xisto Community
Murphy11211

Need Help Changing MTU Settings For XBox

How to change your MTU setting if using a bridged connection ( xbox-computer)Need Help Changing MTU Settings For XBox

hey,I had a lot of trouble trying to change my MTU setteing to suit my xbox settings, eventually I found this site, very easy ( I'm only 13 yrs old and even I could do it ) http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/vistaMTU.htm

Hope it helped-olie

how to change your clearwire mtu setting from your xbox 360Need Help Changing MTU Settings For XBox

I have a simlar problem. When I do the test the xbox 360 says that I do not have the right mtu setting but see I'm not running a router of any sort all I have is a broad band clearwire thingy and I need help trying to change the mtu setting from my xbox 360 dashboard?

p.S. I don't have a computer to link the clear wire through.

I actually have a slightly varied version of this question. I have the netgear wgt624v3 router and i have my xbox wired through an ethernet cord. All has worked well until today. For some reason I am now receiving the MTU setting error for xbox live. Now I know a decent bit about routers and networking so I have adjusted the MTU setting to the appropriate level of 1364 and again at 1492 and I still receive the MTU error. How is this possible? Anyone with the same problem? HELP!!!!!!!!!!

how to setup the mtu for xbox 360Need Help Changing MTU Settings For XBox

How do you fix the MTU for o2 wirless broadband. Because I realy want to get the xbox live set up. Please can you help me

-question by oisin

G'dayAll the network checks work fine on the xbox EXCEPT for the MTU settings, the 360 says it should be at least 1364, but mine is set too 1500, I called up the xbox live tech support and they said it might be to high, but I cant for the life of me figure out how to change the settings.

Really bad luck, 1500 is really the standard value for MTU. I would say that the problem is elsewhere, the MTU message is a poor way for diagnosis saying that there is a physical TCP/IP layer problem.
The only real info is that your rather hybrid connection is not accepted by one of the hardware parts in your total chain, it could be the Xbox, but it could also be NAT translation on your laptop who acts as a bridge between the wired and wireless networks. Usually this kind of job is done by a router device.

How do i get INTO my router and change the settings so that it will work with Xbox live.Need Help Changing MTU Settings For XBox

So far Live has worked for me for anywhere between a week through a year. But then I'll turn it on again, and it doesn't work. Says not enough MTU's. How do I get into my Router and change that. I have no idea where to begin looking changing things

-question by jawdrummer

Where is my XBOXLive????Need Help Changing MTU Settings For XBox

I have the same problem with mi CABLE connection,

my modem is an Ambit U10C019 and appears with 1500 MTU but  I can't put my Xbox on line

how can I change this value?

can anybody help me?

/txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley6.Gif /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley6.Gif

-question by JAIMO1

hi hellpp!!!!Need Help Changing MTU Settings For XBox

I have an xbox360 and live has been working fine and I have had very few problems untill today. It kicked me off live when I tested the connection it told me my mtu settings are not suffiecient. It took me ages to find my router page but now I have found it I don't really undestand any off it I cant find anything on there that says mtu settings or mtu for that matter can anyone please help.

-reply by kris

MTU settingsNeed Help Changing MTU Settings For XBox

I had a happy life untill yesterday.. My xbox thought it time for failing the MTU test.

So I went to my router page and louked up the MTU setting in 'Setup'

It was on Automatic so 1500 MTU.

The xbox is requiring 1365 so I don't get the prob here?

It has worked fine for 1.5 years and just like that it stopt working.

I got a Linksys router. One of the new ones ;)

I would apriciate a responce!

Simon

hey I was able to fix the MTU error thing on my xbox 360 by just changing the MTU to 1400 instead of the original which was 1500.

try using 1400 and see what happens.

-reply by Michael

I have the same exact problem right now. Everything was fine (well it wasn't the best connection but I never had a problem connecting) and then today it just stopped...And started telling me about some MTU connection error.  Doesn't really make any sense.  I have the same exact router and same exact set up.  Same problem.  Makes no sense.  Can anybody help us??

MTU setting is a bogus error messageNeed Help Changing MTU Settings For XBox

Hi... In response to this thread.  The most common problem when this arises is xbox live is down for maintenance.  I can't seen any actual reason why the MTU setting would have any effect.  I've looked at several systems and *every* time xbox live was down for maintenance.  Not saying something weird can't happen but I've never seen this problem persist--it's always been a bogus error.

Note:  MTU settings that are set to a standard byte size should *never* affect whether your devices can connect. If this ever ends up being the case then Microsoft will have made a massive engineering error--which is possible but I hope unlikely.

-reply by Michael

How To Solve MTU ProblemNeed Help Changing MTU Settings For XBox

hey Everyone, I had exactly the same problem with my 360 and LIVE the way to solve it if nothing else has helped so far...

1) if your xbox is connected to your main router/modem through a second modem simply take out the ethernet cord and plug it into the Main router, this may mean that you need to purchase a longer ethernet cable. This was not the exact problem in my case although it was very similar.

2)if your xbox is connected to your main router/modem through a second modem of which is also supplying internet to a computer/laptop take out the ethernet cable and just like in step 1 plug it into your first/main router. This was my exact problem and as soon as I plugged the ethernet cord from my xbox into my main router I heard the sound I had been starved offor the past 3 days... BLEEP BLOOP connected to xbox live.

The Reasons: why your xbox fails the test even though your MTU is set to 1364 or higher is because your second modem holds back a lot of your MTU, there are updates for modems as such, but the way I have explained is a lot cheaper and easier. If your xbox shares a modem with a computer or laptop your computers privacy settings, network settings or firewall settings may be causing the very same effect (draining/withholding a various amount of MTU) 

I hope this works for you all, add me if you like to tell me of your success or to ask for a more detailed step by step guide to getting your MTU sorted.

Gamertag: Crabtr33

-reply by Sam Crabtree