xisto Community
Johnnio

Sony Ericsson

I am thinking of getting the K750i, anyone have this phone and think it's good? Or I might get the W800i because it was like 170 on a site I visited, but anyone own either of these phones and could tell me if they are worth getting :P

My Gf has the W800i ..We find it ok...a lot better than the earlier Sony models..We SMS a LOT and here lies a problem with the Sony...my phone is a pocket pc..i got 4 gig of memory..i have saved every sms from the last year ..never have to bother to delete anything..I bought a 1 gig stick for her phone...lots of room now for music without having to re rip mp3s to a lower quality to fit on the phone...but here comes the problem for us...it seems virtually impossible to save more than about 40 sms on her phone and seems to be no way to use the 1 gig stick to store them in...Shes constanlty having to delete a few when one arrives..and the sony wont download new msgs till you delete old ones ;(((This really sucks!!!!!The camera is ok...but if you switch the memory to the phone memory and not the stick inside...it takes ages to save photos cos sony put a really slow flash ram inside the phone ;((Also another anooying thing is the themes abnd photos installed on the phone that cannot be delted by anythign known to man!@!! so shes stuck with a Robbie Williams theme with a large jpeg and mp3 files installed by the phone provider...these take up space and cannot be delted even with third party phone explorer software ;(( It seems the "owner" of these items is the phone provider...so unless u unlock it with a special code..they remain...The ringtones installed are really bad..first thing I had to do was make her a new one cos the sony ones are unusable ;(((After the few days a bit of plastic fell out of the main menu control button..and we cant get it replaced..no shop seems to have it...The headphone socket REALLY sucks..im SICK of phones without a "normal" (normal=3.5 stereo jack) socket...shes gone thro 2 sets of sony headphones...(bad quality ones to be honest..) so she got a rip off brand headphones..that I took apart and soldered a "proper" set of headphones to it...this lasted a few months before the connector broke and would only power the left side ;(((Also its SOO anooying cos its on the bottom on the phone!!! so you have to have it in your pocket upside down all the time..and it seems to come out with the slightest movement of the phone..so you have to stop the mp3///connect it again..then start the mp3 again ;(( Thats all the bad points we can think of..Good points are the battery life...call quality...the camera when in memory stick mode..My girl has to change her contract next month...instead of replacing the phone...shes goign to keep it...cos our provider is offering a Xbox 360 and a really old non colour phone with a new 2 year contract...were going to go with that so that our boy can get a "free" xbox for Xmas :P and we have a new non complicated phone incase of a breakdown of the other phones we have.I would really compare the sony to other models form Nokia and Samsung..im pretty sure theres better phones out there that do the same things...but please try b4 u buy!! go to a shop and have it in your hand...play with them for 10 mins each before signing a new contract...Good luck with your quest.....Mark+Muriel :P

Edited by Mark420 (see edit history)

I have a SE K700i and the only thing I want to say about that one is that you should avoid it.
I know somebody who has a K750i and it's realy a lot better, the camera is good (plus it has a door to prevent dust from getting on the lens), it accepts memory sticks (altough I'm not a fan of MS because it's rather expensive), the memory stick is a lot faster for data transfer (the K700i onboard memory sucks at 17Kb/s ...) and the build quality is a bit better (stickers tend to get loose).

But if you realy want a good mobile phone, I'd suggest to look for something more recent, samsungs phones seem to be pretty good (especialy the sliding types).

The Nokia N-series seem to be good too, I realy like the ones that have WiFi onboard :P , but they are kinda expensive.

Ow, do check out http://www.mobile-review.com/ , they have tons of good reviews.

I purchased the k570i a few months ago and so far, I'm pretty impressed! its a great, versatile phone that doesn't ever seem to give up! the 2.0 Mega Pixel camera is worth its weight in gold and takes great quality and massive resolution images! The sound quality is great in phone mode (talking using the phone), the mp3 player and the built in FM radio.It uses a Memory Stick Duo Pro, which is a let down in a way because of the price! but otherwise the memory is pretty good. The pack i got came with a 64mb card and the phone has built in, i think from memory its about 30 something mb (don't quote me on that though! :PThe battery does seem to run down rather quickly and can seem to jump from a high percentage to a low percentage rather quickly. Then sometimes for no reason at all, it seems to gain battery power again?! There is a quite handy feature that allows you to check the actual percentage value of the battery (press up or down on the volume rocker button)Only other problem that i have found is that it only allows a limited amount of phone book entries. I think you can have only 5 numbers per person. OK for most people, but i can become a problem if you have many numbers for one friend! Also, the buttons are a bit smaller then most and it can take a bit of getting used to. The phone also has T9 dictionary support.This phone does not come with 3G though! The next model up, the k800i does have this feature, but was rather expensive (about another AU$500). The k800i is exactly the same except for a 3.0 Mega Pixel camera and has the 3G video calling support.Overall a great phone and I would recommend it to anyone.

ow, one thing I've forgotten to mention about the SonyEricsson phone's. There's this great, free application for managing your phone, it's called Float Mobile Agent (http://fma.sourceforge.net/). It can be used to back-up (and view) sms messages, phone book, agenda ... almost everything.Even better is that FMA shows up as a device on your mobile phone. So you can controll your pc using your mobile phone, great for presentations or when you listen to music/watch a movie in your bed :P

My misses has wanted a K750i for awhile now, she thinks it's the best thing ever lol, so I guess it must be pretty good, the specs looked allright too.But there's so many darn mobile phones out there, who the hell knows what is the best lol, I just plain avoid them where I can, I haven't owned one in years.

I have a k510i it's great but i can't add a memory stick to it and those 28mb aren't that muchThe k750i a very good choice the camera is very good and you can add a card of maximum 2gb to it, but if you have the money go for the W800i :P

Most of Sony Ericcson models problem i think JoyStick that cause i think its using more then any other button, and many other problems u wll have with this phone i think also with Firmware, its very very bad loaded when u droping or doing somthing like that its getting away and u must to upload it again, i have p910i i think its a unproblematic model coz there are no any buttions and things u may do in other models but Big probelm Symbian Os on it i think!

I have bought this new Sony Ericsson W205 phone. I need to transfer the sms'esĀ ,notes etc to my PC.. I tried using MyExplorer software, no luck..There's no phone mode only file transfer. Need help!

-question by Ruan