xisto Community
ruijie

Internet Getting Slower And Slower

Lately, my computer's internet has been getting slower and slower. When I check the connections established in all my programs, there is my usual programs running. When I test the connection on another computer, it was also slow. The ping rate between my computer and the router is <1ms, so I don't think its the router problem. From 500 kb/s, it changed to 300kb/s, 100 kb/s and now its 30kb/s. Could it be a problem with the ISP?

Well lets start with the basics

-Go here to test you speed

http://www.bandwidthplace.com/

-Next would be to get rid of any programs that you don't use any more to free up some space.

-Next Defrag your computer and then disk cleaner to clean your computer up

Next download and install Ram DEF to clean up your ram on your computer

-Next download this spy ware remover

https://www.safer-networking.org/mirrors24/

-Run it to clear up any spy/ad ware that could be install on your computer.

-Then if you have Norton or mcafree or some virus remover software run that on full system. To clean up any possible viruses that could be installed.

-Then next do another speed test, you should see some improvement now

http://www.bandwidthplace.com/

-Next open up your browsers and set your cache settings real low, then delete your history and cache to clean any room you might make there.

-Now if your willing to pay some cash purchase Advance System Optimizer and run through everything to optimize your computer in ever aspect.

-Then run another speed test one more time and you should see a better improvement in your connection.

Now for the fun stuff since I have no clue what router your running or what kind of connection you have, make sure to have the latest firmware installed as well.

Hopefully the steps I provided can help you in the basics of making your connection a bit faster.

What type of connection are you using. You can check you download and upload speed as mentioned in the above post. It could be the problem because of the disturbances in the media that is being used to connect you to your ISP.Also it depends on the time of use. Some time Internet connection is damn slow depending on the load on the ISP. You try using your Internet at non peak hours atleast to rule out the probaility of a bug at your end.happy browsing

Also you might want to look at the connection type in your NIC control panel..some ISPs like you to have set up one way only for the best speed..for instance my ISP likes you to have the auto speed detect off and it set to 10MB full duplex..I really noticed a difference when I changed this to the settings they recommend..

Well, Internet Connection Belongs to Many Factors to be Slowed, There is a Server Speed and Cable bandwithdspeed ur computes speed, modems speed, and many many other factor, for example ur cable may broken, or somthing like under phisical or programming level,But In the THIORY when internet geting longer and longer speed must be getting slowlier and slowlier because distance getting longer and your spending more time to reach server!! and ofcourse our request will be waste more time then in nearly located servers, it not fact that its ur reasont to getting slow ur connection, i designed it for example, There a lot of thing that might happen!!!! EACH situation must be analysed in details i think!!

My web browsing does not work when iInternet Getting Slower And SlowerHello, I'm just got an EVDO connection yesterday and the speed I'm getting is much slower than I expected it to be. I use utorrent and the max speed I've gotten so far is 12kb/s and my web browser slows down badly or even stops working completely. I restricted the bandwidth in utorrent to 5Kb/s and this still happens. This also happens when I'm updating my antivirus.I did some speed tests on dslreports.Com and the results are 113KB/s, 85kb/s and 40kb/s. Even the lowest is far higher than the speed I get. I'll like to know any suggestions please.-reply by psymatix

Pcpitstop was the one earlier to test connections. I don't remember exact url of the page. You can google it. Other than that there are some more advanced speed testing apps out there. One can test ISP upload and download speed. I think one is speedtest. Another one is speedguide. Do check them out. More can be searched from google.

The solution is obvious call your ISP and say them to came to check your internet connection and repair your problem...So dont worry and dont try to change anything of your internet configuration because the problem is securely in the ISP company. I recommend you to visit the following website to test your internet conection speed: http://speedtest.cablecolor.hn/ and if there the results are alterated from your ISP connection plan the problem is maybe with a 100% of certainty in the ISP.

So test your speed and if the speed is alterate call your ISP.

Lately, my computer's internet has been getting slower and slower. When I check the connections established in all my programs, there is my usual programs running. When I test the connection on another computer, it was also slow. The ping rate between my computer and the router is <1ms, so I don't think its the router problem. From 500 kb/s, it changed to 300kb/s, 100 kb/s and now its 30kb/s. Could it be a problem with the ISP?

What kind of connection are you using?

Whats the package detail (connection) you are on?

and as others mentioned... there's quite a lot of speed test sites/tools available online that you can you to check if it is your ISP... otherwise there must be some sort of service gobbling up your bandwidth