.If you change the MTU setting while connected you may lose your connection at that point. Should come back after you reopen your browser.

Hope this helps!

u should try to tone down the MTU to the 360 recommended MTU setting. Even I had an old Linksys, I had the MTU perfectly ok and now I have a Netgear instead, but that's not the point.Just try a lower MTU on your router.xboxrulz

How do i change the MTU on my modem?

Alright heres the deal...I just got an xbox 360 and now I'm trying to hook it up to xbox live but I cant b/see the test connection results show that mtu has failed.

I have a siemens speedstream 5200 modem and I would like to know how to change the mtu. Right now it says that its set on 1500 which the recommended mtu on xbl is 1364 so I need to tone it down. If anyone knows how to do this your advice would be much appreciated.

-halo freak182

Changing MTU

I am also trying to connect to X-box life but I do not know alot about routers and gateways. How do you change the MTU settings on a Mortorola SURFboard Cable Modem. To be more exact a SB5105

-Nate the Greatest

Need help changing my mtu so i can connect to xbox live

I don't know much about computers. I have a speed stream 5200 modem in which I've connected my xbox to, via an ethernet cable. When I test my connection on my xbox 360, the tests all pass, except for the MTU test. I am trying to figure out how I can change my mtu to 1364, but I am clueless where to begin. Thanks

-question by corey08

Need help changing my mtu so i can connect to xbox live

I don't know much about computers. I have a speedstream 5200 modem in which I've connected my xbox to, via an ethernet cable. When I test my connection on my xbox 360, the tests all pass, except for the MTU test. I am trying to figure out how I can change my mtu to 1364, but I am clueless where to begin. Thanks

-question by corey08

Might it not be that the xbox is referring to the MTU size that your laptop uses on your laptop's ethernet connection ? At least, that was the first thing that came to my mind when reading your post :) .

Hi everyone having problems try this just turn off you firewall on your router that worked for me. I couldn't even connect to limewire without doing that-reply by Mike Story

What Is Happening?

Hi People I have The BT Business Hub (Router). It seems like every hour and a half my xbox live account gets signed out. I quickly run tests on this and it says MTU failed. My seting were originally 1500. So I toned it down to 1364. But this still happens we have had engineers come round and they cannot fix this problem. So we are thinking about goin with virgin media. Does any one know why this happens? this problem is rather annoying. When this problem happens the broadband light flashes and reconnects in like 2 minutes! I don't understand this problem and I have done everyting to solve it! does anyone know any solutions? thnakyou for your time. Rossbonno

-reply by rossbonno

xbox live

Hey I got a xbox 360 consolle and a wireless thingy that is made for it, but when I try to connect to xbox live it stands the MTU needs a minimum of 1364.

Where do I change it?

-reply by Crazyman

You should just be able to access your mtu settings. On a netgear one open up explorer and type in 192.168.0.1 and then admin for the username and password for the password (unless changed). Then scroll down to WAN setup and you should see something to do with MTU where you can type in your own prefrence...Mine has to be between 1 - 1500...Good luck

HELP MENeed Help Changing MTU Settings For XBoxI have a BT Homehub thing and have no idea how to change its MTU settings it says its too lowPlease, please help I only just got Xbox Live going!-question by willneedshelp