xisto Community
Murphy11211

Need Help Changing MTU Settings For XBox

MTU ProblemsNeed Help Changing MTU Settings For XBox

hey I got a ericsson w25 router and I got the mtu problem to I want to know if anyone help me with this because I just bought the xbox and I want to play online... Thanks

-reply by IGuest

mtu settings Need Help Changing MTU Settings For XBox

I changed it to 1400 twice it still wont work ive changed my router used a ethernet cable nothing works but its not my xbox can somebody help????/txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley7.Gif 

-reply by luke96

Adjusting MTU on an Ericsson W25 wireless modem/router for Xbox liveNeed Help Changing MTU Settings For XBox

Can anyone shed some light - Ive been trying to connect to xbox live through my Ericsson W25 wireless modem/router - This modem works of a sim card but I plug the xbox in via ethernet (even without anything else connected) I get the MTU message in the final stage of connecting. Download speeds on this modem are around 2.5-3mb. Is it possible that you just cant connect to xbox live using a wireless modem/router like this??? Please help - JohnnyLimbo350.

-question by JohnnyLimbo350

hi, I just bought a 360 and when I tried to connect to xbox live all the tests passed except the MTU. It says the MTU setting on your router is too low. See I have a netgear wireless router and I have no idea how to change the MTU setting on it. I need step by step directions on how to find the MTU on my router configuration web page.

- Roni 

Belkin N Wireless modem-routerNeed Help Changing MTU Settings For XBoxNeed help with my MTU settings anybody know it for a Belkin and Wireless modem-router?-reply by Cris

Need help with mtu settingsNeed Help Changing MTU Settings For XBox

I Have a "Dell Wireless 2350 Broadband Router" and I cant seem to find the MTU settings on it. To change it to 1364 or higherell Wireless 2350 Broadband Router Dell Wireless 2350 Broadband Router 

-reply by Kurt Vicknair

Hooking up xbox to a routerNeed Help Changing MTU Settings For XBox

I am trying to hook up my sons Xbox to a router and when we did the self test from his Xbox the response we received said that there was a bad connection from the router to the Xbox. I was wondering if it just may be the cable that I am using or if it is the connection inside the Xbox (which I was told that it might be) is there a way to switch the connection without taking the Xbox apart which would void the warranty.

-reply by Dave

I have a sbg900 and I cant get my connection to go through and I have been trying to change the numbers for my MTU and it is still not working anyone have any bright ideas??

Thanks

sbg 900Need Help Changing MTU Settings For XBox

I have a sbg900 and I cant get my connection to go through and I have been trying to change the numbers for my MTU and it is still not working anyone have any bright ideas??

Thanks

-reply by Justin Hodge

should i buy another new routerNeed Help Changing MTU Settings For XBoxI have a recently bought a belkin and+ router which I replace with myold router which came standard with my cable connection (think it wasnetgear router) but the previous router was only a G hence why I boughtan and+ for better connection and speed so I was told, but ever sincethe switch I have problem after problems with connection to xbox live,mostly being told that ports are block, which I think I solved but nowbeing told I need to correct my mtu settings, which I have no idea whatthat even means. Am starting to believe belkin router are the worst topurchase for xbox live. Their customer service is no good as they haveme bouncing back to xbox customer service/ virgin customer service. Anyideas on what I can do? or which router is ideal for gaming with a and+range. My current useless belkin is Belkin_N+_2C2B8C it works perfectlybrillant for web browsing , but not for xbox live

Many thanks-reply by robert

I FOUND OUT HOW TO CHANGE MTUNeed Help Changing MTU Settings For XBox

if u have Linksys go to start bottom left of ure screen type in run then another search bar will appear so type cmd then in the black screen type ipconfig and ure port number ( ip adress) will show up. Now go to the internet and type in ure port number in the search bar then a website will appear u should be able to find MTU iths on the first page and just set it to auto 

-reply by chris

MTU settings for Westell 7500 modem router thingy...Need Help Changing MTU Settings For XBox

I have a Westell 7500 router thingy, and I just got kicked from XBL and it says that MTU is low, I'm not sure how to change it from the router page. If anyone can help that would be great, and a side note, my bf just put in a game that required an update, and now it's logged back on the Live. Sooo, can anyone tell me how that works?

-question by Lizzie S

No access to mtu settingNeed Help Changing MTU Settings For XBox

I'm trying to connect to xbox live at work through my employer's network. I don't have the necessary access to change the mtu setting on our wireless router. Does anyone know of a way around this? Our connection is really slow because there are a lot of people sharing a limited amount of bandwidth but I'm not trying to game online. I just want to get my game updates. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-question by No Access

MTU errorNeed Help Changing MTU Settings For XBox

I have been trying to fix my MTU cuz I have a wired connection to my laptop because at first when I connected to my laptop it had no error of any sort. Now all of the sudden the XBOX has a MTU error. Any ideas??? Thanks

-reply by Andre