xisto Community
ArmTheMob

Wii Vs. Xbox 360 Vs. Ps3

Next Generation Consoles  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In my opinion, the Wii is seperate from the Xbox 360 and the PS3. I say that because from what I hear and from my looking at the Wii and it's games, it's more of a 'family fun machine' than a true game console, as it is very similiar to real-life games with the wiimote and all. Although I may be slightly biased in my opinion due to owning one, in my opnion the Xbox 360 wins. It has a large library of games, for most ages, and whilst lacking in a few abilities that the PS3 has, it has plenty more to make up for that fact. In recent monthes though, mine has been used more for watching DVDs than for playing games, though I do enjoy the odd play of it now and again. The Xbox Live Arcade feature is great. Being able to download classics allows you to replay them without digging out the old n64 or Megadrive.Short; the Xbox 36 gets my vote.

For the past 2 years I have been analyzing each system and been deciding long and hard which system would be the best fit for me. And discovered that the system that offers the best quality games that would satisfy me in the long run would probably be the 360. It have exclusive titles that interests me in my age group which is 19-30. But the Wii was also to be considered because of its party target audience play style. But the quality of the games that I have seen from the Wii seems like it was from the n64 or the systems of the past. The graphics doesnt seem to be impressive and came to a conclusion that the system would probably be a waste of my money for the fact that the system would not be fun at all if I was bored and was to play by myself. The single player titles that they have released for it does not entice me like the games for the other system does. The system is probably best set up for a party type atmosphere. Now for the ps3, this system obviously have potentional, with its many accessories and features. But the lack of games for it makes it fall of the competiton of next gen systems. With microsoft's xbox 360 in the lead with a year or 2 head start in developing software for their system, sony run far behind in the development of their games. Not only that but I have read in many sources that the developers themselves are having trouble developing games for the ps3 because of its complex system enviroment. So most of the developers currently are residing and falling towards the xbox360 as their system of choice for developing quality games. Games like halo 3, gears of war, assassins creed, gta IV, and many others seems to have good terms from their developers. While the other systems are giving developers a hard time to make the games for the following system or the system itself cannot handle the quality of the game that is being made. From the heavy analysis of the systems sales and its production, I made a conclusion that it was best fit for me to go with the 360, even if it would cost me extra to play online against others. Turns out that their marketplace feature on the xbox 360 is a really clean and user friendly interface. If I would recommend someone the system of choice you should definitely choose xbox360 for its production in quality games. While they should also consider the ps3 as their blu-ray player, because you cannot beat the price of ps3 as a blu-ray player as well as a game system itself, thats a 2 in 1. But you should also be patient because as these systems mature, we will definitely see a shift in competition between the 3 systems. Time will tell who the true next gen system really is. But for now I beleive the xbox 360 is the best quality system, while the Wii is the best party system.

360 ALL THE WAY! It really depends on your taste in games, though. I'm not even going to include the over sized waffle toaster in this post. :( Anyways, between the Wii and the 360 for me, it would have to be the 360, because it has a wider variety of games, and better games. Wii games are mainly for family and stuff like that, (Super mario, Wii sports, etc.). Now I know there are some M games for the Wii, but compare how many of those are for Wii to how many M games there are for 360. I would say the 360 won that one, but T games, the Wii would be just short of the 360. Now I'm not saying that the Wii sucks just because it has kiddy games, I admit, most of them are fun. I'm just saying that to me, the 360 is better, because it has the type's of games I like.

I prefer the Wii simply because it is the most fun. Sure the 360 may have a thousand first person shooters but, is that really a distinction? For my taste fun makes a game not graphics.

I like the Playstation 3 the best.I haven't played the PS3, but I think it's better for the following reasons:The Xbox 360 is really all First-Person-Shooters and action games.The Xbox 360 has the best graphics, but graphics aren't as important as gameplay.And ever hear of the Red Ring of Death?The Wii is very unique and is the only console that gives you exercise. I like the Wii, and have played it, and it is very fun.But the Wii has a lot of "Kiddish" games and not enough action.Nintendo also overdid it with the exercising thing. When can I enjoy a cool bloody war game?^ Xbox 360 has TOO MUCH of those.The PS3 has great gameplay as the reviews say.PS3 has a lot of racing games, and maybe a few First-person shooters.Good graphics, too.And the PS3 has a blu-ray player the plays blu-ray.And a Blu-Ray player is more expensive then the console itself!Really matters on your taste in video games, though. :)

Edited by Snake (see edit history)

For me playing games is all about fun. Sure the PS3 has great graphics and all that but the games are really the same games from the last several years with better graphics. The Wii, on the other hand, is just plain fun. Nintendo managed to figure out that game play was the most important thing for many players. They succeeded as well by attracting the non-console crowd to a console system. As for more tradition shoot em' up games or what have you I honestly think the PS2 is a great option. For one you can get one for about a quarter of the price of a PS3 or 360. Additionally there is an absolutely huge catalog of games availible and many of them or rather inexpensive. This is especially true if you add in the ability to play PS1 games on it. Sure they may be old but some of them are still fun. Certainly the PS3 is newer but the PS2 seems to be far from dead. One can still purchase a new unit and the system is still getting new titles made for it.

The PS3 doesn't only improve older games!Here are some good games on the PS3:Metal Gear Solid 4, Devil May Cry 4, Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, GTA IV, and many other cool games... :) And most of the games that come out on the PS3 usually get put on the Xbox 360 after.:P@Darasen: I have to agree with you, the Wii is fun.But I have to disagree with you on the PS3 one. (explained ^)And yes, PS2 FTW! :P

i dont know how the 360 is gonna do, the revolution looks fun and ps3 seems promising......

The xbox 360 in my opinion is better than the ps3. Xbox live is really good if you have gold, many players are online and you can get clan matches etc with other players and team up. In all the 360 has been a success and is really good.
The game play / online play is also very good. I know some PS fans who loved PS but have all (most of them) changed there mind and went for the 360.

The PC is very good and is like 360 in multilayer games, but the difference is that you use a mouse instead of a controller. :mellow:
Edited by Flamez (see edit history)

My friend said that the PS3 burns out easily.....The Wii is fun but if you don't put the strap thing on, you're gonna break something. My classmate got his stuck in his TV and got grounded.The XBOX 360 has lots of glitches still....The super nintendo is really old (MINE STILL WORKS)!!!

My friend said that the PS3 burns out easily.....

What do you mean by burns out easily?
Any way instead of listing which system is the best (which in my opinion is impossible) I will list what each one is good/bad at.

Good stuff-

Wii- Great for the family because a lot of the games are made for younger audiences. Another reason it's a great family gaming system is that most of the games have great mulitplayer modes. A lot of Wii games are bulit around the mulitplayer instead of the typical game which builds around the single player.

Xbox 360- Great for online play. Xbox live has far more players online then both the wii and the ps3. For this reason it is really easy to find players at your personal level of game play making for a better all around experience. The only downfall to it is that you must pay unlike ps3 and the wii which have free online capabilities.

Ps3- Great for graphics. I'm not saying that the ps3 has the best graphic because if you compare a few games side by side on both the xbox 360 and the ps3 the xbox360 wins some. What I am saying is that the ps3 has the capability to have the greatest graphics. The blu-ray stuff makes for some pretty good graphics.

Bad stuff-

Wii- Bad for graphics. The graphics are no where near the ps3 and xbox360 but the reason is because nintendo never cared about graphics. They focus more on game play and making things that haven't been make before. Hence the motion controls and the ds's double screen. Still the graphics suck.

Xbox 360- The red O seems to be a big problem with a lot of xbox 360 owners. They just don't seem to last long without breaking. The good news is that all you have to do is send the xbox 360 into microsoft and they should fix it for free.

Ps3- The price and late launch. The ps3 is by far the most expensive of the three systems and the late launch means that it has less games then xbox 360. This is getting to be less of a factor every day though as new games keep coming out.

Overall I don't think there is a winner. It all depend what you want in a system.

I have grown up with Nintendo, and then on up to like Nintendo64. I then turned to Playstation and have now felt like evolving into the Playstation 3. Once I started playing my Playstation, then the Gamecube came out and then the XBox, and so it is not that easy to just buy all of the new consoles. So I would like to keep up with Playstation. My brother in law has the XBox360, so then we can switch off on the popular movies once I purchase the PS3...I cannot say if it is better than X360, but that is what I will be buying and playing. I would think of the Wii, but it is a lot to put into video games...

I have grown up with Nintendo, and then on up to like Nintendo64. I then turned to Playstation and have now felt like evolving into the Playstation 3. Once I started playing my Playstation, then the Gamecube came out and then the XBox, and so it is not that easy to just buy all of the new consoles. So I would like to keep up with Playstation. My brother in law has the XBox360, so then we can switch off on the popular movies once I purchase the PS3...
I cannot say if it is better than X360, but that is what I will be buying and playing. I would think of the Wii, but it is a lot to put into video games...

The best one I would go for is the PS3, this is because:

-The cell chip is one of the most sophisticated CPUs developed; far superior to Intel and AMD developments. The games are BLU ray meaning that they have more space for better graphics, sound and environments.
-The true 1080p means the PS3 is future proof for the next 4 years at least unlike XBOX 1080i. Also you can play lots of movies from your PC on the PS3, which up scales them for your TV!
-The PS3 lets you surf the NET which is up-scaled to 1080p resolution; so your web pages never looked so perfect. You can even add your current keyboard and mouse.
-PS3 has unique games developed for its technology. This includes MGS4 and resistance that create environments and characters that are so real and MASSIVE that they could never be created on other platforms.
-The PS3 is a grown up console that has multimedia capabilities and is the most popular Blu ray player in the world; which means that the customer base is massive. I play online and the community is massive.
-The PS3 doesnât brake down like other consoles also.