xisto Community
FunDa

Blue Screen - irql_not_less_or_equal computer OS Windows problem booting

I have been getting this BSOD every once in a while and it is really starting to error teat me it all started when I put in a creative sound card, it did it immediately after I ran the setup for the drivers. I restarted my PC in safe mode and uninstalled the driver and restarted then I installed it again in normal mode and it all works and my sound works great but last night I got this BSOD again and I am wondering if it is the driver or the card, I doubt that it is the Card because the sound works fine.Can you please help me I dont want to format again......thank you

What is completely true is the fact that you should keep your drivers fully updated.

I would'nt express it that way. Once it works, I would make a backup and keep the thing working that way. If it happens stop working after an update or after a software change/install, I would come back to a previously working backup.I see no need updating a driver as long at the device is working correctly.

I agree with yordan, it isn't really neseccery to update your drivers the day it comes, if the system is working as it should with the drivers you got, when stay with it, unless you read some reviews or want new features they offer..To make it off topic, I really hate that directx10 is only for Vista, because I don't like Vista, I know the tactics to not make it work on XP, but seriously.. ;)

I usually keep all my drivers updated. Especially graphics card drivers since they often provide a greater performance than the drivers preceding them. This holds especially true on Linux as both NVIDIA and ATi drivers are still a work in progress.As for DirectX 10, I think everyone can agree with you. There are things I like Vista, but the things I hate about it outweighs what I like about it... oh the conundrum. I need 4GB of RAM to run the system smoothly, I can do that with 1GB of RAM on Linux. Now when I'm on the Linux partition, it's like an out of control rocket when it comes to loading things (unless I'm running a virtual machine at the same time).xboxrulz

Most of these problems occur with AMD chips, technically, these chips are defective or became defective.  Try replacing your CPU, and a more powerful HEAT SINK, also try to replace your memory.  Better yet get an Intel chip not AMDs like  Quad Core, or Dual Cores.  Intel Chips do not have those unstability problems.

Computer Engineer

I have the same problem,2 days ago y was playing Combat Arms by Nexon(a good FPS shooter :) ) and Vista appear a BSOD , I could write the error because my system get reinitiated  ,in next day my bro tryed to use my computer and my system got froozen, I tryed to adjust my sound card and vista start to works,but in this day I tryed to use it ,when my system appear initiating other bsod saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL,at other reinitiating it works,I'm using my computer ¡this! HELP ME!/txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley5.Gif

-reply by WindowsV4ever

Blue Screen - irql_not_less_or_equal - computer OS Windows problem bootingBlue Screen - irql_not_less_or_equal

Try changing out the memory. That is how I fixed it.  

-reply by Mike

You have an outdated attitude. There is no evidence to suggest that AMD chips are more unstable than intel chips. If thats your experience, fine. Everyone I know uses athlons and they're no problem. I've never heard of anyone having stabilitiy problems merely because they're running an AMD chipset. It is always, always, always some other problem (faulty hardware, bad install, crappy heatsynch with temperatures too high etc.) 

This guy is talking with the view of hard-nosed intel fanboys who didn't like the fact that when AMD came out with the athlon chip it was allot cheaper and allot faster than the pentiums of the day. You all got spitroasted for clinging so tenaciously to intel, and you need to open your mind and update your attitude.

BTW; IRQL = Interprocess Request Level. I fixed this one by clearing the CMOS. 

FIXING THE B:LUE SCREEN OF DEATH ERROR IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALBlue Screen - irql_not_less_or_equal

I was searching how to fix the BSOD while trying to install Windows 7 ( Although it works with installing Vista too ) Evidentally it happens when you have more than 3GB of memory intalled so removing memory to get it below 3GB of memory will allow the installation successfully, trying it now.

REPORT:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

-reply by josh

how to fix irqlBlue Screen - irql_not_less_or_equal

my pc wont boot and it turn to a blue screen it is the irql error. The problem is I cant format it with a new operating system higher than windows 98.How can I install windows xp to my hard drive

-question by jeff

tards >.Blue Screen - irql_not_less_or_equal

guys I don't know where you learn your I.T Skills, but there outdated, AMD don't! make crappy chips, look at the new core i7 thats a ripped off AMD chip, with the memory controller on the chip.

second this BSOD can happen on any hardware, Intel or AMD. As I'm writing this post I have a P3 infront of me with this error, I lifted the laptop off the desk, to give it room to breathe and it worked fine.

for people that are willing to listen, I would try memtest v3.3, run a hard drive scan as well just to see if your drives on the way out.

Peace

Your irql_not_less_or_equal Fix-Blue Screen - irql_not_less_or_equal

Well the best thing to do to find out the source of your problem is strip the computer to only it's essential functioning components. That means 1 stick of ram, if you have more than . 1 hard drive and so on. When the bios starts to load go ahead and press "Del" this will bring up your bios options. Go ahead and move your arrow keys to the right side this will bring you to several options "save and exit" or "load system defaults" ect. Your going to want to load your defaults the computer will start up. In my case I had a bad stick of ram and my drivers weren't loading properly. If all else fail's get a new HDD =) fresh new start. GoodLUCK!

-reply by Robby

BSOD VISTABlue Screen - irql_not_less_or_equal

Went through system repair at boot said yes to the system restore option back up and running looks like a virus could have been the culprit hope this helps...

-reply by Jason