xisto Community
m107

Best Antivirus

Yes, norton eats a lot of resource. and i never seen it personally detecting any viruses. perhaps, norton is eating so many services and not letting viruses to be seen,who knows.

I'm afraid it sometimes works in silent mode. For instance when you unzip a file, some potentially unwanted programs are not present in the final folder.

Well that much they have to do as Antivirus. But in many times when you open word files then also it takes a lot of time and sometimes it gets hang as well. this is what is bad about norton. i mean they use resources such high that it gets problem for other application to function properly.

many times when you open word files then also it takes a lot of time and sometimes it gets hang as well.

Wow! I expected word files having nothing dangerous, so I thought that the long time opening my Microsoft Word document was due to the huge size of my typing things and the small size of my PC processor unable to run Microsoft Word in a reasonable time. So, you think that Norton also uses resource when you open a word text file ?Now I understand that my reference word document is opened very slowly by our computer protected by Norton, and very fast by the computer protected by XXXAfee ! :D

So, you think that Norton also uses resource when you open a word text file ?

Yes, it also checks word and excel files as there are some viruses written for it. If you try it with another antivirus even they'll check before opening your word/excel files. I use NOD32 these days on laptop and even it takes second to flash this message at the bottom of the word. It says " scanning for viruses" and then goes away then word get's it's resource back and loads the document.

Check it with other antiviruses as well, the time it takes to open will vary but they'll flash in the bottom toolbar. And the document will open only after it is completed scanning.

AVG is perfectBest Antivirus

I used Symantec, Eset Nod32, Mcafee etc., but some issues on them any way I personally feel that  AVG is perfect for my PC.