xisto Community
zomowiec

What Old Games Do You Like Most:p?

Favorite old games:Mario Brothers/ Duck Hunt (Duck hunt is so awesome especially with that gun-shaped controller that came with it.)BombermanI really liked SuperMario 64 that was really good. Also Boogerman (has anyone ever heard of it? really funny old game for the nintendo. I don't remember the system name, but it was the one where the cartridge was put in from the top like the 64 but it was older.)That is kind of it for the oldest games that I know and like. On the subject of old computer games, I think that if you get a really really old one from when computers that had like 1gig of memory was amazing and play it on a computer now and days, the game goes EXTREMELY fast. It would be amusing to watch.

There are so many good old games. From the ones already mentioned I likeThe Incredibly Machine, It had hours of gameplay in it!Zelda, awesome for playing with a few friends.Starcraft, I stil play it every now and again.Heroes of might and magic, they were all pretty good but I recon number IV was my favourite.Raptor: Call of the Shadows, really was awesome! All the cool weapons! This is one of the few games I played as a demo and it inspired me to buy the game!And Duck Hunt, the gun was awesome!But there's another series of games that aren't listen here. The XCOM UFO Defence series! They were in my opinion the best old games!Did anyone else ever play them? What did you think?

I like the old game of Mah Joung. On the outside it looks like either a very simple game or an exercise in futility. However, the more you play the game, the more you see that, yes, there is a strategy to winning. (Of course, winning means that you are able to click on all pairs, leaving a clean board.)Some winning strategies include:1) Before you click on a pair check to see if there are 1 or 2 other identical game pieces available for removal from the board. If all four are open, then click on them willy nilly. If only 3 are available, then proceed on to number 2.2) When only 3 identical pieces are open, choose your pair carefully. Imagine the pieces that become available when you click on one pair compared to the other pair. Why choose one pair over another pair?To answer the question proceed onto number 4.3) Imagine your board as having crucial access points or rather stopflows that hinder your progress at creating or matching pairs. Depending on the Mah Joung piece arrangement, there are usually 3 main stoppers. One is the small amount of pieces on the uppermost layer. 2nd and 3rd may be at opposite ends of the board, and are probably on the same layer. These two pieces, once they are matched, will allow two sets of 2 side by side rows to be opened up to sequential matching that converge to the middle of the board.4) Refer to number 3 to understand this strategy. Now all the initial matches must be done working at freeing those pieces that match the stoppers. Hence, you need to visualize your moves 1-2-3 moves ahead of yourself. Why? It is because freeing up these stoppers early on can make or break the game. 5) The importance of choosing your pair carefully when you have only 3 available is that otherwise the 3rd unmatched piece can become a new stopper. One hint is that if one of the 3 becomes an island, go with the other two. That way you have prevented the 3rd from becoming a stopper.6) Starting from the top down. This creates more free pieces or at the very least enables the player to see where more of the pieces are in order to continue to strategize as the game is being played out.

I remember Oregon Trail! Oh, that was kind of fun. I also played this game, Perfection. You had to get all the little pieces in the correct slots before time ran out, or the whole game blew up on you (not much, just a big enough pop to make all the little pieces jump out at me, and scare the witts out of my five year old self).

Well if were not just talking PC games anymore, Atari's Adventure and Astroids were my favorite old games. I played Adventure all the time, and was mad when my dad got rid of it because I knew all the catacombs. As for Astroids, I would stay up all night on the weekends with my best friend playing that game! Once we even took a picture of our high score on a polaroid and we were going to send it to Atari. I don't know what ever happened to that picture. And I remeber Duck Hunt. When my family bought the Nintendo when it first came out, we all used to say that my mom was cheating at that game because she would hold the gun right against her glasses, which made it completly steady and she used to kick our butts ;) .

Well, I have to say that i grew up playing video games but alone, I did not manage to get a game buddy. So I can blame video games for achiving in me a cero social life style..But, for the names of the video games I played back then when I was in my teens, well I have to go for defender. I remember when I was a kid I even enjoyed watching other guys playing this game..I did not played it a lot, because it was very dificult for me..But watching how the guys maneuvered and fired and changed directions, was very, very amazing...Talking about an old game..This would be the best game,,DEFENDER. And that was a time were no nintendo machines existed, just the big arcades consoles, where you had to put coins or tokens..Gosh I remember once, that I wasted the change of my father in this arcades, I was crazy, very addicted..I still am,but now God is control, not me..Another game, would be a game of the commodere 64 computer, I remember spending whole monts and even dreaming about the creatures game..it is called: creatures I and II and the same with a flight simulator called F-26 about a stealth fighter...I remember reading the whole manual..Gosh,, I could keep writing for hours but I will stop now...

I remember Duke Nukem 3D...I used to spend countless hours playing that game, trying to annihilate everything on every level in the shortest time possible. My friend Rich and I used to spend entire class periods in high school playing this in our CAD class ;)

Super mario brothers Ughh GOD yes! lol I can play that game from memory going through every single jump ;) I've played it with my eyes closed! And then Super Mario RPG for Snes. I loved any thing for Regular nes to Super Nintendo ;) it's all awsome to play. Idk I think Mortal Kombat was a pretty good game since it pretty much started the whole DoA, KoF, thing...

Lets see...I loved a lot of the NES games. Probably my favorite NES game was Contra. Now that was a fun game that needed skill and fast reaction time. The Super Mario series would also be up there and the Double Dragon games. Me and my cousin would try to see who could perform the most high knees or hurricane kicks to enemies and knock them off the stage. Sure does remind me of some great times.

Ok here we go, let's remember some of the oldies:Alex The Kidd (Master System II, Built-In)Hang On (built into Master System I but I had it seperate for Master System II).Sonic The Hedgehog (SMS)Sonic The Hedgehog II (SMS)Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat II (SNES)Final Fantasy VII (PSX)Airo The Acrobat I and II (SNES)Mario 64 (N64)A ton of RPG's across SMD, SNES, NES, GB, GBC, GBA, PSX, N64, PS2 etc lol.Quite a few PC games too, like NWN (Neverwinter Nights) and there is just tons!!!

Ha ha ha.. good topic !For me :MinesweeperFreecellRaptorDoomWolfenstein 3DHeroes Might And Magic (especially ver. III)Virtual CopAnd maybe there are some more... I can't remember :rolleyes:

Minesweeper now that is a classic.I am no good at it really however lol.Hey Virtual Cop, is that the one where you can have the gun in the arcade and shoot the screen? (I liked that one, and a similar game with the gun made for Playstation, wish I had it myself).