xisto Community
mpinsky

Bravehost Hosting Is Not The Way To Go For the love of God...No

When I was a newbie at finding website hosts, I decided to try Bravehost. After all, it did look promising, right? Wrong!

When I registered, everything was extremely hard to navigate, their FAQ wasn't helpful at all, I got no support whatsoever for some odd reason, and when I unsubscribed from their newsletter, I still kept getting it! I must have unsubscribed like, three times now! Eventually, I got fed up with it and blocked their address from my e-mail account, and yet it still manages to bypass my spam and blocked e-mail addresses filter, every single time!

In the end, I didn't even get my website up because their control panel was just too confusing for me to use, not to mention that really ugly banner ad up at the top that screwed everything up.

Wasn't impressed at all. :unsure:

Edited by mpinsky (see edit history)

i have made two sites.....well attempted too....i have had so much trouble. i had trouble wit the counters, mail and even putting php, xhtml and html into the web-making thing they use. i used to get so frustrated!!! haha.i do not recommend it anyone.

same thing here, bravehost is very confusing and there is no support at all. However I did manage to unsubscribe from their newletter. I remember going to edit profile and the unchecking to newletter checkbox.And if that doesn't work change your e-mail on edit profile. just give a very random e-mail like ashdflakshdfkasuehf@ashfdkshf.com that should work.

Hehehhe I think that everybody knows that "Bravehost Hosting Is Not The Way To Go". :)

Bravehost was my first host. Yes, everyone knows the bad things about Bravehost, but I have to say that it did have some good features as well. It was very easy to use.

But then, it was full-on with ads for me so I switched. :ph34r:

I think I tryed bravehost. I didn't like the cpanel set up and it didn't support much scripting or it had ads. I came to Xisto after trying about every other web host on the web. This is the only host with good space bandwidth (not the ulimited scam), nice uptime and speed, and best of all support for php and sql without ads. Do even look for anouther host better then Xisto lol. I don't like that bravehost uses pictures to make there site seem better then it is. I have never seen a site that combines two images to form a word (look at Get your hosting free now, its two images lol).Thats my input,Sparkx

Brave host was good once upon a time with no Ads and everything but now it has got big ads whicdh you can even colour code so it is no good and correct me if im wrong but it also has the fact we cant put our own ads on here.

One that I just tried was zendurl hosting. After I signed up, things were working. But just hours later, their whole hosting went into downtime, so I had to give up on them. I just need something dependable; that's why I am here at Xisto! I am really hoping that this is the one; I read good reviews at the free webhosts website.

Brave host was good once upon a time with no Ads and everything but now it has got big ads whicdh you can even colour code so it is no good and correct me if im wrong but it also has the fact we cant put our own ads on here.

I used to host my old website when they had no ads, I had no trouble at all, and it was a decent host, but the day after they introduced the ads, my whole website was messed up, and they added a lot more limitations, so I deleted my account. I agree I don't like the bravehost, even if you're just setting up a simple website.

I have used bravehost when I was 13-14 years old, the web services it offered, never used webhosting though, but those guestbooks and other stuff.. at that time, it was one of "those" cool services, even though their mailists and announcements were already filtered as SPAM B) It sucked with all those ads and similar stuff, so I decided to use other people written scripts, they usually sucked too, due to they were free, so after that I thought to write my own guestbooks and counters, this is how I moved to PHP programming and tech. web programming. :)

Yeah it would be good for first time web creators and little projects but overall you will eventually need a proper hosting plan because you can do nearly everything you could do on the crappy featureless free hosts plus much more on a real hosting plan, even the free hosts that allow cpanel are much better than the hosts that use a custom made system.The restrictions in place on the free hosts make it so you can only have like 2 pages and about 5mb of storage (just used as an example) means that you can't really get the most out of the service and you are limited to what you can do.-HellFire

I tried bravehost cuz i liked their tools to put on other sites... but their site hosting is rubbish.. i advise you not to go there but if you like the big ads and really hard to set up then go for it :s otherwise i suggest you dont

Bravehost/net is one of the worst hosts I have EVER used.I used it when i was like 12 for some site which i forgot what it was now. Something for school I think.Also, late last year I think they added even more adds, these are down the bottom. Theres huge adds up the top and bottom and theres popups.Bravehost tools are just as bad.

Well.. i would not say that bravehost is totally sucker.I mean, I started out with my first 2 paged website with them, took me 2 weeks to design those 2 pages. I know, the control panel was difficult and all that stuff.And i designed my pages in Microsoft Word :P ....well.. things could never be worse... Lolx..anyway, they have ads all over, which sucks. That's why i hate them <_<